Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Brabin leaves..............

Will we see Pugh step up and fill this role... that would be the cheap option.
Might be a good option, not just cheap. I believe he's well respected and has been tipped for coaching? I don't know him though so can't judge if he'd be any good or not.

I have nothing against Gary Brabin and wish him well but I don't know of anything he's done to suggest he'll be too difficult to replace.

Might be a good option, not just cheap. I believe he's well respected and has been tipped for coaching? I don't know him though so can't judge if he'd be any good or not.

I have nothing against Gary Brabin and wish him well but I don't know of anything he's done to suggest he'll be too difficult to replace.

Will miss his aggressive, foul mouthed rants at officials and players! On the touchline he is always animated. Will be very quiet now and maybe we'll see the hard side of Aspin come out?

Will miss his aggressive, foul mouthed rants at officials and players! On the touchline he is always animated. Will be very quiet now and maybe we'll see the hard side of Aspin come out?
I sit in the Railway so I don't get the full entertainment of his Jim Davidson impressions!

In my experience constantly screaming obscenities rarely gets the desired results.

Just gives me a thought; why are there a transfer window for players, but not for managers/coaches?

One could argue, that a manager/coach is a much more important employee, as they lay the course for the whole club. Hence leaving the club he leaves, in dire straits. I'm not saying this is the point with Brabin, but a general observation.

It seems to me that the majority of his contributions on a match day were having a go at the fourth official, linesman and opposition management.

Many posters are saying no great loss,I don't know what those opinions are based on. The players obviously respected him, could be a harder job to find a suitable candidate. Good luck to Brabin at Blackpool.

No great loss I'll think the players will be glad see the back of him bringing someone new in will bring new ideas to push us on

At Tranmere,the supporters hated the style of football he served up, a style, coincidentally or not we have continually replicated, if Aspin can bring in anyone with fresh ideas and who will be allowed to see some of those ideas migrate to the pitch, then possibly it could be a blessing. only time will tell I guess

Yates co-managed the Sneyd !!

On a serious note Brabin highly spoke of by both Yates and Phil Sproson so maybe a bigger loss than people are saying.

Surely despite having a big input you can't level our playing style at his door if Aspin is number one ?

Yes he seems a mouth piece but a lot of clubs have good cop / bad cop combinations