onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Grimsby Town Tickets

Conrad

Advert

Nothing as of yet has been put on the vale site about it being all ticket. It just has the ticket news from about a week ago saying 19 quid in advance on sale till 5th october untill 2pm and theres a 2 pound increase on the day.

It was on the scoreboard at yesterday’s game.

We're all Vale supporters through thick and thin and your derogatory remarks towards fellow fans( not for the first time)do you no favours.

I go to every Vale game home and away and I didn’t recognise any of those pics of the miscreants in the Sentinel. I have a strong suspicion that a number of them were not Vale fans at all but lads had come along for the aggro. I have no problem at all with genuine Vale supporters. And by genuine Vale fans I mean people who turn up to support the team and have a good time, not lads who turn up purely to be a bloody nuisance to the police and stewards and who drag the name of the club down.

I go to every Vale game home and away and I didn’t recognise any of those pics of the miscreants in the Sentinel. I have a strong suspicion that a number of them were not Vale fans at all but lads had come along for the aggro. I have no problem at all with genuine Vale supporters. And by genuine Vale fans I mean people who turn up to support the team and have a good time, not lads who turn up purely to be a bloody nuisance to the police and stewards and who drag the name of the club down.

Would hit the 'thanks' button 1000 times if I could!

Never ever EVER in my life, have or will I understand those idiots, who only turn up to get a fight going! I don't care if they have a Vale top on, or any other shirt in the entire world.

If your only agenda, is to take the club, its name and its reputation hostage, by being a complete and utter idiot, you really is a sorry excuse of an existence! There must be something wrong with your head and you deserve to be locked up in a mental institution, so you can't put normal humans in danger.

Sorry, but this always gets my blood boiling, as when these neanderthals get their groove on, it always states "Vale fans...", which includes me!

We've got lots of fans who for all sorts of reasons only go to a few games a season. It doesn't make them any less passionate or committed. The small number of lads who responded to Grimsby's provocation had made a great atmosphere throughout the game.

Not all fans follow the ''replica top and club colours'' template that modern football desires, thankfully.

We've got lots of fans who for all sorts of reasons only go to a few games a season. It doesn't make them any less passionate or committed. The small number of lads who responded to Grimsby's provocation had made a great atmosphere throughout the game.

Not all fans follow the ''replica top and club colours'' template that modern football desires, thankfully.

Is it not the case though, that aggro had been planned online prior to the match and some of the Vale fans had been involved in trouble in the town before the game? The evidence suggests that this wasn't just a case of responding to Grimsby provocation.

And just for info, I don't possess a replica top and haven't worn any club colours for donkeys years - unless you count the Fans for Diversity tshirt on Saturday.

Is it not the case though, that aggro had been planned online prior to the match and some of the Vale fans had been involved in trouble in the town before the game? The evidence suggests that this wasn't just a case of responding to Grimsby provocation.

Which begs the question, what exactly is the purpose of these so-called football intelligence police officers? Just how hard is it to keep two small groups of men apart?

Which begs the question, what exactly is the purpose of these so-called football intelligence police officers? Just how hard is it to keep two small groups of men apart?

It was the football intelligence officers who were aware of the possible issues at that game. It was those officers who warned Grimsby and wanted a police presence in the ground which the club refused because of cost. Keeping two small groups of men apart is not easy if you are not actually allowed on private property.

The question is, of course, why should they be needed? Why should Vale have to incur policing costs because of the behaviour and reputation of our fans? Why should the taxpayers of Stoke have to pay to send two police officers to Forest Green for heaven's sake? Do you actually realise the costs consequent on the behaviour of this small minority who equate support with behaving like a bloody idiot?

I have seen fans who create great atmospheres in their grounds without the need to resort to the sort of stuff we saw at Grimsby last season.

It was the football intelligence officers who were aware of the possible issues at that game. It was those officers who warned Grimsby and wanted a police presence in the ground which the club refused because of cost. Keeping two small groups of men apart is not easy if you are not actually allowed on private property.

The question is, of course, why should they be needed? Why should Vale have to incur policing costs because of the behaviour and reputation of our fans? Why should the taxpayers of Stoke have to pay to send two police officers to Forest Green for heaven's sake? Do you actually realise the costs consequent on the behaviour of this small minority who equate support with behaving like a bloody idiot?

I have seen fans who create great atmospheres in their grounds without the need to resort to the sort of stuff we saw at Grimsby last season.

For me football is all about rivalry, and that goes hand-in-hand with very occasional disorder. I don't get involved in any aggro but I'll put my hands up to chanting at opposition fans if they are up for some exchanges. If that makes me someone you'd rather not see at games, so be it.

It would be easy to say that I'm in the minority view on this and that may be true - but I know countless people who feel this way and mourn the passing of how football used to be. It's altogether tamer now and of course no-one wants to see a return to people being scared witles at games. Bu this has come at great cost to the atmosphere, something remarked on frequently by older fans at many clubs.

I also think that the length of banning orders is totally disproportiate to the offence and the effects of the offence - we don't ban people from all pubs for 5 years for fighting in one, so why do we ban football fans for that long? It simply doesn't make sense.

I'll be at Grimsby cheering the lads on, most likely occasionally gesticulating at their hooligans, and hoping we can overcome this injury crisis.

Archived