onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Champions League final

robf

Advert

I can't understand these anti-Liverpool sentiments on here, tongue in cheek though they may be. An English club v the Spanish money bags...mmmm .. that's tough choice.

Liverpool did ok but Salah's injury was a body blow for them and no-one can legislate for two goalkeeping errors like that. One was bad enough but two? You have to feel for the lad. He'll never, ever get over that. A real shame.

But what a goal by Bale. Worthy of winning any tournament.

Liverpool have a very good, but not outstanding first XI. They need to strengthen at the back and in midfield - as well as getting in another striker. Their bench is weak. But it was a valiant effort. No shame in that.

I can't understand these anti-Liverpool sentiments on here, tongue in cheek though they may be. An English club v the Spanish money bags...mmmm .. that's tough choice.

Liverpool did ok but Salah's injury was a body blow for them and no-one can legislate for two goalkeeping errors like that. One was bad enough but two? You have to feel for the lad. He'll never, ever get over that. A real shame.

But what a goal by Bale. Worthy of winning any tournament.

Liverpool have a very good, but not outstanding first XI. They need to strengthen at the back and in midfield - as well as getting in another striker. Their bench is weak. But it was a valiant effort. No shame in that.

I think since Van Dijk joined Liverpool's defense has clearly improved, though obviously they still need a top goalkeeper. Someone like Jack Butland isn't the answer as he's not that much of an improvement on Karius. If Liverool want to win finals and challenge City then they should go all out to buy someone like Oblak from Atletico, who may want a new challenge and has expressed his desire to play in the Premier League one day in the past. Seems like they've as good as done a deal already for Nabil Fekir who is a very good player and would be a proper replacement for Coutinho in that he would bring some much needed creativeness to the side. Add the signing of Keita to that and a couple more very good players and Liverpool should do well next season and perhaps go one step further.

With Salah on the pitch for 90 minutes this game could, and it's only a could, have been very different. In the end Madrid were deserved winners, but it took two huge goalkeeping errors and an absolute wonder strike to beat Liverpool, otherwise there wasn't an awful lot in it, baring in mind that Real Madrid were always going to dominate possession against ultimately a counter-attacking team.

You’ve said it Tylerla,my kopite bro-in -law bricks it every time Lovren gets the ball.2 goalkeepers,1 centre half,3 midfielders should be on Klopp’s shopping list and hope Salah doesn’t leave.You may sneak into third place in the Premiership with those additions.:wink:

With the addition already of Keita Liverpool certainly don't need three midfielders. If Can goes they'll need a replacement for him, otherwise Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner looks fair enough to myself. Another forward is a must as the gap between Firmino, who isn't an out and out striker anyway, and Solanke/Ings is pretty huge. In an ideal world Ings would be a 4th choice player and Solanke loaned out to play first-team football every week.

The Madrid captain was the deciding factor. First of all he got rid of Salah in a manner that I'm not sure whether it was deliberate or not? Then he spent the rest of the game upsetting Mane with constant play acting which ended with Mane getting booked for doing nothing. They say that he is a great player but for me he is a cheating, play acting whimp.

The Madrid captain was the deciding factor. First of all he got rid of Salah in a manner that I'm not sure whether it was deliberate or not? Then he spent the rest of the game upsetting Mane with constant play acting which ended with Mane getting booked for doing nothing. They say that he is a great player but for me he is a cheating, play acting whimp.

Liverpool and most clubs in Europe would sign Ramos in a heartbeat.Was a foul given in the Salah incident?Liverpool had 2 efforts on target last night.They did well for 20 mins then in the words of Alan Kennedy” Real ripped them apart”.Mane has no cause for complaint with his season long antics.Real were deserved winners,kept the ball better,passed it better,scored the goals.Real committed 5 fouls,Liverpool 18.

Liverpool and most clubs in Europe would sign Ramos in a heartbeat.Was a foul given in the Salah incident?Liverpool had 2 efforts on target last night.They did well for 20 mins then in the words of Alan Kennedy” Real ripped them apart”.Mane has no cause for complaint with his season long antics.Real were deserved winners,kept the ball better,passed it better,scored the goals.Real committed 5 fouls,Liverpool 18.

He'd certainly walk into United's back 11, that's for sure.

Madrid barely created anything of note up until the last part of the game when Liverpool had to chase it. With Salah on the only side that looked likely to score was Liverpool, and even with him not on the pitch Liverpool had chances. Mane hit the post and on another day that might have the inside of it and gone in. And Firmino would have had a tap in with his head if he was 1 or 2 inches taller. Madrid deserved the win, but it took two extremely flukey goals on their part, along with a once in a lifetime goal from a substitute, to beat a then much weakened Liverpool side.

Still, I'd rather get to a final and lose to a genuine world-class team full of world-class players than get knocked out in the last 32 against Sevilla, that's for sure.

Ramos is just a thug and he knew what he was doing..Saying that Bales goal was simply world class and i wouldnt be surprised to see him in a Man Utd shirt sooner rather than later..

Great player but he's a scummy human being - Simple as that. He also elbowed Karius in the head which I didn't notice during the game and knew exactly what he was doing. I believe in karma and one day Sergio Ramos will get exactly what he deserves, and I hope it hurts like hell.

He'd certainly walk into United's back 11, that's for sure.

Madrid barely created anything of note up until the last part of the game when Liverpool had to chase it. With Salah on the only side that looked likely to score was Liverpool, and even with him not on the pitch Liverpool had chances. Mane hit the past and on another day that might have it the inside of it and gone in. And Firmino would have had a tap in with his head he he was 1 or 2 inches taller. Madrid deserved the win but it took two extremely flukey goals on their part, along with a once in a lifetime goal from a substitute, to beat a then much weakened Liverpool side.

Still, I'd rather get to a final and lose to a genuine world-class team full of world-class players than get knocked out in the last 32 against Sevilla, that's for sure.

They weren't flukey goals they were awful goalkeeping errors and unbeleivably costly and sunday league standard errors. A fluke is when the ball hits a beach ball and sends the keeper the wrong way. I don't think you can make out that on another day Liverpool might have won as the gulf in class was there for all to see. Anyway I was a Liverpool fan for 90 minutes but normal service is resumed now. I hope you cashed your bet out at some point.

They weren't flukey goals they were awful goalkeeping errors and unbeleivably costly and sunday league standard errors. A fluke is when the ball hits a beach ball and sends the keeper the wrong way. I don't think you can make out that on another day Liverpool might have won as the gulf in class was there for all to see. Anyway I was a Liverpool fan for 90 minutes but normal service is resumed now. I hope you cashed your bet out at some point.

I don't know why you keep rambling about bets all the time. The only bets I've proposed have been here, and not one person has ever had the balls to take me up on one of them. Simple as that.

I couldn't care less about the exact definition of the word fluke, but basically Karius could play the same game another thousand times and he wouldn't let those two goals in. So on Real Madrid's part they were extremely fortunate and that's the point I'm making. With Salah on the pitch Liverpool were giving every bit as good as they got, that was pretty clear to see.

And behave. I'm supposed to believe you actually wanted Liverpool to win last night? The way you talk about them anyone would think you walked in on your Mother getting double penetrated by two Scouse blokes when you were a teenager.

I don't know why you keep rambling about bets all the time. The only bets I've proposed have been here, and not one person has ever had the balls to take me up on one of them. Simply as that.

I couldn't care less about the exact definition of the word fluke, but basically Karius could play the same game another thousand times and he wouldn't let those two goals in. So on Real Madrid's part they were extremely fortunate and that's the point I'm making. With Salah on the pitch Liverpool were giving every bit as good as they got, that was pretty clear to see.

And behave. I'm supposed to believe you actually wanted Liverpool to win last night? The way you talk about them anyone would think you walked in on your Mother getting double penetrated by two Scouse blokes when you were a teenager.

Don't you remember saying you put £500 on Liverpool to win the champions league? Wonder why that is

Don't you remember saying you put £500 on Liverpool to win the champions league? Wonder why that is

And I quite clearly said that I'd made a typo afterwards. I wonder why you're missing that bit out...

I'm hardly heartbroken at losing £50 in the one actual bet I made on an app. :laugh:

And I quite clearly said that I'd made a typo afterwards. I wonder why you're missing that bit out...

I'm hardly heartbroken at losing £50 in the one actual bet I made on an app. :laugh:

A made up bet you mean, I was still waiting for you to turn up at Vale in a pink Everton top after you said Sterling would never sign for Man City or for £50m so don't go on about noone having the balls to take you up on a bet. Welcher.

Ooops, meant to type £50, typo.

Archived