onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfs latest investment?

melv

Advert

Yes Melv, nice to know that Smurfthwaite had the community project at heart and was not interested whatsoever in developing a prime town centre building into apartments for personal gain.

What a caring and compassionate owner we have.

Also, how benevolent of him it was to look into the possibility of building apartments at Vale Park for on loan players use and never consider the possibility of selling these privately on land he owned should he ever sell the club.

How lucky we are to have such a caring community spirited individual.

He even bought Nuneatons ground to help them out financially you know.

But I don’t think he likes to talk about these things. He’s just a community spirited guy.

By the way, did anyone else just hear that duck fart ?

Why won't he just invest in the squad?! Does he not realise that by getting the best players possible on the pitch will generate better performances, more goals, more wins, higher crowds, more merchandise sold, more revenue, ability to sell players for profit etc etc. Get a winning team on the pitch and everything else snowballs and takes care of itself.

Come on man! Use some common sense instead of buying buildings and other teams grounds!!

Why won't he just invest in the squad?! Does he not realise that by getting the best players possible on the pitch will generate better performances, more goals, more wins, higher crowds, more merchandise sold, more revenue, ability to sell players for profit etc etc. Get a winning team on the pitch and everything else snowballs and takes care of itself.

Come on man! Use some common sense instead of buying buildings and other teams grounds!!

Port vale is just cudos to him,a portfolio addition, be it a loss making one.He will never invest in the club at the level required because he knows he will never realise a return, unless he sells.Hes not a football chairman in the true sense,he was duped and caught up in the too good pass up moment,during our administration woes.Our club will never prosper until he had gone.

Port vale is just cudos to him,a portfolio addition, be it a loss making one.He will never invest in the club at the level required because he knows he will never realise a return, unless he sells.Hes not a football chairman in the true sense,he was duped and caught up in the too good pass up moment,during our administration woes.Our club will never prosper until he had gone.

Sums him up perfectly!

To be fair to Norman, it had been a busy week for him.

The auction was on the Thursday and if he hadn't arranged the Nuneaton friendly for the Wednesday night, perhaps he would have had a bit more time to focus on the auction itself.

https://www.pugh-auctions.com/property/6987

We have a big enough squad to cope with 2 events on consequetive nights. Oh sorry Santa wrong thread :wink:

I might be completely off track here but don't the Port Vale foundation trust own some building at Vale park which Smurthwaite cant touch and could be stumbling block if he wanted to develop the ground for other uses. Is this some backhand way of trying to remove them from this building? As I ay I may be way off the mark but nothing would surprise me with him.

I might be completely off track here but don't the Port Vale foundation trust own some building at Vale park which Smurthwaite cant touch and could be stumbling block if he wanted to develop the ground for other uses. Is this some backhand way of trying to remove them from this building? As I ay I may be way off the mark but nothing would surprise me with him.
Possibly tenants, I am sure there must be a few on here who can clarify the position of the PV Foundation Trust re the accommodation they use at VP.

Archived