onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leon Legge and Connell Rawlinson sign up

EricHamesis

It was in the national papers that we were to be paid in installments...unless Smurf paid them off?

Regardless of that, Smurf is clearly quoted as saying most the Hughill money was already spent in the transcript.

nearly all transfers are paid in installments.

No they are not. Who has been telling you that?

You also said the same about Dior when we signed him though too didn't you.

I did and I am yet to be convinced he will come good. I suggest he will not prove good enough for league football long term and will be of minimal impact to our squad.

Advert

All I will say is that I am unimpressed with the calibre of player signed. Others may hold onto hope that Smurf has not been diddling the club out of money and that the signings so far will be enough to do well next season, but that’s all it is, hope.

I won’t blame Aspin or Rudge because they have serious work cut out and if proven wrong and they mould these guys into a promotion team it will be the greatest feat in our history.

A “let’s stay in league 2 and finish 12th” season would be utterly unacceptable to me.

This suggestion that Smurf has been spending reasonable money and there may be more to come as all the Hughill installments have not been given yet, which honestly there has been a lot of contradictory information around on various times prior to the sale and after, seems deeply forlorn based on his earlier meeting.

How much was it he was putting in to keep the club running over the closed season? 750k or something mad. Yeah right.

Are you impressed with the other signings? Or are we just picking out this one?

One which you say isn’t aspin or rudges fault for some reason? Even though they’ve been scouting the lad since January. It’s clear they’ve seen something hence why we’ve gone for him.

I’m also struggling to see how it would be our greatest feat in history? We’re signing decent players and actually already had some decent players if we can get some forwards I’d certainly be expecting us to at least be pushing the play offs.

I did and I am yet to be convinced he will come good. I suggest he will not prove good enough for league football long term and will be of minimal impact to our squad.

So you believe most transfers are paid in full on the day the player signs?

And as for your garbage about only having hope, that's all football fans of all clubs have at this stage of a season. New signings and a fresh chance for the club to do well. You however just run the club and signings down at every opportunity and it's getting a little boring.

All I will say is that I am unimpressed with the calibre of player signed. Others may hold onto hope that Smurf has not been diddling the club out of money and that the signings so far will be enough to do well next season, but that’s all it is, hope.

I won’t blame Aspin or Rudge because they have serious work cut out and if proven wrong and they mould these guys into a promotion team it will be the greatest feat in our history.

A “let’s stay in league 2 and finish 12th” season would be utterly unacceptable to me.

This suggestion that Smurf has been spending reasonable money and there may be more to come as all the Hughill installments have not been given yet, which honestly there has been a lot of contradictory information around on various times prior to the sale and after, seems deeply forlorn based on his earlier meeting.

How much was it he was putting in to keep the club running over the closed season? 750k or something mad. Yeah right.

Okay, I'm going to try and meet your point :yes:

Who would you like us to sign, for you to be impressed? Names please :yes:

As for the Hugill money, think where the money is coming from. Not from PNE, but from WHU. At Prem level transfer fees are spread over the seasons to avoid bulges. they spend to the limits so are careful what they pay out. Thus PNE are only getting instalments, so are only passing on instalments, no accountant would do otherwise.

I get what you are saying. However I don't think we can rebuild a team in one transfer window that will be a favourite for promotion. We have had the past 2 years of poor signings that didn't address weak areas and were unbalanced, e.g. Brown signing 5 wingers last year.

We still have some of those players left and I hope Aspin and Rudge have a 2 year plan. Make us competitive(at the very least) this year and really push on next. I would obviously love us to have a promotion chasing side this year and I hope in the 12 weeks left we are pleasantly surprised.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-window-premier-league-revealed-how-a-transfer-deal-really-works-a7837031.html

It might do you some good to read that TJH. Then at least you might have some understanding of how things work and maybe that will ease your frustrations a bit. Unless you still believe West Ham just paid Preston £10m and then Preston just gave us £1.9m just like that :doh:

Guest TommyMac
Were still in bloody may. Most teams are yet to sign a player!!!

Here we go. Let's not panic about new signing our first, second, third choice, then we can sign someone of the calibre of Tyrone Barnett on a 2 year deal 'cos Ebbsfleet got in first.

Seriously, Legge, Brown and Joyce have been snapped up early because if you snooze, you lose. The better strikers won't still be available in July.

Looks like Bale AND Ronaldo might be available ode. Obviously money, league position and club status is not an issue but I think the stumbling block might be getting them both playing in the same side again.

I think we could get a surprise next season and could see a partnership of Legge and Rawlinson,especially with them being big and by all accounts strong also if reports are true Rawlinson has pace or he could play 3 at the back and put Smith in there to with Gibbons and Monty pushing on with their pace

You are unimpressed with the signings of Joyce,Legge and Brown mmmm really,i think personally you are after a reaction,either that or you have flipped

Archived