onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Last home game of the season.What about next season?

melv

Well, I'll be going to the one game next week where I can walk to the ground and it will be more in hope than expectation after yesterday's display. It's not rocket science though is it? Things absolutely won't change until we have an owner who really cares for the club, preferably one that is based in the community, with experience in running a modern, successful business. I couldn't possibly think who that might be.

One of the best things next week will be calling at the finest real ale pub in Cambridge for a pint and a bite to eat before the game. I'll try and post a Pub Guide to Cambridge sometime this week.

For the future, we can only put our trust in Aspo and Rudgie though with the resources available to them, they will be hard pressed.

Advert

I did find it amusing in a way, the announcements about entering the field of play, the stewards all lined up expecting a huge pitch invasion, and in the end nobody was remotely interested.

Personally, even had we won yesterday, a bottom 6 finish in the 4th tier is nothing to celebrate.

Personally, even had we won yesterday, a bottom 6 finish in the 4th tier is nothing to celebrate.

Sport on - the best thing about this season has been that it has ended and we haven't gone down. I'be been going got over 30 years now and can't remember a time when I haven't stayed to clap them all at the end of a season (I refuse to do the running on the pitch thing).

Yesterday, I simply stood up, said goodbye to the same people I see every other week and we all went home; such is my abject disappointment is such a crappy season.

Being a football supporter I live in hope that next season will be better, but am a realist and really think that unless Aspin (who I trust) can work miracles, we will be in a similar position next yer. Funny how it took Norman 1 close season to get rid of Page and most of a squad, and probably 5-6 years to get back to that position.

Whatever happens next season there will be WUM's and idiots on here spouting similar tripe that has been the norm for years at Vale.

Let the Manager get on with it. If Aspin is handed a fair budget we will get a squad who will NOT struggle. I am level headed enough though to state that I am NOT expecting promotion next season, but sincerely hope there are signs of progress, both on and off the pitch.

Agree with most of that but Vale apparently had a healthy budget this season, Aspin has been lucky enough to bring 8 players in but worryingly only Hannant looks league standard so Aspo's eye for a player doesn't look promising Jules, Wilson, Regis, Raglan, Howe for God's sake!

Agree with most of that but Vale apparently had a healthy budget this season, Aspin has been lucky enough to bring 8 players in but worryingly only Hannant looks league standard so Aspo's eye for a player doesn't look promising Jules, Wilson, Regis, Raglan, Howe for God's sake!

Wilson was just starting to look something when family issues intervened. Regis is a very good player with bugger all between his ears - we are not the first club nor will we be the last to think they can sort him out and fail. Raglan was just an extra body and I'm delighted you have reached such a judgement on Howe after seeing him for 45 minutes. Jules was indeed pants.

Guest Vale at home
I am too old to run on the pitch, couldn't climb the wall. However usually stay behind to applaud the players efforts over the season. Didn't this time joined the mass exodus at the final whistle. Watched too much dross by too many poor players in a very poor Vale team.

Now if the Vale players want to come around my house and applaud me for having a season ticket , that's more like it.

Well put . This season as been very very poor . Things will have Get a Be 100/pc Better for Next season . if Vale are going to sell Any Season Tickets . And it must Happen soon .

Guest Vale at home
I think it was wishful thinking.

I Do Know you are a True Port vale fan .and I agree with all you say . ((. Man in the pub )) this season . Port vale fans have had too put up with a Lot of on and off the Field Rubbish . I wish we could have had a Good reason to go on the pitch . Or stay behind too clap the port vale Team . But not this season . Very poor .

To many performances like on sat throughout the season .

Why would anyone want run on the pitch to get a shirt of the under performing load of tripe .

What they should have done is put in the press is we are safe and on our holidays a few days before the game then folk could like meself who had worked till 6a.m the following morning being given prior notice not to bother attending as its pointless as there no great amounts of effort ,application heart going be given .

I noticed the players come back out and hardly any fans stayed to clap there overall efforts on a link someone did .

It was a show of discontentment from the Vale faithful and rightly so .

Finishing below Crewe and earlier in the day Stoke getting a very creditable draw against a super side in Lpool.

Overall pathetic .

Archived