onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Pitch

philmpv

Advert

I hear speedy's planted carrots onions parsnips beetroot dwarf beans and several rows of cabbages cauliflowers sprouts asparagus,(I love asparagus tips much nicer than benson and hedges) turnips and broccoli, our players will benefit from this healthy living thee nowst.

I hear speedy's planted carrots onions parsnips beetroot dwarf beans and several rows of cabbages cauliflowers sprouts asparagus,(I love asparagus tips much nicer than benson and hedges) turnips and broccoli, our players will benefit from this healthy living thee nowst.

....and the way our players performed last season, that team of vegs would beat us! Or even 'beet' us.

They are just re-seeding the pitch. Pretty standard stuff by every grounds man this time of the year, and we do it every year as well. Defiantly not a new pitch as I cant see we have the funds for that.

Pity.

it will be a top dressing with seeds in . to dig up , put in drainage and re turf would take weeks . 350k/500k is money we don't have to burn . how many games did we have called off last season anyway ? maybe instead of prem clubs jizzing money away they should pass some down to all lower league clubs, to bring the quality of pitches up to standard . obviously that won't happen i know .

it will be a top dressing with seeds in . to dig up , put in drainage and re turf would take weeks . 350k/500k is money we don't have to burn . how many games did we have called off last season anyway ? maybe instead of prem clubs jizzing money away they should pass some down to all lower league clubs, to bring the quality of pitches up to standard . obviously that won't happen i know .

Yes, definitely pie in the sky and cloud cuckoo land thinking together unfortunately.

Pitches at this level are bumpy. Fair enough. But ours also seems to have ice rink characteristics. Not good, hinders home advantage factor, since no one can play football properly on it. Need Spurs in the cup so they'll buy us a new one.

Hybrid turf pitches are used worldwide by top-level teams. All current Premier League sides have them (and presumably one or two that have fallen from grace:whistling:). They consist of various layers, with a top surface that has artificial fibres woven into it. The cost of such a pitch is estimated at 300k pounds (possibly more in Vale's case, considering the history of the land on which the stadium sits).

• 3 weeks later...

Theres a piece on the sentinel site about the pitch today.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transformation-port-vales-pitch-new-1667778

groundsman Steve Speed explained just what was going on.

He said: "I've always wanted a brand new pitch, but they cost £700,000 - £800,000 but I can't see that happening. What we've done is what we did three years ago. We've taken the grass off the top, scarified it, reseeded and spread 80 tons of sand on it.

"We did the same on the training ground three weeks earlier so it's ready for the 1st July when the players return."

Archived