onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Salford City

I don’t disagree with your comments, but virtually every side buys success, or relative success. Utd do, Liverpool do, Chelsea do, et al.

Yes they have a much larger fanbase, but they ALL live way beyond their means and continue to turn in annual losses. These type of clubs still do a “Salford” through various means, but just on a much much greater scale.

Look what Wolves have done this season for example. Clearly the best team in the Championship, but at what cost ? And where has that money come from ? Heavy investment, just like Salford ! The only difference is the level of investment.

True I guess it's a case of 'if you can't beat 'em join 'em' if your in the Championship certainly. That said the vast majority of clubs in that division at least in recent years have been in the top division before so want to get back in the 'big time' so the expectation with probably 18-20 out of 24 club is very high when only 3 can go up! Basically there is too much money in football these days but what can you do!?

Advert

They've appointed Graham Alexander as manager.

There's the link.

That's the bit I'd missed....I knew albout the Man Utd boys and them playing Championship Manager....just wondered how'd they got him. I'd have thought he was never on Aspo's radar personally despite all the thoughts on here.

I really don’t get this antagonism towards Neville and others of a similar ilk. All they are trying to do is to get the best for their club and, no doubt, for their financial investment. What’s wrong with that ?

More’s the pity that we don’t have an owner with a congruent mindset.

Good luck to them for trying to get a non-league side into the league and see how high they can go. You have to have money to run a club and they are having fun using their money to do it.

I don't believe the vast majority of Vale fans want the owner to throw money at the club. I think the vast majority would just appreciate a little more transparency in the finances of the club. According to Norman, he has already thrown in £3 million and look where that's got us.

Don;t take htis as a dig at you Jean but this post is a prime example of V2001's lasting legacy. If those numpties hadn't have made fans hare holders, this misplaced sense of entitlement wouldn't exist. No one has the right to transparency, except the man who put his money in.

Railway Rowdy is also correct- the hypocrisy of some posters is mind blowing.

I don't believe the vast majority of Vale fans want the owner to throw money at the club. I think the vast majority would just appreciate a little more transparency in the finances of the club. According to Norman, he has already thrown in £3 million and look where that's got us.

Yes but we have ************ as an owner who hasn’t a clue how to run a football club.

He has wasted his money with hairbrained schemes then wants someone else to pay for it by wanting 6 million pounds for which he paid 1.2 million.

I don’t believe he has actually lost 3 million (which isn’t a good selling point) but he uses his other companies to move the money around as loans.

Do these so called loans include the original 1.2 million he paid for it?

At the fans meeting he was complaining about how much he was ploughing into the club then the accounts say he has made 400,000 profit.

Where in the accounts does it show the money Fradley has paid him to be CEO?

Been documentaries on TV about them over the past couple of years. Massive investment and ground developments and expect they will be an EFL outfit in 2019/20.

It’s fair enough if sides like these get invested and climb as with Fleetwood for example. It’s a sport after all but does seem to be killing the game with all these bankrolled sides, Boreham Wood, Ebbsfleet etc

They've been ploughing money in for years.

Jack Redshaw turned down L1 Rochdale to sign for the National League North with them last season!

I dispise them.

When they inevitably end up in the football league we'll have all the "what a great story" nonsense shoved down our throat. Money won't be mentioned.

Good luck to them! I doubt you'd be complaining if we had someone pumping in money to buy success? It's (unfortunately) what football is all about these days. Why do you think the top 6 Premier clubs stay generally in that position?

Good luck to them! I doubt you'd be complaining if we had someone pumping in money to buy success? It's (unfortunately) what football is all about these days. Why do you think the top 6 Premier clubs stay generally in that position?

You're missing the point. Using a club as a millionaires plaything that used to average gates of 139 only 4 years just isn't sustainable as a long term plan.

I would rather a club lives within it's means than risk liquidation. It's still possible to be competitive without throwing a chequebook around as Burton and Accrington have proved.

Don;t take htis as a dig at you Jean but this post is a prime example of V2001's lasting legacy. If those numpties hadn't have made fans hare holders, this misplaced sense of entitlement wouldn't exist. No one has the right to transparency, except the man who put his money in.

Railway Rowdy is also correct- the hypocrisy of some posters is mind blowing.

Nail on head!

You're missing the point. Using a club as a millionaires plaything that used to average gates of 139 only 4 years just isn't sustainable as a long term plan.

I would rather a club lives within it's means than risk liquidation. It's still possible to be competitive without throwing a chequebook around as Burton and Accrington have proved.

For your Burtons and your Accringtons there are far more failures of clubs that could have benefitted from cash injections.

Good luck to Salford. Prefer them to FC United all day.

For your Burtons and your Accringtons there are far more failures of clubs that could have benefitted from cash injections.

Good luck to Salford. Prefer them to FC United all day.

Most clubs with average gates of 139 could do with a cash injection. Spending whatever it takes to reach the football league is just another Rushden & Diamonds in the making. What happens if the millionaires decide to sell up? Are they really going to grow the crowds any further with Man Utd and Man City on their doorstep?

Most clubs with average gates of 139 could do with a cash injection. Spending whatever it takes to reach the football league is just another Rushden & Diamonds in the making. What happens if the millionaires decide to sell up? Are they really going to grow the crowds any further with Man Utd and Man City on their doorstep?

There are plenty of clubs around Manchester who do well enough crowd wise. Rochdale, Bury, Oldham, Stockport (when they were in the league).

Fair play to them. The problem I have is that they replace proper football clubs in the league. Teams like chesterfield, Stockport, wrexham etc that are good clubs with proper fans end up in non league and are replaced with teams such as FGR. It's crap playing FGR at home when we could have someone like Wrexham who might bring a few and generate an atmosphere. Also, how long will it be until we are one of the proper clubs dropping out and being replaced by Boreham Wood.

Fair play to them. The problem I have is that they replace proper football clubs in the league. Teams like chesterfield, Stockport, wrexham etc that are good clubs with proper fans end up in non league and are replaced with teams such as FGR. It's crap playing FGR at home when we could have someone like Wrexham who might bring a few and generate an atmosphere. Also, how long will it be until we are one of the proper clubs dropping out and being replaced by Boreham Wood.

Correct! I think in a few years' time we will see L2 populated with teams like FGR, Ebbsfleet, Billericay, Salford, Boreham Wood and Fylde from towns with little or no tradition of league football and even fewer supporters. Conversely, the National (and below) will be full (even more than now) with former league teams who have fallen on hard times or, worse, have just had one bad season (Notts County almost went this way). As a result, we will get very poor atmosphere at home games while we take many, many more supporters to away games, lining their pockets even more (though most of them clearly don't need it). Really pleased that Tranmere are coming up to bring a few to Vale Park and renew our rivalry with them. Pity Wrexham didn't make it though at least Macca are close.

This is where we are headed imho, which is why we need to get out of L2 as soon as we can because competing with teams with wealthy owners is going to get harder and harder. Traditional league clubs in L2 are going to see the trapdoor into footballing oblivion look ever larger. I don't welcome these developments one little bit!

Let’s hope for the benefit of anyone who begrudges other club’s investment that The Vale don’t ever have to contend with any substantial monies coming in. Imagine the empty feeling they’d get if it were to lead to any kind of success.

Archived