onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfwaite / Nuneaton

Inbothcamps

I do not believe as the chairman of a FL club for 4/5 years that he was unaware of the rules, irrespective of peoples opinions of him, it is so basic.

Didn't smurf claim he got ownership of Port Vale by accident; he didn't know he owned it? There was something like that.

Advert

That was the thing........ nobody; in fact its believed the club did not even have a bank account.

There was no landline or electricity (there was a generator which I believe Smurf purchased diesel for).

All transactions were cash, including Season Tickets.

I was told that Smurf went over to collect the Bradford gate receipts to be told he could not have them as he was not the owner (as he claimed) :)

There was also the situation about wanting to sack the manager.

Its believed that the football club have been acting illegally by having no-one in control.

So how were wages paid and HMRC dealt with??

So how were wages paid and HMRC dealt with??

A very good question. Its pretty much accepted that the manager, assistant manager, secretary and bar manager were running the club.

Only FACT is that no one (including thorn and smurf) actually know what was/is going on

A very good question. Its pretty much accepted that the manager, assistant manager, secretary and bar manager were running the club.

Only FACT is that no one (including thorn and smurf) actually know what was/is going on

Hmmm. The silence from all parties is deafening. I wonder why that is ?

The more I read about this fiasco the more incredible it appears that our Owner deemed it fit for his intervention. Nothing seriously appears to have been thought out before bulldozing into yet another "Smurf, high and mighty attitude" without the required nous , intelligence or respect for us at Port Vale FC. All about Smurf, no change there then?

A considered, respectful, dedicated Owner of an already established Football Club would surely NEVER have contemplated entering into ridiculous, pie in the sky dealings like this Nuneaton pantomime, unless personal greed was the only motive.

If anyone didn't believe before that we are stuck with an Owner that has no feelings or long term future for our own Great Club then this soap opera called Nuneaton has to bring it home to them that the sooner Vale are parting company with him the better.

In simple terms Smurthwaite is one of the parasites making money with absolutely no thoughts or concerns about the clubs that he is involved in.

When he told us at a meet the owner meeting that the Oystons who own Blackpool were his mentors. That was enough for me to realise that we had got a 'bad un' owning us.

In simple terms Smurthwaite is one of the parasites making money with absolutely no thoughts or concerns about the clubs that he is involved in.

When he told us at a meet the owner meeting that the Oystons who own Blackpool were his mentors. That was enough for me to realise that we had got a 'bad un' owning us.

I’m not defending him, I want him gone as much as the next man, but in fairness he said the EFL appointed the Oystons as his mentors.

I’m not defending him, I want him gone as much as the next man, but in fairness he said the EFL appointed the Oystons as his mentors.

How could the EFL appoint them as his mentors? What right do they have to do so?

Why would they appoint the appoint the Oystons after all the controversy,trouble,upset that they have been involved with at Blackpool?

Do the EFL know that they appointed them to be Smurfs mentor?

I'm well aware of his infamous arrogance but the delusion to try to get involved at another club when he's already absolutely tanked the first one and come within a hair width of two successive relegations and into non-league is really quite astounding.

Total detachment from reality.

I'm well aware of his infamous arrogance but the delusion to try to get involved at another club when he's already absolutely tanked the first one and come within a hair width of two successive relegations and into non-league is really quite astounding.

Total detachment from reality.

Very true, think someone says on their thread that our owner allegedly said he had put £300k into it, if this the ground cost god help them when one person on their forum said the ground can be purchased … whats the betting its at £1million if this is the case.

He said he wanted to help them survive yet couldn't even sort the electrics out for them yet they had a friendly with us , used our groundsman, have the same shirt manufacturers,have 2 players on loan from us and an ex player --all which would seem as though he helped but my guess is that would all increase the cost of the ground..use pvfc for nowt add onto value of any costs to nuneaton and come out in personal profit, this is how he seems to work with him, hence all the smoke screens,

May be wrong of course but seemed strange he was willing to let go their management team which seems to be the playing side main asset (and probably cost).

Be interesting to see who made/broke the promises to the current management team for this season,also how did the new owner of the club sought out the previous owner if those at the club didn't know whose hands it was in...

Ultimately this has backfired on norm,, this is closer to home he wants to be the knight in shining armour whilst filling his coffers so its a win win, but all he has done is mess genuine clubs and people about and his reputation is even more widespread and not in a good sense.

ps will be interesting to see how much he cares for them when the current 10yr lease is up

Since the ground and club have been separate entities (but owned but one/two of the same people) no rent has been charged (other than in return for free sponsorship. Smurf has recently announce that "due to current circumstances, he won't charge rent". How long will that last I wonder. I think its £10,000pa which is not too bad investment (4%) on £250,000; particularly as it seems its not the ground owners responsibility to main many things.

Its also believed the ten year lease is a rolling lease.

Rumour (and that is all it is) is that he wanted to Boro-Leisure (current owners) to sell the football club to perhaps a new company making the lease null and void (similar to what happened when Nuneaton went bust in 2008). he could then sub-let to the likes of Coventry City and the Rugby club - Currently the football club seem to be authorised to sub-let.

BOTTOM LINE

No one really knows motives of anyone, and its all a case of 2nd guessing and trying to make sense of it all.

A considered, respectful, dedicated Owner of an already established Football Club would surely NEVER have contemplated entering into ridiculous, pie in the sky dealings like this Nuneaton pantomime, unless personal greed was the only motive.

compared to what has happened at Nuneaton over the last 40 years I think a pantomime would be considered to be a serious, thought invoking play :)

Demoted from Conference National, player strikes, demoted from Conf-North, Skips blocking entrance, Chairman found guilty of assaulting past director, most of ground condemned/closed, directors going to court to determine who owned the club, many instances of points deduction due to admin errors (including a situation that meant play-offs missed.

Archived