Hannant, Joyce, and Oyeleke all seem to be good options for the centre.

Sign Waters, some forwards (greedy to want both of Posh's boys) and we are cooking on gas.

Have seen our new man play against Tranmere when I watched a playoff game in 2017. Remember Aldershot gave a good account of themselves at Prenton Park. But don't remember more than that. My ventures to Prenton Park generally happen once or twice a year these days but looking forward to supporting Vale there again in 2018/19.

More from a Shots fans:

“Great signing for you. Player of the season for us last season, gutted that he left as he’s the sort of player you build your team around. Played just in front of the back 4, good on the ball and strong, should do well in L2.”

Can’t help but think that we will be playing a 4-2-3-1 style formation with 2 holding players (Oyeleke and Joyce). That would be a huge improvement on last season already.

He is a gamble because he has no track record in the league.

Welcome to Vale Park, hope you get to prove the doubters wrong and grab this chance to play at a higher level with the Vale as Aspin and crew build a promotion winning team.

More from a Shots fans:

“Great signing for you. Player of the season for us last season, gutted that he left as he’s the sort of player you build your team around. Played just in front of the back 4, good on the ball and strong, should do well in L2.”

Can’t help but think that we will be playing a 4-2-3-1 style formation with 2 holding players (Oyeleke and Joyce). That would be a huge improvement on last season already.

My 4 year old nephew and a guide dog would be a huge improvement on the golden girls of last seasons midfield, to be honest :laugh:

I'm just very very happy, bordeline ecstatic, the Aspins signings so far suggest, that Pugh and the silver fox will be nowhere near the starting 11 next season, let's go for nowhere near the match day squad next! :yes:

Edited by Danish Valiant

Welcome Manny. There is mostly a good response on this thread to him signing, but there are some under whelming comments. We have just signed the player of the season from a club that is 8 places (just 8 places) below us in the pyramid. We got him for free on a 12 month contract. He has had a good football education as a young player. We have scouted him extensively. I have absolutely no doubt a number of other clubs were in for him, which is why he chose not to sign again at Aldershot. This looks like a good signing to me. No signing is guaranteed to be an instant success. Our midfield of Manny and the two Lukes, along with good experienced professionals who have the footballing brain if not the legs looks pretty decent.

Manny, like Brendon Daniels has much to prove, Port Vale is his opportunity to do so. Ian Taylor was 24 when we signed him, so I am not concerned that Manny is 25.

I wish Manny well and hope that Port Vale meet his aspirations and he meets ours.

Excellent and well-reasoned post showing the perspective that so many of our posters lack!

More from a Shots fans:

So that would be something like:

Brown

Gibbons Legge Smith/Rawlinson Montano

Oyeleke Joyce

Worrall Waters (if he signs) Hannant

Pope

Not bad compared to last season then!

More from a Shots fans:

I'm sure that's how we'll be playing, particularly with fullbacks who like to get forward. We need someone as cover for Pope, which won't be easy to attract as a fully fit Pope will always start. I think this guy is a probable starter as opposed to the other 2 non league players who will be essentially squad players. Speaks very well, seems very well balanced.

He is a gamble because he has no track record in the league.

The way I read it RZ is one of a young man wanting the opportunity to test his personal and professional aspirations at the higher levels of game.

'Manny's CV includes 'Club, team and supporter accolades which indicates to me he is driven to achieving the very best from his football skills, knowledge and experience.

A gamble? Who knows!? History will reveal the answer to that question.

In the meantime I'm super happy Neil and Sir John are signing players who want success both personally and in football.

Will 'Manny be one such signing? I hope so.

Welcome 'Manny :yes:

Welcome and good luck,

all signings are a gamble and understand both sides of the points being made ,as always its what hey do in a vale shirt

yes non league and is unproven at league level so is an unknown at this level and more of a gamble perhaps than someone who has been there done it in their prime.

He will be a massive improvement and great addition to last years squad hopefully first team regular

1 year contract suggest he has a lot to prove which is a double edge sword as if he does well I hope we can afford to keep him likewise if it doesn't work out the contract length is ideal , hopefully we can react with an improved contract in dec/jan should all go well

Same for Daniels who is on a 6months deal I think

see this year as clearing the decks and the start of rebuilding and would expect to be around mid table (be great for anything more) as we have improved at the back and midfield with players who can go the distance just need more goals which i'm sure the management team are working on

good times and trust neil and backroom team but patience is needed as we again rebuild.

Just watched him playing for the Shots in six games on YouTube and he'll do for me.Get's up and down the pitch,retains the ball well and has got a goal in him.

Welcome to the Vale Emmy.

So that would be something like:

Brown

Gibbons Legge Smith/Rawlinson Montano

Oyeleke Joyce

Worrall Waters (if he signs) Hannant

Pope

Not bad compared to last season then!

Thanks. This actually fills me with joy!

I know it's only on paper yet, but looks sooo much better than we've been putting up with for the past two years.