Sign in to follow this  
News Feed

Port Vale confirm experienced keeper signing

Port Vale have confirmed the signing of experienced former Wycombe Wanderers goalkeeper Scott Brown. The 33 year-old helped Wycombe to promotion last season and has agree a two-year deal with the Valiants. Brown has made over 200 career appearances. Vale also have youngster Sam Hornby and transfer-listed Rob Lainton as goalkeeping alternatives.

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

This is a terrific signing. I am sure pretty much most Vale fans will agreww with the reasons Neil Aspin gave in his interview with the Sentinel. Scott Brown with Sam Hornby pushing him should give us some strength back in this position.

I think the manager's planning, not just for early signings, but for pre-season fixtures is refreshing. We have games lined up against better teams, at home, so we can really push our squad in pre-season and get them used to the open spaces of Vale Park. Previous seasons where we played trialists against very low ranking non league clubs has proven to be utterly pointless.

So this early signing, linked to other things we know the manager has done give me more confidence than I have had for a long time.

For anyone who may complain about Scott Brown's signing, well surely that could only be complaining for its own sake. I just hope no one does.

Top drawer signing, proven player in this league and a good age for a keeper. Should help Sam Hornby too who has earned the right to be the retained understudy. Goalkeeping sorted, now to the outfield! Similar quality please.

Can there be anything negative about this signing?? Great start to the rebuild and should be beneficial for Hornby. I would let Hornby be 1st choice for the Checkatrade Trophy and League Cup, so he keeps his development progressing in "proper" games.

:clap::clap:

I agree and have to say Brown has one of the longest kicks in the football league. On thee 'ed Popey lad��

Welcome too port vale Scott . Good Luck for this season . Vale fans are Good fans .and will Look forward to seeing you . Thank you . Neal . Job well Done .

...For anyone who may complain about Scott Brown's signing, well surely that could only be complaining for its own sake. I just hope no one does.

So we can expect the Ferns gimp and at least one other, then?