onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton Wanderers

pjg1876

Advert

I know little of the situation at Bolton.

However, it never ceases to amaze me how people (in this case BWFC) borrow money off a third party and then complain about the lenders when they want it back !

Finance and business are a complete mystery to me, but it always seems that all party’s concerned are shady in the utmost. For confirmation of this, we need look no further than our own very doorstep in Burslem.

The former chairman and owner at the Macron Phil Gartside was always applauded for the way he run his club. Then stories of debts of around £100M were banded around.

Chairmen/owners, call them what you like have more often than not edged towards the shadier side of life. But today’s incubants take deception to a completely different level.

Oh for the days of the 60’s when our very own chairman Arthur McPherson was handed a suspended sentence for merely handling stolen goods !

Been trying to follow this. Dean Holdsworth, ex Vale loanee, was one of the consortium who took the club over. He used his company to borrow money in order to buy 38% of the club's shares. Something silly like £4 million with 24% interest.

When Holdsworth left and his company went into liquidation last year, the loan had to be taken over. It's one big tangled mess.

The finances of Bolton have been a pig's ear for years and there's probably loads of clubs in the Championship in a similar state. The so-called rules around financial fair play are bunkum as we all know, if they were properly applied clubs like Bolton would struggle to compete with the likes of us and Accy! In fact their players would have to pay them for the privilege of playing!!

Wasn't it Garside who proposed abolishing promotion to and relegation from the Premiership? You can see why, looking at this mess, which is completely unsustainable. A lesson for all those clubs borrowing beyond their means.

On the specific point of Doidge's transfer, I guess the point will be not whether the loan and subsequent transfer is legally binding but whether Bolton can afford the fee. As things stand, they clearly can't so I reckon he may well be going back to FGR, which may not be good news for us and a few other teams. I wonder if FGR have already borrowed against the money?

Its such a shame to see a grand old club like Bolton (who I have a bit of a soft spot for TBH) be in this much trouble. Oh for the days where local players like lofthouse would come through and play for their local club. I don't know enough about their problems to comment, but really hope that as a club they pull through this.

Archived