onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club Shop

Jacko51

Advert

Have you tried entering your user name and password?

yes and I tick the box to remember that normally works same today page opens and asks me to sign in but even when I sign in it goes back to sign in and password.

I see from having a quick glance at the shop website that there’s no BLK training wear on the site. It’s all last seasons Errea gear.

The website is absolute **** who runs these things? Aren’t they supposed to be updated? To try and actually sell things

I asked the same a few months back. 95% of the items in the actual store, isn't on the shop site. It's ugly, poorly structured and actually puts you off, wanting to search the site for ages, trying to see if you can find an item. As you say, I too wondered, if we only have it because we have to? As nobody seems to be updating it or putting any care into it.

I would even offer to work on it for free...

The club shop website was originally revamped under the initiatives of the Paul Wildes era. It looked great and like many of the ideas he put forward, seemed to make a big difference to how the club functioned.

The solo Smurf stewardship has been one of avoidance and buck passing with the top not taking responsibility so no one else will.

Has anyone been having problems buying online from the club shop? A friend of mine has been having difficulties and was just wondering if this is a problem or something he’s doing wrong.

What’s the stock like in the club shop?Season tickets ready for collection tomorrow (25/7/18) An increased footfall going into the shop over the next week or so.A great chance to sell more (depending if there is goods available to buy)

I’ve had a lot of contact with people as regards the club shop. Andy Burgess is a great guy, but from years of experience myself, you can’t run a physical retail location and an e-commerce site. There needs to be someone who regularly updates the site and deals with sending stuff out, emails and also, dare I say this? Marketing.

The shop is okay. It costs a lot to build one and its professionally done (I’ve had interaction with the owner of the company that built it and updates the basics). It just needs someone who can work the “back office”, load photos, type in descriptions, etc. It’s basic stuff. But it needs someone on site and on the payroll.

Hate to disagree with you Tone but as someone who has built, maintained and ran websites alongside physical retail outlets I must say that your statements above are incorrect.

As a one man band I ran a retail store in Manchester alongside an Ecom website and did all marketing (facebook ads, social media posting and email pushouts) The website cost me less than £100 to build and cost £30 a month to run.

I would happily talk to the club about this should they be interested. I do agree that employing someone to maintain a website even part time would be most ideal however not neccesary. There is without doubt more money to be made on the webstore than we are currently and the costs of setting up would be outweighed in the first month.

If anyone from the club does read this and wants to talk, my linked in profile is https://www.linkedin.com/in/emilekulis/

Archived