Ex-players - Unappreciated at Vale but went on to much better things

philmpv

Milija Alexsic, just 2 FA Cup games with Vale, then free transfer to Eastwood. Progressed via Plymouth and Luton to a FA Cup Winners medal with Spurs. Jaw broken in a clash with Joe Jordan, Glenn Hoddle deputised in goal for him, those were the days.

Advert:

Jordan Hughill couldn’t make the team more often than not despite us being crap, now look, he’s just been sold for £9 million. Agree, with Calvin Andrew as well, got some unfair stick when he was with us.

One that springs to mind is Leon Constantine, scores 28 goals in a season then gets hounded out by a section of fans.28 goal a season strikers are like rocking horse **** nowadays.

I don't think he went on to great things but I always rated Tony Rougier very highly when he was here. I can't recall if he was one of Rudge's last signings or maybe a Horton buy but I thought he was an excellent player for us.

I remember being at Forest for an away game once and one of their fans said something like "He's the best player on the pitch"- and he was. Never got the best out of him from memory but in the short time he was here he was a firm favourite for me.

Advert:

Archived