onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Checkatrade Trophy draw

Jacko51

Advert

Reading the Sentinel article the draw is not actually a draw but an allocation of teams nearest to each other except for teams which they have decided to keep separate! Seriously what is the point of this competition any longer? Oh yes money. Absolute joke of a competition.

Yes Geo's I can multitask !!

My sarcasm sums up my apathy, not content with ruining the competition with under 23 sides the actual draw itself is now contrived / fixed .

Joke of a competition, if only Lincoln hadn't spoilt it by beating Chelsea there would of been about 3000 at Wembley for last seasons final, then it may of been scrapped or restored to it's rightful place as a chance for L1 and L2 sides to have their moment in the spotlight.

Reading the Sentinel article the draw is not actually a draw but an allocation of teams nearest to each other except for teams which they have decided to keep separate! Seriously what is the point of this competition any longer? Oh yes money. Absolute joke of a competition.

A waste of time competition.Not worth bothering with.Will keep my money to myself just as I did last time.

Yes Geo's I can multitask !!

My sarcasm sums up my apathy, not content with ruining the competition with under 23 sides the actual draw itself is now contrived / fixed .

Joke of a competition, if only Lincoln hadn't spoilt it by beating Chelsea there would of been about 3000 at Wembley for last seasons final, then it may of been scrapped or restored to it's rightful place as a chance for L1 and L2 sides to have their moment in the spotlight.

I think watchig you paint with eyebrows is far more entertaining

Half Man Half Biscuit have released a song entitled "Swerving the Checkatrade" on their new album containing the lyrics:

I’ve weighed up all the pros and cons

Of watching under-21s

Swerving the Checkatrade with you

Oh let me gaze upon your curves

Instead of Ipswich Town reserves

Swerving the Checkatrade with you

The competition, whilst giving out generous lumps of money, is a joke. I understand why football clubs agree to it but for the fans it's downright disrespectful. What am I saying? Football isn't for the fans...

I have not been to one of these games for 2 years and I don't intend to start now. I'd actually quite like to see an u21 side win it, just to show what a farce it is.

I think the powers that be at the Prem and EFL thought we'd fall in love with the new format, paving the way for acceptance of Prem reserve/youth sides in L1 & 2. Guess what, it hasn't worked chaps, so it's time to cut your losses, abandon the scheme and restore the Football League Trophy to what it was intended to be.

Reading the Sentinel article the draw is not actually a draw but an allocation of teams nearest to each other except for teams which they have decided to keep separate!

Glad we have another team that is close by - Middlesbrough ! This competition is just one big joke.

What have Coventry done to upset the Checkatrade organisers ?

Obviously no draw takes place at all for the EFL teams as the three nearest sides in proximity are in the same group.

Yet Smurfthwaite’s team get Cheltenham & Forest Green !

Someone should send the EFL a road map. Better still, send them Smurfthwaite. Preferably in a parcel marked “don’t handle with care”

Archived