Smurfwaite / Nuneaton

Inbothcamps

One other point from me on this sorry, sorry situation.

By Smurfthwaite’s own admission he has had countless recent meetings with regards to a club he doesn’t own and can supposedly have no input into.

Meanwhile, a club he does own continues to float rudderless down continually choppy waters.

As my A Level papers would have requested,

“Discuss”

I’m sure it all makes perfect sense, but sadly not in this world.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ground and football club are separate entities. Smurf has kindly offered to wave any rent owned (something that has never been paid to ground owner in past).

Rumour is that he is looking at getting Coventry City to use the ground. Perhaps for 1st team (agreement at RICOH ends soon) but more likely training and their academy.

Am I cynical enough, at my tender age, to think that Norm, having seen the books and knowing Nuneaton is terminally finished, bought the ground (with the sweetener of being altruistic enough to not charge rent that had never before existed), knowing that in due course he would have a valuable piece of land which he could rent out to, oh I don't know, a team from his home town who have a good chance of being homeless in the very near future?

Am I cynical enough, at my tender age, to think that Norm, having seen the books and knowing Nuneaton is terminally finished, bought the ground (with the sweetener of being altruistic enough to not charge rent that had never before existed), knowing that in due course he would have a valuable piece of land which he could rent out to, oh I don't know, a team from his home town who have a good chance of being homeless in the very near future?

That’s not as far fetched as it seems Hagrid.

But without Smurf coming to the rescue of PVFC there would be no PVFC :wink:

Even though he didn't know he was actually buying a football club.He was led into it by a close mate who he didn't really know very well. :doh:

He faces a massive problem though. The land leading to the ground is owned by the Rugby Club.

This started before Smurf appeared. Was "resolved" then started again.

The (cut down) history is that the football club had to move grounds, so bought the ground off the rugby club and agreed that the rugby club could also use.

When the football club went bust in 2008 the new owner of the football club said the agreement was null-and-void and stopped the rugby club from playing on it.

The only retaliation was for the rugby club to put skips on their land, meaning most of the turnstiles could not be used.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/skipgate-saga-resolved-nuneaton-borough-14952095

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/gallery/skips-blocking-entrances-nuneaton-town-12452056

1_Skips-Nuneaton-town-02.jpg

He faces a massive problem though. The land leading to the ground is owned by the Rugby Club.

This started before Smurf appeared. Was "resolved" then started again.

The (cut down) history is that the football club had to move grounds, so bought the ground off the rugby club and agreed that the rugby club could also use.

When the football club went bust in 2008 the new owner of the football club said the agreement was null-and-void and stopped the rugby club from playing on it.

The only retaliation was for the rugby club to put skips on their land, meaning most of the turnstiles could not be used.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/skipgate-saga-resolved-nuneaton-borough-14952095

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/gallery/skips-blocking-entrances-nuneaton-town-12452056

[ATTACH=CONFIG]357[/ATTACH]

So he bought the ground / land which is basically on land he can not get access to.:laugh: But he is blaming other people:laugh: A shrewd business man / property developer that has NEVER lost out on a deal.

I feel sorry for Nuneaton fans as I do for all the Smurthwaite loving Vale fans.

Another decent club in a car crash scenario with the clueless buffoon at the wheel. Frankly I’d have preferred if Vale had gone under than put up with the last 3 years and any future years under Smurthwaite.

Sounds like a pretty good business decision to me. If not Smurf then someone else would have done it.

ninety year old man conned out of savings by a millionaire.

Smurf still denying he owns the football club

Do Tesla have a new car out? I'm sure the old gent's hard earned money will be put to good use...

Do Tesla have a new car out? I'm sure the old gent's hard earned money will be put to good use...

I think this is their latest model, the P100D, with acceleration of 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, a snip at £123,500. Ideal for anyone who might be looking for a quick getaway.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/blog/new-tesla-model-s-now-quickest-production-car-world?redirect=no

They are just the coolest cars...massive power, which you can charge direct from solar panels rather than the grid

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/videos/experience-model-s

ninety year old man conned out of savings by a millionaire.

Smurf still denying he owns the football club

That's not what it says or means...

This is 90 yr old Tony. Whilst we were filming for @bbcmtd at struggling Nuneaton Borough FC today he turned up with £500 of his savings in an envelope to donate to the club so they can pay the players. Proper fan!!

Just been on BBC that their last game could be against Bradford PA on Saturday. Usual guff from the other BBC about being sad that a club he has a personal interest in is in such a state.

Well Norman, you should know. Of course you don't own NBFC do you? But if not you, then who? Them today, us tomorrow.

That's not what it says or means...

This is 90 yr old Tony. Whilst we were filming for @bbcmtd at struggling Nuneaton Borough FC today he turned up with £500 of his savings in an envelope to donate to the club so they can pay the players. Proper fan!!

Nuneaton's response:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatontownfc/news/club-statement-clarification-on-500-donation-2358703.html

Nuneaton Borough Football Club would like to clarify a report, that emerged on Twitter yesterday, with regards to a donation of £500 from one of our incredibly generous fans. At the time, that the fan in question, arrived at the Club, there were no members of staff present as it was an off day. We have confirmed, this morning, that the fan still has the money and that it has not been donated to the Club.

Whilst we’re incredibly grateful for the generosity of our wonderful supporters we don’t think it would be right for us to accept this donation. We would urge fans to hold off on donations at this time until the situation becomes clear and our future is far less uncertain.

Archived