onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

I particularly reserve a bit pf praise here for Rawlinson who is clearly no right back yet after being almost forced to play there has done so well in doing so. Lets hope when Monty comes back he is not the one who drops to the bench as that would be really harsh.

For me drop smith Clark to right back. Monty Left back.

Smith has bossed it last 2 games

For me, the Grimsby game is just as much of a benchmark game, as Exeter and MK Dons. We seem to have a tendency, of kickstarting teams that have had a bad run for as long as I almost remember. Grimsby have been dire all season, and last season that would mean, we go there and loose. Let's see this season, if we can keep them down there, or take the points and keep up our good run.

I particularly reserve a bit pf praise here for Rawlinson who is clearly no right back yet after being almost forced to play there has done so well in doing so. Lets hope when Monty comes back he is not the one who drops to the bench as that would be really harsh.

For me drop smith Clark to right back. Monty Left back.

Drop Smith, are you taking the ****?????

Oh, and how was Stockley not sent off for the clearest and most deliberate elbow you will ever see, and was even more blatant than the penalty we didn't get, something that continues to frustrate us all.

He did it first half too while ball out of play was blatant from my view in Lorne street

Conlon man of the match by light years. Rawlinson can grow at right back. He is more reliable in passing than others by playing in his competence box. The young pretender gives the ball away much more. Could do with Legge heading it in right direction more consistently but he did well overall. Smith did fine for me today and came through a facial injury. We are starting to look like a joined up drilled team and showed good resilience, spirit and physicality.

Well if Exeter are promotion hopefuls so should we be!! Great team effort again today. This team is beginning to gel although I do think the balance of the side is still not quite right. We play too narrow and are not decisive enough in the final 3rd. For me we played too narrow in the 1st half with both Whitefield and Hannant wanting to come inside.This tactic is ok if your FB overlaps to swing it in but Mitchell Clarke needs to come inside as well. Fair play to Aspo swithced the wings and I thought Hannant was excellent on the right. If Monty can come back from injury and show the form from last season with Mitchell Clarke switching back to RB then I think we have a really strong eleven who should be pushing for the play offs.

Quick word on Miller - he just needs one to go on then I reckon he will go on a scoring streak. He just seems to be snatching at his shots at the moment so needs a little bit of confidence to relax. What I love about him though is he keeps going and getting in the positions anyway which takes a strong mentality.

Really feel we have a proper team this year and I have to be honest I can see a lot of similarities to the team from the promotion season.

Well if Exeter are promotion hopefuls so should we be!! Great team effort again today. This team is beginning to gel although I do think the balance of the side is still not quite right. We play too narrow and are not decisive enough in the final 3rd. For me we played too narrow in the 1st half with both Whitefield and Hannant wanting to come inside.This tactic is ok if your FB overlaps to swing it in but Mitchell Clarke needs to come inside as well. Fair play to Aspo swithced the wings and I thought Hannant was excellent on the right. If Monty can come back from injury and show the form from last season with Mitchell Clarke switching back to RB then I think we have a really strong eleven who should be pushing for the play offs.

Quick word on Miller - he just needs one to go on then I reckon he will go on a scoring streak. He just seems to be snatching at his shots at the moment so needs a little bit of confidence to relax. What I love about him though is he keeps going and getting in the positions anyway which takes a strong mentality.

Really feel we have a proper team this year and I have to be honest I can see a lot of similarities to the team from the promotion season.

Comes from playing two players out wide who would actually be better suited in the middle. But what it has done is made us an incredibly hard team to beat suddenly. If Miller nets one that goes in of his arse and then goes on a run after getting bit of confidence, and Montano can get back to the form he showed at times last season, we'll be flying all of a sudden.

Great team effort today against a solid, strong and well drilled side with a couple of very good players at this level in Laws and Martin. We went to to toe with them throughout and didn't deserve to lose the game.

Archived