onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin Out!

Biddulph_PV

I think we all know that's going to be another long, tough season but was that not expected?

As many have said on here, we need stability and Aspin getting the chop means we're back to square one. Then in a year's time we'll have this same thread and conversation because the new manager won't have built his own squad.

The fact is that we may well just have to settle for survival again this season, get rid of some dead wood and then rebuild the squad in the summer. Players like Tonge, Pugh, Lainton, Davis, Barnett etc must be on decent wages so this can be better spent in the summer (or before then). Hopefully on a left back.

Saturday was promising - we went to a team that are unbeaten in the league and could have taken all 3 points. Saying that, Forest Green also had chances to kill the game off.

I'm not local, so it was the first game I've been to this year but I'm not overly worried. Give Aspin 'til this time next year and -maybe- then talk about him going.

Up until then, I'll be getting to any game I can, cheering the lads on and eventually celebrating an away win.

UTV.

Advert

Aspin has baffled me at times. But we are looking to be improving, if you take the first game of the season out of the equation. There is no point calling for him out at this stage. We've got to give him time. The squad is 10x better than last season, the results will come

End of October 2017 we were wobbling about relegation, this October I expect us to be wobbling about 12/13. Obviously until the 50 point mark no team is safe, but we should be more relaxed maybe looking at a cup match or 2. To me that would be progress, with the rest of the season to look forward to.

I can't see the point of sacking Aspin even though he doesn't enthuse me.

Nothing will change and the new manager will continue to churn out the same old turgid toss that the last three or four have. We must have learned that from getting rid of Page/Bruno/Brown by now, surely?

Changing manager will do as much good as changing the brand of powder we use to wash last year's training kit with.

I think one thing that has been overlooked is the number of injuries that Aspin is getting. Legge, Montano, Pope, Manny, Conlon have all had injuries and whilst there is annoyance at changing constantly we arent getting much luck with injuries week in week out. I think FGR game showed we are competitive and add Legge and Monty to that team would we have come away with 3 points? Very possibly

No doubt we've struggled with a few injuries, centre midfield especially was a problem area, but arguably I think we've thown in some unnecessary changes too. We're getting to that magical ten game mark in the season, we need to quickly be settling on a settling 11 and tactics because after the Crawley game this last 4 league games have been all over the place and we've got very little to show for the tinkering.

Aspin has baffled me at times. But we are looking to be improving, if you take the first game of the season out of the equation. There is no point calling for him out at this stage. We've got to give him time. The squad is 10x better than last season, the results will come
I agree we need some stability, give Aspin time, he is still trying to get the best out of the players, sometimes in positions that some poster on here don't agree with, I'm sure they would find fault with any manager that doesn't get instant success, Neil and his team work with the players all week, I'm sure he chooses team on what he sees, what they do on the pitch is in the players hands, what I've seen up till now the players are working hard for him and I'm sure the results will turn in our favour soon, there is definitely improvement, let's keep together and keep believing, U.T.Vale, roll on Saturday .

I agree we need some stability, give Aspin time, he is still trying to get the best out of the players, sometimes in positions that some poster on here don't agree with, I'm sure they would find fault with any manager that doesn't get instant success, Neil and his team work with the players all week, I'm sure he chooses team on what he sees, what they do on the pitch is in the players hands, what I've seen up till now the players are working hard for him and I'm sure the results will turn in our favour soon, there is definitely improvement, let's keep together and keep believing, U.T.Vale, roll on Saturday .

Exactly. Patience is needed. We look a far, far better squad than last year. Back off Aspo and let him carry on with his job.

Completely agree Smithie lad, but the frustration comes from looking at the squad and knowing we should be doing far, far better.

We look tidy on paper and it really is still early days in the season to be worrying too much.

I'm optimistic that our fortunes are about to change and I hope by Christmas we're cheering a team looking upwards.

Why do people who want Aspin out, want Brabin as our next manager? Because that's who our next manager will be if Aspin goes. Just be careful what you "Aspin out" brigade wish for.

Good call beasty!! Why would you want Aspin out when all that Baby does is pick fights with the opposition dugout.

I don’t know what he brings to the club and me and my 15 year old laugh so hard at Lee nogans warm up for the defence every home game. It’s nearly as bad as that pizza delivery boy Bruno had as a goal keeping coach. That was extra funny. At the friendly at kidsgrove ( not last year but the year before) I thought I had bought tickets to a comedy festival. At least Page had a backroom staff. Brown had jobs for the boys and Aspin has been hoodwinked. Even McCarty had the realisation to get out.

It’s not the manager, it’s his side kicks.

Look at Craig Morgan, the stokie kelly and that god awful ginger bearded Smith. Hopeless!

Maybe some of the “massive” budget we had should have gone on backroom staff to make the bloody hopeless signings into decent players!

I wonder if Aspo is reluctant to do too well to avoid Norman selling our best players in January in his stupid short sighted greedy way

Now Zebra we have never crossed swords, but that statement is ridiculous!

Way , even a crap owner , would throw his league status away?

If he does I’ll be the first to burn his holiday home down.

He will loose so much revenue it would be scandalous, even if he wanted to sell the ground for real estate. I’m sorry but I was brought up in burslem (bottom of scotia road) and opened my curtains every morning to the Mecca of free following football that was vale park. Who wants to live there? Why? and what for? No inforstructure, no expansion, no business links. It’s a backwater.

The man would be very short sighted.

He needs to invest in a backroom team and not an old boys club.

Completely agree Smithie lad, but the frustration comes from looking at the squad and knowing we should be doing far, far better.

But should we ?

From Saturday’s starting 11 we had -

4 only Experienced league players in Brown, Worrell, Joyce & Pope.

3 non league players in Rawlinson, Hannant, Oyeleke

1 higher league rookie in Clark

3 somewhere in between’s in Whitfield, Smith & Conlon.

Looking at it in those terms, to me it looks like a team who should be where we are.

Only 4 experienced players !

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. :sad:

Archived