onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Last home game of the season.What about next season?

melv

I wonder if the lack of the pitch invasion(be it right or wrong)The sight of most fan's just simply walking away at the final whistle (some even before that)Touched a nerve with the powers that be? Would it have registered that a lot of the fan's were very disappointed with the season as a whole and the direction in which the club is heading?

Advert

I am too old to run on the pitch, couldn't climb the wall. However usually stay behind to applaud the players efforts over the season. Didn't this time joined the mass exodus at the final whistle. Watched too much dross by too many poor players in a very poor Vale team.

Now if the Vale players want to come around my house and applaud me for having a season ticket , that's more like it.

Id be surprised if they even send out e mails to season ticket holders asking them to renew.

I wonder if the lack of the pitch invasion(be it right or wrong)The sight of most fan's just simply walking away at the final whistle (some even before that)Touched a nerve with the powers that be? Would it have registered that a lot of the fan's were very disappointed with the season as a whole and the direction in which the club is heading?

According to our chairman that would only be 5% Melv who left. I assume the other 95% stayed behind to praise the efforts of Norman.

According to our chairman that would only be 5% Melv who left. I assume the other 95% stayed behind to praise the efforts of Norman.

Sadly I was one of the 5% as I was last season too having said that I'm not one to stand about dishing out praise to the undeserving. Bored and disappointed by the whole season but pleased obviously to still be in the league. Next season will be make or break for me.

Left as soon as the final whistle went. I never understand why fans boo the team off as they leave the field at the end of a poor first half then clap them back on 15 minutes later. So I am not going to clap them after a season of 10 home league defeats and only 7 home victories. Poor season yet again but we go again in August, hope things will improve. See Carl was first on Radio Sjoke P&G again, he must have a season ticket on there as don’t think he goes to the games.

Sadly I was one of the 5% as I was last season too having said that I'm not one to stand about dishing out praise to the undeserving. Bored and disappointed by the whole season but pleased obviously to still be in the league. Next season will be make or break for me.

Been saying similar 'Make or Break' myself.Been saying it for probably last 2-3 years.But have then decided to go out and renew my ST.But one more being treated like this with empty promises,BS,Contradicting statements,No statement of intent (intent not just empty words)Then I could well just simply give up.Football in general including England has lost its buzz.With what is happening at Port Vale its the straw the broke the camels back.Its like being on thin ice and just about to fall through.Patience is now wearing very thin.

Pitch invasions simply because it's the last game of the season stopped years ago. I'm sure that they stopped when we were in the Championship. We never invaded the pitch v Wolves.

The only pitch invasions I have witnessed recently have been from FA Cup wins by lower and non-league clubs,teams getting promoted and by protests (West Ham). Can't think of any more.

This season is the first time i did not stay after the final whistle to welcome the vale players back on the pitch.The reason was i have seen a few of them all season walking round the pitch not giving a toss about playing for my club.I turn up home and away all i ask is they do the same week in week out it is not much to ask for the supporters i hope those who did not break sweat for the vale never tread on vale park again.

This season is the first time i did not stay after the final whistle to welcome the vale players back on the pitch.The reason was i have seen a few of them all season walking round the pitch not giving a toss about playing for my club.I turn up home and away all i ask is they do the same week in week out it is not much to ask for the supporters i hope those who did not break sweat for the vale never tread on vale park again.

The problem is, as someone else has already pointed out, all 14 players (bar Whitfield and Howkins) who played yesterday are contracted for next season and my thoughts are that the two mentioned were the ones who showed the most determination. What does that say about the rest ?

I did find it amusing in a way, the announcements about entering the field of play, the stewards all lined up expecting a huge pitch invasion, and in the end nobody was remotely interested.

Be nice to be able to hear any announcements in the Bycars, the tannoy is useless. Hope nothing important happens.

Archived