onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cricket - England v India series

robf

British Justice ?

It’s incredible how he can be found not guilty of at least affray. What more did he have to do to get the thumbs down ?

What was said between the two waring parties is open to conjecture. What is beyond dispute however is that Stokes knocks at least one bloke senseless and then carries on attacking him on the floor ! How is that self defence ?

British justice in my eyes reached a new low today.

As always in this country money does the talking. And the defence council presumably talked extremely well for the no doubt astronomical fee.

Oh, and the fact that Stokes is an alleged sporting icon may have helped.

Not that I’m cynical of course. :angry:

So if someone swings a glass bottle around at yourself, a family member or a friend, you're not going to react? Behave. Both guys can consider themselves fortunate that it wasn't inserted up their backsides.

Advert

If only all sportsman could behave with the discipline that footballers show!

Most modern day footballers would have a problem swinging a handbag let alone a punch! How many do we see rolling over and over as if they'd been poleaxed when all that they've received is a 'tickle' in the ribcage? If anyone else is able to remember Norman Hunter, Tommy Smith, Archie Gemmel, Jack Charlton etc., if they were playing today, what would the odds be on these guys being given a red card every other game?!

So if someone swings a glass bottle around at yourself, a family member or a friend, you're not going to react? Behave. Both guys can consider themselves fortunate that it wasn't inserted up their backsides.

React yes, wade in with fists and knock the guy senseless, really?

From afar and from the way it was reported in the press, complete with partial CCTV footage, it certainly looked damning to say the least but I suppose it shows us how careful we need to be when we're not in full knowledge of the facts. And I imagine if someone pokes a broken bottle at you adrenaline kicks in and it's kill or be killed. But it seems amazing that he's got off this quickly and easily.

Next sportsman on the grid I see is Cipriani! When will they ever learn? (Peter, Paul & Mary, 1962. Blimey, I feel old).

Now the RFU are “after” Cipriani he’s probably leaving on a jet plane as we speak !

Is my coat next to yours Sage !

Anyone else feel very sorry for Curran? I thought he'd done enough to keep his place and being a left armer gave us a bit of variety, though he's another seam bowler of course. I think Stokes is lucky to come straight back in but Woakes' hundred has muddied the waters. I'm not happy with the decision. It's not cricket!

Anyone else feel very sorry for Curran? I thought he'd done enough to keep his place and being a left armer gave us a bit of variety, though he's another seam bowler of course. I think Stokes is lucky to come straight back in but Woakes' hundred has muddied the waters. I'm not happy with the decision. It's not cricket!

He was definitely unlucky but Stokes is far too good to leave out regardless. It would be like Danny Welbeck scoring a double and then him keeping his place over a returning Harry Kane. It was never going to happen.

We are definitely living to regret that drop by Malan in the first test when Kohli was on 21. Had he taken that Phil would have been convinced again that he couldn’t play Jimmy Anderson with a swinging ball in England. He’s murdered us since then despite the results.

• 2 weeks later...

Superb win by England yesterday, Difficult to play any bowling on a pitch like that, makes for great entertainm,ent though.

Sad to hear Alistair Cooke is set to retire from International cricket after the final test of this series but I guess father time catches up with us all. Fantastic batsman, great technique, superb slip catcher and top guy to boot.

Superb win by England yesterday, Difficult to play any bowling on a pitch like that, makes for great entertainm,ent though.

Sad to hear Alistair Cooke is set to retire from International cricket after the final test of this series but I guess father time catches up with us all. Fantastic batsman, great technique, superb slip catcher and top guy to boot.

Well said, Paul.

Cookie has been a wonderful servant for us - one of the very best. How we'll replace him I do not know. The cupboard is bare.

But hasn't it been good to see test matches played on wickets that have given the bowlers a chance? I was getting fed up watching games where both teams scored 450-500 and it was a boring draw. More of the same please - an equal contest between bat and ball.

Kohli is class but a sour miserable sod so I'm glad he lost.

Well said, Paul.

Cookie has been a wonderful servant for us - one of the very best. How we'll replace him I do not know. The cupboard is bare.

But hasn't it been good to see test matches played on wickets that have given the bowlers a chance? I was getting fed up watching games where both teams scored 450-500 and it was a boring draw. More of the same please - an equal contest between bat and ball.

Cook is one of the greats. He deserves all the plaudits he gets. He is also lovely to look at!!

Well said, Paul.

He is always very graceful in defeat though.

Archived