onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The difference a year makes

Mattholl

Signings in the Sentinel,ST prices on Vale site.Regular updates on the radio.Regular newsletter including this weeks re contact preference.Just the billboards now?Back the Vale,The Legends are back.

1) Local media reporting news is not marketing

2) A business advertising prices on a website is not a marketing campaign, it's sort of the basics

3) A weekly newsletter by email is not marketing

Just look at the difference between us and tinpot minnows Colchester.

Colchester's effort is actively selling the product to a market and comprehensively listing every package, every benefit, what money saving multi-match deals they offer, every potential income stream all wrapped up in one place in a nice well presented package that will be disseminated via post/email/on the website/to local businesses.

Vale's effort is listing the prices on the website and effectively saying buy one or **** off, we don't care. Arrogant, lazy, and embarrassing.

It really, really, really fkucs me off. This stuff is so BASIC.

apBieLz.png

7s04aM5.jpg

Advert

1)

Vale's effort is listing the prices on the website and effectively saying buy one or **** off, we don't care. Arrogant, lazy, and embarrassing.

I simply don't get it...or at least I didn't, until I heard that prize tool of a chairman say that perimeter advertising isn't worth the effort.

That alone sums up how utterly clueless he is, so it stands to reason he allocates a budget of zero for promoting season ticket sales as he presumably thinks they're not worth selling either.

I raised all this in an e-mail to Colin Garlick over a year ago. His response was unencouraging and here we are 1 year on still with a lazy ticket office manager and zero effort at stimulating new and repeat season-ticket sales.

To be honest, I've given up on them because they've no intention of changing things.

I see the marketing of season tickets has gone into overdrive, plugging the new signings and urging people to back Aspo via a vigorous campaign of emails and social media releases.

Oh wait.....

GDPR has intervened.

I am pleased with how the recruitment and retention process is being managed. I am likely to renew in due course provided I can actually carry on attending next season.

Surprised that you've been able to find out how the recruitment process is going and to make a decision to buy a ST in the absence of the Club bombarding you with mailshots, emails, social media messages, pigeon post, personalised Blimp being flown over your house, peak time TV advertising endorsed by your favourite celebrity, subliminal messages being streamed through your TV and, of course, a personal visit from the Queen updating you on the comings and goings in the close season and explaining the reasons just why you should attend the games. Oh, wait, you just read the Sentinel or the website did you?

Small is beautiful Doha.A lot to plough through on the Colchester site.Has a leaflet been sent out with all that info on.Can’t see any new signings on it.

Available June 4th.Six months after we started selling ours.6 painless payments.My ST payments finish in June.Lovely colours on the brochure though.

1) Local media reporting news is not marketing

2) A business advertising prices on a website is not a marketing campaign, it's sort of the basics

3) A weekly newsletter by email is not marketing

Just look at the difference between us and tinpot minnows Colchester.

Colchester's effort is actively selling the product to a market and comprehensively listing every package, every benefit, what money saving multi-match deals they offer, every potential income stream all wrapped up in one place in a nice well presented package that will be disseminated via post/email/on the website/to local businesses.

apBieLz.png

7s04aM5.jpg

What should they be doing then Doha? Apart from copying the mighty Colchester?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/forum/224451/season-ticket-announcement/#2

Their fans don't seem as on board with this marketing as you are, claims of it being an own goal by the chairman. Amused me though thanks.

What should they be doing then Doha? Apart from copying the mighty Colchester?

Their fans don't seem as on board with this marketing as you are, claims of it being an own goal by the chairman. Amused me though thanks.

Without wishing to answer on someone else's behalf, there is so much we should be doing. Any half-decent business would do their utmost to win back lapsed season-ticket holders and to gain new ones. Get on the phone to people, get out to places like Autonet with a presentation, incentivise current ST holders to recruit a friend and be rewarded for it.

Get flyers in the pubs of Burslem. Get posters in shop windows. Get out to schools before they break up for the holidays. Organise a proper open day where players hand out the junior season tickets and sign club merchandise.

Can you tell me how much of this is being done? In fact, can you tell me what exactly is being done to fill those 14,000 EMPTY SEATS every home game?

Archived