onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Hagrid and TylerB, give us a break. TylerB at least 16 comments since the match started and all derogatory. Hagrid, at least 23 comments and 16 or more of those derogatory. Change the record. Yes you can have your freedom of speech but I don't have to read it. Whats the point of saying the same thing again and again ?

Put them on ignore. That's what I do.

Wake up yourself you obviously are a total idiot, the point is FGR have money to burn, Norm compared to FGR's owner is poor in monetary worth, the FGR owner spends tons of money on FGR, Norm is much more frugal.

FGR's chairman is a fan. Our Norm isn't. Big difference.

Frustrated again - another questionable team with a slow start and improvement in 2nd half. This could be said for a large number of games Aspin has managed since he's been at the club.The difference this season is we can't say its not his players.

Good point in the end today but with the players we have in our squad still think we should be better. Can't really see how we are going to get 3 points over the next four games unless we have a team with the right personnel and system, motivated from the first whistle.

Miller and pope have started all league games bar the last 2. People were moaning. It wasn't working. From the bench in the last 2, miller has done more in 50 minutes than he has done in any game he's started bar the first. People are moaning that he hasn't started. Love being a vale fan me.....

Hmmmm he looked pretty good in the 1st game

Take a point, only because we went behind though.

Sick of us starting slow and it taking 45 minutes for us to get in the game. That said, it was Miller that changed the game and injected some life into an overall flat performance. Still don’t think Aspin is going to be the man. I genuinely don’t think the players are buying into whatever it is he’s trying to sell them. He’s also boring as hell; he's completely devoid of any passion/enthusiasm.

Brown was solid, again. Made 2 or 3 decent saves.

Smith looks lost and twice nearly have a goal away. Rawlinson was alright. Clark had an okay game but I wish he wouldn’t always launch long balls forward especially when he’s good with the ball at his feet. Hannant played okay given he was playing out of position.

Worrall looked better at the start of the second half but I don’t know what’s happened to him. Joyce had a steady game, played some decent balls forward. Oyeleke was probably our best player, particularly in the first half. He looks like h wants the ball and always wants to try and get a move going. Conlon was quite anonymous.

Whitfield put himself about a bit and made some good runs, it must be frustrating to have the defence just lump long balls to you when you’re 5ft 7 and up against a 6ft 3 centre back. Pope looked frustrated today. He’s not getting any sort of service. Great penalty again. Miller came on and changed the game with his positivity and energy.

Watched the game on ifollow today - I thought we were lucky to get a point. How aspin thinks we deserved all 3 I’ll never know. Other than the penalty, when did we test their goal keeper??

The biggest issue with the team is the work rate without the ball, especially when when we are defending the opposition, we allow the ball to enter the final 3rd very much unopposed. I witnessed Whitfield down the left handside marking shadows and blades of grass meanwhile the FG players were just passing it around down their right to get a cross in.

When the ball is 25-30 yards from our goal, players jogging even walking to close the ball down, it simply is not good enough!!!!!

This team without a significant kick up the backside and a double dose of desire are absolutely destined for a relegation fight!

I don’t understand how Aspin is prepared or de-briefing from games, if you read this and then watch the next game, have a look st the teams desire to defend without the ball - that include the midfield players as well, we are woeful, seriously woeful and Aspin wonders why we can’t win.....

Why are they not seeing this and making the players work harder?!?!

Pathetic - yes we’ve got a point today, but the concentration, aggression and play without the ball has to improve 10 fold.

Some might say this is an over reaction, but those that know and see football with know what I mean.

Watched the game on ifollow today - I thought we were lucky to get a point. How aspin thinks we deserved all 3 I’ll never know. Other than the penalty, when did we test their goal keeper??

The biggest issue with the team is the work rate without the ball, especially when when we are defending the opposition, we allow the ball to enter the final 3rd very much unopposed. I witnessed Whitfield down the left handside marking shadows and blades of grass meanwhile the FG players were just passing it around down their right to get a cross in.

When the ball is 25-30 yards from our goal, players jogging even walking to close the ball down, it simply is not good enough!!!!!

This team without a significant kick up the backside and a double dose of desire are absolutely destined for a relegation fight!

I don’t understand how Aspin is prepared or de-briefing from games, if you read this and then watch the next game, have a look st the teams desire to defend without the ball - that include the midfield players as well, we are woeful, seriously woeful and Aspin wonders why we can’t win.....

Pathetic - yes we’ve got a point today, but the concentration, aggression and play without the ball has to improve 10 fold.

Some might say this is an over reaction, but those that know and see football with know what I mean.

Great post from someone who actually analyses a game by sounds of it very much my view too, unfortunately I don't think Aspin commands enough respect to be able give them a kick up the backside that's why I still maintain we need a new manager.

Norman is worth £80m+.

The club recouped £2.4m since January 2017.

You are talking absolute drivel. WAKE UP.

Who says that our owner is worth £80 million? The owner himself? Oh right it must be true then!

Personally I don't care what he says because as our owner he is worth zilch in my book.

Maybe the players simply don't believe in the team selection, the tactics and what they are (or aren't) being asked to do. The thing that keeps coming back to me is that Aspo came over to the fans after the Cambridge game away (I was there) and promised that things would be different this season. They manifestly are NOT, the worst offences being simply lumping the ball up to Pope instead of attacking on the flanks and getting balls over to him, and not playing to feet. I really want Aspo to succeed but I am slowly but surely becoming disillusioned. It has to change soon or he will be on thin ice - and we will be struggling again in the last chance saloon.

Archived