onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leon Legge and Connell Rawlinson sign up

EricHamesis

I swear, some people only come on here to moan! They must be so f...... depressing to live with, living to find something wrong with every single thing that happens.

We could sign the entire freaking Premier League team of the season, and they would moan we didn't sign the Spanish one instead.

******* give it a rest, take a deep breath, enjoy the sunshine and don't come on here, unless you have something constructive to say! Moaning just for the sake of moaning, is getting old so fast it beggars belief!

Advert

Because he provides funds for the squad and if this is the best those funds can stretch to, then it isn’t good enough. He had £1.9m given to him in January as a windfall.

Correct.

IF.

But the other signings and rumored transfer bids indicate that this isn't "the best those funds can stretch to"

This feels like a Rudge signing, so aim your criticism at Rudge and Aspin rather than contradict all the evidence by trying to prove that we've got no money.

I swear, some people only come on here to moan! They must be so f...... depressing to live with, living to find something wrong with every single thing that happens.

We could sign the entire freaking Premier League team of the season, and they would moan we didn't sign the Spanish one instead.

******* give it a rest, take a deep breath, enjoy the sunshine and don't come on here, unless you have something constructive to say! Moaning just for the sake of moaning, is getting old so fast it beggars belief!

Back in 2004 DV, and in response to OVF forum posts, I penned this poem

Some things never change :smile:

Good.

This will now be Norman's second attempt at trying to make up for his naivety and incompetence relegating us. A small percentage of the Hugill money invested into the team and marketing/fan engagement staff like Max McClellan to drum up the appropriate off the field atmosphere and he has an opportunity to finally get things right. I expect he's probably reading OVF quite a bit so Norman, ffs, give Neil and John what they ask for, do not interfere or get involved and try to buy any more Norwegian magic beans, sit back out of frame, reign in the swamp monster from backstabbing Aspin again, and enjoy a potentially fruitful season.

If he does look on OVF he should cut out and frame that paragraph Doha has written because it mirrors the opinion of all sensible Valiants and whenever he gets the urge to get involved read it and follow it!

Lee Trundle, Gary Roberts, Akinfenwa, Mark Delaney, Christian Doidge, Jimmy Mcnulty, Alan Goodall, Owain Tudor Jones, Eifon Williams,

Google is your friend TJH.

I notice you ignored my comment informing you that we didn't indeed have a lump sum in January. Is that so you can use that again?

Smurfwaite told us we didn’t have a lump sum in January. Personally I don’t believe it. Why? West Ham didn’t pay for Hughill in installments and our cut of any fee certainly shouldn’t be paid in such a way as part of that deal. He even said at the meeting earlier this year most if it had already been spent.

On what I dread to think. Certainly not players as we can see. His pub maybe?

Plus leaving aside all that there has been Grant and Alnwick money, which is more money than the club has received in fees since the late 1990s. I don’t see that being spent well either.

Those player examples of Welsh league success are nothing like Rawlinson.

Lee Trundle was way back in 2001 and had already racked up numerous games in the English professional leagues.

He only played 16 games for Rhyl.

Rawlinson has played EIGHT years in a non professional league with absolutely no interest from the English leagues. Well until we thought he might be ok.

The other examples were in the Welsh leagues for brief periods and played the prime parts of their careers in England at pro level.

Overall I want to be proved wrong. I really do. However the cold hard facts suggest that we won’t be getting out of league 2 next year. At least in the direction hoped.

If he does look on OVF he should cut out and frame that paragraph Doha has written because it mirrors the opinion of all sensible Valiants and whenever he gets the urge to get involved read it and follow it!

I agree. That paragraph was spot on.

Christian Doidge

That isn’t a good example.

He started his career in Wales, but isn’t going to be playing his prime career in Wales.

He has played in the English leagues since the age of 20.

Rawlinson has spent EIGHT years of his prime career in Wales.

No. If we signed a Premier League standard team I would run naked through the streets of Burslem demanding Smurf gets a knighthood.

We haven’t and a struggling to assemble a 4th division football team, which I can never remember in my liftetime.

It sounds depressing, because it is depressing.

Smurfwaite told us we didn’t have a lump sum in January. Personally I don’t believe it. Why? West Ham didn’t pay for Hughill in installments and our cut of any fee certainly shouldn’t be paid in such a way as part of that deal. He even said at the meeting earlier this year most if it had already been spent.

Plus leaving aside all that there has been Grant and Alnwick money, which is more money than the club has received in fees since the late 1990s. I don’t see that being spent well either.

Lee Trundle was way back in 2001 and had already racked up numerous games in the English professional leagues.

Rawlinson has played EIGHT years in a non professional league with absolutely no interest from the English leagues. Well until we thought he might be ok.

The other examples were in the Welsh leagues for brief periods and played the prime parts of their careers in England at pro level.

Overall I want to be proved wrong. I really do. However the cold hard facts suggest that we won’t be getting out of league 2 next year. At least in the direction hoped.

It was in the national papers that we were to be paid in installments...unless Smurf paid them off?

nearly all transfers are paid in installments. Your lack of knowledge is behind your frustration and it shows. Do a bit of reading ffs.

You also said the same about Dior when we signed him though too didn't you.

I have seen Rawlinson play a few times the last couple of years and he is quick, solid and very good in the air. The welsh league is not as bad as people think.

If he produces the form for Vale as he did for TNS then he will be a great addition to our side and a few on here will be eating Humble pie.

Trust Aspin and Rudge as they know what they are doing. Keep the faith

I have seen Rawlinson play a few times the last couple of years and he is quick, solid and very good in the air. The welsh league is not as bad as people think.

If he produces the form for Vale as he did for TNS then he will be a great addition to our side and a few on here will be eating Humble pie.

Trust Aspin and Rudge as they know what they are doing. Keep the faith

As far as I can see there’s only one poster that would require humble pie should Rawlinson do well.

The cold hard facts suggest we will struggle? Where the hell have you got that **** from?

One again focus on the non league signing rather than 3 established and actually very good league 2 players. Loads of league 2 sides have been bringing in non league players I really don’t see the harm in doing this as long as we have a mix (which we do). Hannant hasn’t turned out too bad either:......

Give the lad a chance Christ. He’s not going to be first 11 I don’t think anyway.

The cold hard facts suggest we will struggle? Where the hell have you got that **** from?

One again focus on the non league signing rather than 3 established and actually very good league 2 players. Loads of league 2 sides have been bringing in non league players I really don’t see the harm in doing this as long as we have a mix (which we do). Hannant hasn’t turned out too bad either:......

Give the lad a chance Christ. He’s not going to be first 11 I don’t think anyway.

As I've been pointing out for the last few days, some people just come on here to moan. If they can't find any facts to fight about, they just make their own facts to start discussions with themselves, hoping others will join. It's the pure definition of polemic behavior! (Arguing just for the sake of arguing).

Archived