onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leon Legge and Connell Rawlinson sign up

EricHamesis

TNS have dominated the Welsh League for years and reached the semi finals of the Scottish League Cup. Good standard fair offering a realistic chance at L2 level.

I’m not convinced. League 2 level is fully professional. The Welsh league is more like Conference level.

I liked the signings last week, seemed what we needed, but these two sound accompanied by the chorus of scraping barrels.

I know someone will say “ooh give them a chance” but come on our defence last season was nowhere near good enough and we need a serious boost of quality.

We were barely good enough for league 2 last season and our defence was way off, even with Aspin.

Advert

A crocked player from the 12th placed team and a defender who has spent 8 years playing in a non professional league?

I see Smurf is really pushing the boat out.

Look up Tony Book on wiki. He spent longer than 8 years in non pro football but went on to Captain a FA Cup and FL League winning team and winning English player of the year. He made he FL debut at age 30. I am not saying Connell Rawlins will be the same but he just might be. That's the beauty of football. Let's give Connell a chance.

A crocked player from the 12th placed team and a defender who has spent 8 years playing in a non professional league?

I see Smurf is really pushing the boat out.

While I'm not that excited about the signing of Connell I find it baffling that you have managed to blame Smurf for it.

While I'm not that excited about the signing of Connell I find it baffling that you have managed to blame Smurf for it.

Agreed. All players signed so far are clearly Aspin's preferred targets. The fact that Smurf also appears willing to actually pay a half decent transfer fee (if the Dennis rumours are to be believed) for a player strongly suggests that he's backing the manager in getting the desired players in. I would suggest that people like TJHV would moan if we signed Messi but not Ronaldo or vice versa, and would find some way to justify not buying a season ticket/go to the games if we signed both.

TNS have dominated the Welsh League for years and reached the semi finals of the Scottish League Cup. Good standard fair offering a realistic chance at L2 level.

I’m not convinced. League 2 level is fully professional. The Welsh league is more like Conference level.

I liked the signings last week, seemed what we needed, but these two sound accompanied by the chorus of scraping barrels.

I know someone will say “ooh give them a chance” but come on our defence last season was nowhere near good enough and we need a serious boost of quality.

We were barely good enough for league 2 last season and our defence was way off, even with Aspin.

There is so much bitterness in your posts. You want to try and let go, take a step back, accept you were wrong and start again. It's not good for you.

Because he provides funds for the squad and if this is the best those funds can stretch to, then it isn’t good enough. He had £1.9m given to him in January as a windfall.

Agreed. All players signed so far are clearly Aspin's preferred targets. The fact that Smurf also appears willing to actually pay a half decent transfer fee (if the Dennis rumours are to be believed) for a player strongly suggests that he's backing the manager in getting the desired players in. I would suggest that people like TJHV would moan if we signed Messi but not Ronaldo or vice versa, and would find some way to justify not buying a season ticket/go to the games if we signed both.

Nobody would moan if it was Messi or Ronaldo. However once again the rumours of Smurf spending money are wildly different from him actuallly doing so.

Remember this is a man who said he would do whatever it takes to keep us in league 2 and allowed Gunning to leave.

Because he provides funds for the squad and if this is the best those funds can stretch to, then it isn’t good enough. He had £1.9m given to him in January as a windfall.

No he did not get £1.9m in Jan. If you had read about the transfer anywhere you would have seen that it was to be paid in installments. Why worry about facts though.

There is so much bitterness in your posts. You want to try and let go, take a step back, accept you were wrong and start again. It's not good for you.

Wrong about what? Those points are matter of fact. How many Welsh league players have succeeded in league 2? Certainly none in recent memory who have spent most their careers in the league.

I will only be wrong if we get promoted from league 2. The 4th division. Nothing else is good enough. Buying players or assembling a squad to just stay in league 2 is not success. League 2 football only continues to damage the club.

Remember this is a man who said he would do whatever it takes to keep us in league 2 and allowed Gunning to leave.

Not Gavin bleeding Gunning again! He was an average journeyman defender, and still is. Plus we stayed in League 2 without him. Plus we discovered that Monty is potentially a much better LB. Overall, I think I csn forgive that apparently major tranagression.

Wrong about what? Those points are matter of fact. How many Welsh league players have succeeded in league 2? Certainly none in recent memory who have spent most their careers in the league.

I will only be wrong if we get promoted from league 2. The 4th division. Nothing else is good enough. Buying players or assembling a squad to just stay in league 2 is not success. League 2 football only continues to damage the club.

Andy Jones comes to mind.

Andy Jones comes to mind.

Lee Trundle, Gary Roberts, Akinfenwa, Mark Delaney, Christian Doidge, Jimmy Mcnulty, Alan Goodall, Owain Tudor Jones, Eifon Williams,

Google is your friend TJH.

I notice you ignored my comment informing you that we didn't indeed have a lump sum in January. Is that so you can use that again?

Christian Doidge

Archived