onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Lincoln City

Fosse69

Never ever expected anything today really.Set pieces and poor defending cost us yet again.What really happenes during the week,what haoppens in training?We lack height and are easily knocked off the ball.Simply not physically strong enough.

AYes Vale scored 2 goals today against Lincoln and not many teams have managed to score 2 goals against them,But not many teams have conceded 6 (six) goals against Lincoln either.

What do they do during the week in training?Why do we contine to defend so poor?

We really are in a right mess and there is little light at the end of the tunnel.

Could Smurf be trusted to appoint a new manager should Aspin be sacked.Step forward Danny Pugh.

We as a club have been on a downward spiral for the last few years.We have gone from the play offs of league 1 with a (outside) chance of promotion to the Championship down to the depths of leage 2 (only survived by 1 goal last season.I dont claim to know what the answer is but something somewhere needs to change.

Advert

Mickyferns - turn your predictive text off. Time should be tune.

No I have not changed my tune. Not sure what manager could be brought in with the Smurf wages he is willing to pay. Pay peanuts - you get managers learning their trade.

Agree really but he gave us what was a popular decision in Aspin so really he can't win either way but what he did do is backed Aspin financially to make 17 signings that other than Hannant are garbage.

We are the next Chesterfield.

Mickyferns - turn your predictive text off. Time should be tune.

No I have not changed my tune. Not sure what manager could be brought in with the Smurf wages he is willing to pay. Pay peanuts - you get managers learning their trade.

Agreed, but could you honestly say he's still learning his trade after 10 years in management?

What he is doing though is learning how to compete in a higher division than he's had to so far and with an owner who won't invest - at least not in this club. Still Norman, never lost on a deal yet have you? Still think it's easier to run than Stoke Audi?

We keep asking you - what manager/managers would you suggest that could take over from Aspin. Still waiting and you need to keep it sensible - as we have Smurf funding the wages.

It will be another manager willing to manager for peanuts and that means just starting to learn his trade.

I don't have time to devote to such decisions but I do wonder if Russel Slade wud be happy work for peanuts instead of the the dole...

I’ve said it since Adams resigned that we need another experienced manager at the helm and not bring in Manchester who are the cheap option.

If we go with the cheap option again the who knows! But from the available experienced managers we could approach the likes of Steve Cotterill, Brian McDermott, Mark Warburton, Simon Grayson, Brian Laws, Kevin Nolan - all could do a job but that would mean our idiotic owner actually putting his hand in his pocket for once! we can only hope!

Agreed, but could you honestly say he's still learning his trade after 10 years in management?

What he is doing though is learning how to compete in a higher division than he's had to so far and with an owner who won't invest - at least not in this club. Still Norman, never lost on a deal yet have you? Still think it's easier to run than Stoke Audi?

I feel that Aspin is now panicking at the results and this is affecting his team selections. He is loosing the fans that support him, due to his selection choices. Playing players in different places all the time must be upsetting for the players and playing them out of position is not helping either. Are the backroom staff able to say - boss what the .... are you doing picking that team. What about moving this player here and that player there. I don't think they are able to do that now.

Yet another Vale legend gone down hill due to being picked as a manager. I did not want him here as a manager as he was never going to win this one due to the chairman. But have given him my full support and thought some of his signings were good and others were going to be good if they improved and stepped up.

Norman did it to please the fans and say you wanted him, so I gave him to you. I feel sorry for Aspin, he was never going to win the manager of the year with Smurf in charge.

As this steady decline to oblivion continues, who has been the one constant at the club?

We've had 3 entirely new squads, every type of manager you can imagine, and we're still a tinpot outfit looking at non-league.

Aspin out. Norm out. Wake yourselves up, Vale fans.

Does anyone else feel the club is terminally finished?

We have no young fans, and an owner killing us which fails to elicit any form of response from the faithful.

We're sleepwalking to oblivion and some fans had the audacity to clap the players off at the end. The rest trudged out in silence, clearly only waiting till 90 as they can't conceive leaving before.

Any normal club wouldn't have stood for these past 3 seasons. We deserve this.

Aspin I respect you as a player but as a manager you are awful!

I thought foyle then Glover were bad managers as ex players but you beat them hands down! Pugh left wing at 36 years of age really?

What is the obsession with playing smith ahead of Rawlinson at centre back when Smith is probably one of the worst centre halves I’ve seen at vale park.

Archived