onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

OVF crashed this weekend

robf

Both OVF's databases (there's one for the forum and one for the blog) crashed this weekend but I was offline and didn't know.

I have now restored order thanks to back-ups.

However, as they are back-ups some forum posts may have been lost and I had to re-publish a blog post.

This is what will happen with the old site as the size of OVF is now rather massive. I've been on Wordpress for about ten years and there's about 6,000 blog posts so file corruption and things breaking will happen.

Luckily I have back-ups every 24 hours and that solved the issue. But the cost of regular back-ups is yet another expense for this site (and will explain why I continue to have adverts and ask for donations to cover these sorts of costs).

Anyhow, all is hopefully well again. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers,

Rob

Advert

Hi rob comes up in my search box Not secure https://www.onevalefan .co.uk /forums/showthread.php?35322-ovf-crashed-this-weekend&p=817373#post817373 (does this mean any thing to you have not seen anyone else post about this.)have the not secure message all the time when I look at ovf site on my laptop. regards RSB

Hi rob comes up in my search box Not secure https://www.onevalefan .co.uk /forums/showthread.php?35322-ovf-crashed-this-weekend&p=817373#post817373 (does this mean any thing to you have not seen anyone else post about this.)have the not secure message all the time when I look at ovf site on my laptop. regards RSB

The not secure simply means my https certificate isn't set up properly. It is something I need to take up with my hosting company as in mid-July the "not secure" message will appear more frequently. Thanks for the reminder.

• 1 month later...
Hi Rob,having problems with my iPad and iPhone seeing fourums on My app,it’s been like this for a few days,don’t have problems any where else except on OVF.

Am on here now by clicking one of your links

Yep, there is a problem with the app. It has been reported to the people who support it not something I can fix).

In the meantime, you can access OVF via your mobile browser. Just type in onevalefan.co.uk to your browser on your phone.

Thanks for your patience while I wait for customer services to reply.

Yep, there is a problem with the app. It has been reported to the people who support it not something I can fix).

In the meantime, you can access OVF via your mobile browser. Just type in onevalefan.co.uk to your browser on your phone.

Thanks for your patience while I wait for customer services to reply.

Rob, does this glitch also apply to TapaTalk as well? Thanks

Rob, does this glitch also apply to TapaTalk as well? Thanks

Yes, There are two versions - the OVF app itself (powered by Tapatalk) and the standard Tapatalk app.

I have raised a ticket but they are VERY slow to respond.

Until I can resolve why it isn't connecting then sadly the app isn't much use to anyone... :sad:

Hi Rob, just tried to use the paypal link to make a donation for your hard work and no link appears

Sorry about that - the page template has broken. It now points to the correct page which is:

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/make-a-donation-to-ovf/

Any donations very gratefully received at the moment. Thank to everyone who supports this site :smile:

Archived