onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ray Williams

shian

Why oh why do we have to put up with William's negativity on radio Stoke week in and week out put him out to graze at the Bet 365 cus I reckon he is a closet Stokey. If one of the Stoke commentators was as negative as Williams he'd be removed, I know Pejic can be negative towards Stoke but not all the time, where as Williams never has a good word for the Vale. Just hope he's not on the radio today.

Advert

I don't understand all this grief towards Williams. I think he's correct in a lot of what he says. We aren't very good. We have another poor squad. There are still a lot of problems in the club and not many reasons to be positive. That's the cold hard truth of our situation.

He could have delusional optimism and say we're going to storm the division but then he would look silly when we don't?

I’m going be in the minority here , but Williams is the best of the bunch by far, most of the time he’s negative which reflects what I’m seeing on the pitch, he has good knowledge of opposing players, and sees way before me when opposition have changed formation during a game, just imagine if Williams had said vale had made a mistake letting Barnet go out on loan ,he would of got slaughtered yet this is exactly what Yates said last week before the Northampton game

Why oh why do we have to put up with William's negativity on radio Stoke week in and week out put him out to graze at the Bet 365 cus I reckon he is a closet Stokey. If one of the Stoke commentators was as negative as Williams he'd be removed, I know Pejic can be negative towards Stoke but not all the time, where as Williams never has a good word for the Vale. Just hope he's not on the radio today.

RW isn't on RS every week, certainly not on the match day commentary every week. He says it how he sees it, sometimes praises, sometimes doesn't, I often agree with his opinions, I like his insight into the game and Port Vale FC in general.

We aren't very good. We have another poor squad. There are still a lot of problems in the club and not many reasons to be positive. That's the cold hard truth of our situation.

Bloomin' eck, Vale have a better squad than last season and most probably the season before.

There are many reasons to be positive, Scott Brown, Leon Legge, Manny Oyeleke, Ricky Miller and at least for the rest of the season the young lad Clarke as well as others. Add these guys to good players from last season, The Pontiff, Luke Hannant, Nathan Smith and Gibbons, who will come good again, and there are plenty of reasons to be positive.

Compare this squad and these players with some of the absolute rubbish Vale had two years ago, Tavares, Reggie, Kiko, AdF. Mbamba etc and there's no comparison.

There probably are still problems at the club but IMHO the playing side is moving in the right direction after the debacle of Smurf and Ribeiro during the summer of 2016.

I don't understand all this grief towards Williams. I think he's correct in a lot of what he says. We aren't very good. We have another poor squad. There are still a lot of problems in the club and not many reasons to be positive. That's the cold hard truth of our situation.

He could have delusional optimism and say we're going to storm the division but then he would look silly when we don't?

After the last couple of results don't you think it's a bit silly to say we have a poor squad? As to Ray Williams, if I'd been treated like he has by Abnorm I'd probably lose some objectivity as well.

Ridiculous thread, Ray Williams is of course old school but he says what he sees and must admit most of the time I agree with him. Problem is he played in and remembers good Vale teams which we haven't had for 20 years now and he expects Vale be far better rightly so but we are a poor side now trying to be better.

Archived