onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mass school shooting in US again

SuperValiant1876

I don't hunt.

I don't live in one of the many parts of the USA which are remote, wild and of a nature that many who have not travelled the country understand. Your life and property can be vulnerable to beast as well as man.

I don't live in Detroit, Chicago's South Side, Oakland, CA, St. Louis, or one of many dangerous cities.

Neither would I choose to, of course.

Does that mean that no one else in your neighbourhood owns a gun unless they hunt?

Advert

Does that mean that no one else in your neighbourhood owns a gun unless they hunt?

Doubtful that’s always the reason. But it’s mine. I say again, I don’t like guns and would not have one in my home. I have a very nice Wüsthof chef’s knife. Would someone wish me to give that up?

I don't hunt.

I don't live in one of the many parts of the USA which are remote, wild and of a nature that many who have not travelled the country understand. Your life and property can be vulnerable to beast as well as man.

I don't live in Detroit, Chicago's South Side, Oakland, CA, St. Louis, or one of many dangerous cities.

Neither would I choose to, of course.

None of the guns used in these school shootings were used for defence against bloomin bears!

And perhaps some of these areas are more dangerous because of guns? And if they are safely locked away, they won’t be at hand anyway? And I’m pretty certain that the data shows that owning guns makes you far more likely to be a victim of a shooting. Grasping at straws.

I honestly don’t know how how a self professed Christian who tells us to listen to a sermon about love can not also speak out against the ownership of weapons designed to kill. I’m honestly baffled.

Doubtful that’s always the reason. But it’s mine. I say again, I don’t like guns and would not have one in my home. I have a very nice Wüsthof chef’s knife. Would someone wish me to give that up?

Like you, Tone, I have no desire whatsoever to own a gun. This is why I cannot get my head around why so many people in the USA want to. And also, why they are so readily available to anyone who wants to buy one. It just makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Could you slaughter a whole nightclub of people with that chefs knife?

Could you slaughter a whole nightclub of people with that chefs knife?

Personally, no. That’s why I am curious that any human could do such a thing with whatever weapon is their choice - gun, bomb, knife, vehicle, fire....

Personally, no. That’s why I am curious that any human could do such a thing with whatever weapon is their choice - gun, bomb, knife, vehicle, fire....

Then why ask if your chefs knife should be taken away? You aren’t stupid, so you can only be purposely avoiding/ignoring the actual point.

Then why ask if your chefs knife should be taken away? You aren’t stupid, so you can only be purposely avoiding/ignoring the actual point.

Neither are you stupid. If you missed the point of my analogy, I’m sorry.

Neither are you stupid. If you missed the point of my analogy, I’m sorry.

Correct me if I’m wrong, you were saying we shouldn’t restrict guns because you can use a chef knife to kill? (I’ll add that in the U.K. you will get arrested for carrying a knife, and even a screw driver, though in some states you can carry a gun freely in the street).

Correct me if I’m wrong, you were saying we shouldn’t restrict guns because you can use a chef knife to kill? (I’ll add that in the U.K. you will get arrested for carrying a knife, and even a screw driver, though in some states you can carry a gun freely in the street).

You’re wrong. I was just saying, I have a knife in my home to protect me if necessary, but I’m not sure in what circumstances I would use it.

So irrelevant to the discussion to guns then?

Not irrelevant, especially in view of the extent to which restrictions have been extended in the UK. I don't want to go down that line of discussion too far, but I was countering your suggestion that "we shouldn’t restrict guns because you can use a chef knife to kill".

Not irrelevant, especially in view of the extent to which restrictions have been extended in the UK. I don't want to go down that line of discussion too far, but I was countering your suggestion that "we shouldn’t restrict guns because you can use a chef knife to kill".

That wasn’t my suggestion, it’s yours. You say it isn’t but then each time refuse to say exactly what you do mean. Pretty much all your responses have been vague and avoiding the main arguments. Your main point has pretty much been that we shouldn’t ban guns because everyone should love each other, and I have a chef knife.

That wasn’t my suggestion, it’s yours. You say it isn’t but then each time refuse to say exactly what you do mean. Pretty much all your responses have been vague and avoiding the main arguments. Your main point has pretty much been that we shouldn’t ban guns because everyone should love each other, and I have a chef knife.

That is a load of balls everyone should love each other what crap everyone is different genes personality outlook thinking social standing homo hetero those who don't know political outlook religious persuasion country of birth ability temperament iq height weight colour and ten thousand other differences and you'll still be going on about this atrocity when the next one happens.

Archived