Sign in to follow this  
RailwayRowdy

Favourite film one liners

Just been watching my favourite film (yet again) of all time - Kes. Has there been a better British film ?

Anyway, I love the line when the teacher is reading out the register. “Fisher” and young Billy Casper (can’t help but think of the old American golfer) calls out “German Bight”.

Classic !

What is your favourite film one liner and why ? :smile:

There are loads of great one liners but one of my favourites is from The Blues Brothers,

Elwood Blues, "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Backed up by the response from Jake, "Hit it!"

In a Laurel & Hardy film the phone rings and is answered by Stan. “It sure is” he says and puts the phone down.

Ollie enquires who it was. Stan says “a woman saying it’s a long distance from New York” to which Ollie replies “I wish there was some way to stop those practical jokers”

• Like 1

Funnily enough I was about to quote Laurel and Hardy and the famous line about another fine mess...

But instead I'll go for "there's no place like home" from the wonderful Wizard of Oz. Why? Because it's 100% true.

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk"

"You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue."

"Are you the farmer? We've gone on holiday by mistake"

"We want the finest wines available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!"

[prods table]

"Balls!"

"Shouldn't it be more bald than that?"