onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

They do have a striker that can shoot on goal, however, he is carrying an injury, not training properly and then has to play up front by himself. Another striker that has not heard about passing to another player instead of being greedy and trying to score himself.

Jesus, you really don't like Miller at all do you?

Should he pass more, most certainly he bloody should, but not as much as you continually make out. A striker with a clear site of goal, especially when its easier to shoot than find a pass through 3,4 defenders, will always take the former, more so as nearly all of his chances are self created, and personally I don't have a problem with that. My problem is the sharpness of those shots. But again, when a side creates so little players, all players, will snatch at the crumbs that come their way, and he certainly seems to be doing a lot of that doesn't he, but like Pope they both desperately need a goal. Hell ythe whole team needs some goals.

But the defeat wasn't down to the guys up front, it was down to the lack of mobility and awareness of the midfield, once again really poor defending and for the umpteenth time baly organised and negative tactics from the boss.

I equally can not believe that anyone is questioning Clarke or what he brings to the team, okay the goal came down his side, but the lad has been quite superb since he arrived and to say he cost us the game as some dope suggested is again utter madness.

Lastly even though I accept it will happen more when we are playing badly and confidence dries up, but why oh why are we always slagging our players of, because collectively I bet even the players are surely questioning the way the boss has them playing-if only out of ear shot

Advert

Happy anniversary Aspo.

Two weeks ago you were the best manager in the world.

Welcome back to the Vale?

Have to stick with Aspin but you also have to question :

why so defensive again when playing a poor team.

Why not stay with two up front.

Pope and Miller have not scored recently but as a pair

they at least make the opposition defence work a little.

Grimsby were there to have a go at and not sit back.

Our big problem isnt the front two its the wide men and midfield players never create or score enough goals for us.

I said pre season Pope and Miller needed 40 goals between them to put us in top ten

Now we have 12 games gone they wont do it.

The whole team will do well to score 40 goals between them

There is no creative football played at all

There is no goal threat from anyone

Hannant, Worrall, Whitfield etc etc just cannot create or score the number of goals we need

Without goals we will struggle to get enough points needed

The issue with this defeat is we all knew it was coming as soon as we saw the line-up.

We're back to early season Aspo; baffling changes and a starting 11 with no pace.

The scenes at the end were ugly, not befitting of a professional football manager. We're going to lose against Lincoln, so that will be 3 on the bounce. Incredible how quickly things change.

Noooooooo.......where would my entertainment come from?:doh::wink:
He's like an old fish wife ,gossiping and jumping all over the first thing he doesn't like or agree with,that in itself is mildly entertaining in a cringe worthy way.

What's highly amusing is he thinks his comments and point of view are actually important and respected,but his lack of intelligence and his arrogance Just makes him come across as an absolute dick of the highest order. Which I'm sure he's not in 'real' life.

Go and take some internet forum lessons Micky and stop embarrassing yourself on a daily basis .

Several causes for concern:

1. Negativity away from home

2. Pope isn't fit but we have ZERO other competent strikers

3. Aspin failing to see that a lack of pace is suicidal

4. Complete and utter reliance on a crocked Oyeleke

5. Lincoln up next, who beat us 4-0 in the cup with the reserves out

I've been of the belief that we are mid-table since pre-season, and my opinion hasn't changed at all. However, part of that is down to Aspin's barmy selections and self-destructive tactics. As long as the incumbent owner remains at the club, we've got to bunker down and accept that we are a mid-table League 2 club.

I am surprised that quite a few were shocked we lost! I said at the start of this thread I just could not see anything but a defeat. We are predictable we conceed easily and could not hit a barn door with a bag of gravel. I think its going to be a long hard season again, unless we can keep many fit, it looks as if he is one of those who can not play two games in a week ! If thats the case he needs to be managed.

How long will it take for Aspin to learn that his current away tactic of playing one up front will not win matches.He makes Grimsby seem like Manchester City and sets up not to lose.We have won one game away so it’s obvious his team selection and tactics are not working.

I still think Rawlinson is not a full back and doesn’t link up with his wing back but runs to the half way line and hoofs it up to Pope.

I may get slaughtered for this but I really think our midfield problems could be helped by playing Tonge instead of Kay in midfield.He can put a foot on the ball,tackle and distribute it better.

Certain players like Gibbons and Kanu seem to be made scapegoats for Vales poor form but need to be given a fair chance instead of the usual suspects.

Miller and Whitfield can change games if given the service instead of hoofing it up to Pope who is getting battered by opposing centre half’s.

He's like an old fish wife ,gossiping and jumping all over the first thing he doesn't like or agree with,that in itself is mildly entertaining in a cringe worthy way.

What's highly amusing is he thinks his comments and point of view are actually important and respected,but his lack of intelligence and his arrogance Just makes him come across as an absolute dick of the highest order. Which I'm sure he's not in 'real' life.

Go and take some internet forum lessons Micky and stop embarrassing yourself on a daily basis .

Love you too

Failure to bring in quality players to play the positions we are short of quality added to Aspins negativity will once again leave us looking over our shoulder at relegation out of the league. A bad run like we saw after January will see us go down.

Archived