onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Last home game of the season.What about next season?

melv

Well done Norman

What an achievement.I can't remember a last game of the season at home when not only there wasn't a pitch invasion.But no one even looked at being bothered to do one. (irrespective of the rights and wrongs of one)This just shows how much damage you have done to the club.It shows just how much trust and faith that the fans have lost in you.

As for next season what is needed now is a statement of intent.Not empty promises or empty words.A statement of intent that will be backed up.This needs to be done to attract fans to buy season tickets for next season

Advert

Sounds like you're disappointed there wasn't a pitch invasion.

No Im not disappointed.But it just shows how much enthusiasm the fans have lost.I can't remember the last time that not only there wasn't a pitch invasion.But no one even attempted to do so.Irrespective of the rights or wrongs of it.Its something that always happens at the last home home game of the season.

It was a disappointing game which is on par with a disappointing season.A season where we just survived the drop by the skin of our teeth.It wasn't long ago that we were in league 1 and on the verge of the play offs.We have gone from there to just about staying in the football league.

No he's probably just disappointed at the **** he has to watch every week

This was the last chance to give us hope for next season.

A chance for Aspin to say I have had to play the old guard to avoid relegation but this is what we have on offer.

You have more chance of tying your shoe laces with your nose than you have on most fans taking season tickets.

We have a Vale legend in charge ( not for the first time)

He struggles to motivate a team. He says any one has a chance in the team but prefers the old journeymen.

Aspin will keep us in league two for the remainder of his contract.

Aspin has not got the tactical flair or know how of league football to get us any where near promotion.

Thanks for keeping us up Neil.

End of term report ok but could have done so much better .

Well done Norman

What an achievement.I can't remember a last game of the season at home when not only there wasn't a pitch invasion.But no one even looked at being bothered to do one. (irrespective of the rights and wrongs of one)This just shows how much damage you have done to the club.It shows just how much trust and faith that the fans have lost in you.

As for next season what is needed now is a statement of intent.Not empty promises or empty words.A statement of intent that will be backed up.This needs to be done to attract fans to buy season tickets for next season

Never mind pitch invasions,I can't remember the last time we won the final home game of the season?

This has been one long struggle. I don’t see much signs of real improvement. Amazing so many people want to support Aspin.

Foyle got stick for years of mid table league 1 mediocrity until the 07 season when a series of dire buys sealed his fate.

Yet nobody gave him a free pass for being a mediocrity. I keep hearing that all of his non league wonder buys will come good.

Yet Dire Angus, goal aside, looked nothing like a football league player. Admittedly only about 4 of our current squad to, but even so, bringing in more rubbish to a team won’t make it any better.

This was the last chance to give us hope for next season.

A chance for Aspin to say I have had to play the old guard to avoid relegation but this is what we have on offer.

You have more chance of tying your shoe laces with your nose than you have on most fans taking season tickets.

We have a Vale legend in charge ( not for the first time)

He struggles to motivate a team. He says any one has a chance in the team but prefers the old journeymen.

Aspin will keep us in league two for the remainder of his contract.

Aspin has not got the tactical flair or know how of league football to get us any where near promotion.

Thanks for keeping us up Neil.

End of term report ok but could have done so much better .

I don't think it's fair to judge Aspin on this season in any way! He has made tactical mistakes, selection mistakes and yes, I dread the retirement home in the middle of the park, as much as the next guy.

But to say, he hasn't got the the tactical flair or know how, is just not true! He came here, inheriting a team of ***** (with a few exceptions). With one aim and one aim alone: to keep us in the League. And he delivered!

Did you expect us to do so, playing like Barcelona??? No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd!

I hope to God (even though I don't believe in him), that he will get the backing and has the skill and luck to get the players in he wants! But I have absolutely no doubt, that the Vale team taking the field on August 4th, will be very very VERY different in style and personel, to the team we have seen even today!

There's no getting around the fact that significant investment in the team has to be made this summer to bring in quality players from Lge1/2, particular a goal keeper, a center back or two, a creative midfield player and someone else who can score goals to play alongside Tom Pope. The spine of the team needs strengthening.

Aspin kept us up with games to spare. That is a massive achievement. Remember where we were at the start of October when he took over. Only five points and looking doomed as we'd hardly won any games for 12 months.

We will finish higher next season if NS backs Aspo to sign the players he wants. Our team has been significantly weakened in each of the last four transfer windows. While NS continues to own the club it is up to him to give Aspin a competitive budget and let him spend it how he wants. It's up to NS and his new marketing arrangements within the club to get messages out to fans over the coming weeks so that it gives us hope for a better season.

Compare our attendances to the likes of Accy and Wycombe. We should be competitive in this league.

No more bs now NS. Run our club professionally with purpose. Put up or sell up.

Archived