onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread Nuneaton B v Port Vale

Fosse69

No sign of Joe Davis maybe he has an offer to play for another club.Strange as we didn’t have enough subs to fill the bench.

You've got to guess news on his departure might be pending. Shame as he had real potential first time around. Never quite found a true position, lacked a bit of pace or 2 or 3 inches of height to play centrehalf. As a young player I thought he might have a future as a defensive midfield player, but I suspect conference is the best he can hope for at the moment. If he doesn't leave this week you'd have to question his attitude a little as Aspin was happy to give Barnett a run out.

Aspin may have a big call to make on deadline day over whether to try and reintegrate players in to the squad or just let one or the other see out there contract. The fact Barnett has turned up and played out of position when asked may be in his favour.

Advert

How many players played in the 2 games then?

Looks like the 600 page thread berating Smurf was way over the top.

90% of that was you and the acolytes swarming to decry how farcical it all was.

Have a day off Regal. There's more to life than this.

"Nuneaton Borough F.C.

‏ @NuneatonBoroFC

Jul 18

For those that are wondering, we're assured that @OfficialPVFC are sending their first team to play at Liberty Way this evening... bring it on!"

I wonder who told them that!!

How many players played in the 2 games then?

Looks like the 600 page thread berating Smurf was way over the top.

I see we only had 9 of our own players playing and one of them is on the transfer list. The rest were triallists. Sound prep for the new season.

I see we only had 9 of our own players playing and one of them is on the transfer list. The rest were triallists. Sound prep for the new season.

Injuries and players playing the previous night meant theres little to take from this game really other than having a look at some triallists.

Halifax is the game they would have got the most from because of the team we put out and the formation.

I hope the knock on of these 2 games so close doesn't affect the preparation and formation for the Blackpool game coming up. Because that and the Shrewsbury game are really important now as the formation is fine tuned. I doubt the Newcastle game will be used as a pointer because of the game the day before and maybe the Tuesday game with Wolves is too close to the season opener to risk too many players in.

Trialists in a non league pre season game?!?!

Disgusting from Smurf yet again. I bet he's told Aspin to give trials to players because it's the cheap option. I bet he called them kids or boys as well.

Smurf out.

90% of that was you and the acolytes swarming to decry how farcical it all was.

Have a day off Regal. There's more to life than this.

This is what you just don't get. There are no smurf acolytes.

There's only reasonable logical people and biased angry people.

I wish I could have a day off. I just can't help calling out stupid over the top crowbarred criticism when there is nothing there to criticize.

Not overly interested in getting into any sort of pro anti Norman conversation. However it looks to me that the Nuneaton thing could be a shrewd move. He buys the ground and they effectively become our feeder club. We get to send kids, up and coming players there to get men's first team football where we know they will be guaranteed minutes. It also appears that some of the trailists last night were being watched by Vale, not Nuneaton, even of they didn't turn out for Vale. How beneficial will it be for players on the fringes to go there and play week in week out.

Probably 6 of those players aren't going to get significant game time until Newcastle Town as you'd think we'll get closer and closer to the preferred line up over the next 3 games. So for those players it probably was a useful exercise.

I generally tune out to OVF now apart from when I'm working in countries where I can't get Twitter as its blocked, because I have no strong opinion on Smurthwaite and I've watched and listened to a minority of fans continually bang on about Vale chairmen for 45 years. We all had a chance to have a say in running the club and the majority never stumped up any cash. If they had Bratt could have been voted out at any point. I dislike the way every footballing related thread ends up becoming the same people trying to twist everything to have a dig at the chairman. I'd far rather have threads which were football related and have a seperate section, which I can ignore, where people can obsess away about all things they want to blame Smurthwaite for. Some are valid in my opinion, although not worth getting worked up over and some eg Calveley and Dior loan moves were clearly in the club's and both players long-term interest. When Smurtwaite goes, which I'm sure he will some day as all chairmen do, there will be the same complaints going on about the new guy. That's the biggest thing I've learnt over 45 years watching The Vale.

Not overly interested in getting into any sort of pro anti Norman conversation. However it looks to me that the Nuneaton thing could be a shrewd move. He buys the ground and they effectively become our feeder club. We get to send kids, up and coming players there to get men's first team football where we know they will be guaranteed minutes. It also appears that some of the trailists last night were being watched by Vale, not Nuneaton, even of they didn't turn out for Vale. How beneficial will it be for players on the fringes to go there and play week in week out.
That's if the FL allow it. They still haven't allowed Angus or Calverly to join them yet.

Archived