onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We hate Walsall! But ......

smithie

No. You can only judge if it has worked when you know what they were hoping to achieve. You're assuming it was to encourage future attendance. As if 1 game would achieve that. My take on it was that they wanted to help their team achieve 3 vital points to help avoid relegation....if so, it worked.

As did the free,yes free,Lincoln game at the Vale judging by the attendance v Carlisle.You could say it was £40 for last 3 Home games.Decent offer don’t you think?You are so anti-Vale it’s aswell you won’t be going next season.

Advert

You can only judge if it has worked when you see what the next Home attendance is.

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2018/april/northampton-ticket-offers/

Strikes me as an isolated simple offer for a must win match, rather than a long term campaign to attract more fans of the future Howjy. "With the Saddlers embroiled in a scrap for survival, Dean Keates’ men need your support more than ever". Hardly an approach that is to be judged in August when they next play at home. I can't believe you think that's what their aim was :laugh:

It was a good offer and it worked. Just accept it.

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2018/april/northampton-ticket-offers/

Strikes me as an isolated simple offer for a must win match, rather than a long term campaign to attract more fans of the future Howjy. "With the Saddlers embroiled in a scrap for survival, Dean Keates’ men need your support more than ever". Hardly an approach that is to be judged in August when they next play at home. I can't believe you think that's what their aim was :laugh:

It was a good offer and it worked. Just accept it.

It worked,no argument.It could also have backfired with 2000 Cobblers there.Vale’s offer worked ,we stayed up in a canter.Walsall could still drop?

As did the free,yes free,Lincoln game at the Vale judging by the attendance v Carlisle.You could say it was £40 for last 3 Home games.Decent offer don’t you think?You are so anti-Vale it’s aswell you won’t be going next season.

You don't get it Howjy, you really don't. I want our ticket offers to work. Now in my experience I've found that repeating past mistakes tends to see a similar outcome. It's called learning. Now there are examples of ticket offers that ourselves, and other clubs have carried out and they've actually worked. Walsall's was one of them.

To further highlight the fact that you're not that switched on when it comes to offers such as those we're discussing, you've;

- incorrectly come to the conclusion that the Lincoln game was free...think about it, it really wasn't.

- you've created another offer for 3 games at £40...we've established that tying multiple games together over a short period of time to make a saving doesn't work, it's failed before, it will fail again. Empathy is something you clearly lack...step away from your "attend every game regardless" mindset and put yourself in the shoes of those that these offers are meant to attract. If someone struggles to find the £20 to attend one game, where will they find £50/£40 to attend 3?

- and to further prove you're best kept as far away from any kind of task force to increase attendances as possible, you've ended that post stating that we're better off with a Vale fan not attending. Are there that many of us that we can afford to go without new customers?

Time to step away from this debate Howjy, you're having a shocker mate.

You don't get it Howjy, you really don't. I want our ticket offers to work. Now in my experience I've found that repeating past mistakes tends to see a similar outcome. It's called learning. Now there are examples of ticket offers that ourselves, and other clubs have carried out and they've actually worked. Walsall's was one of them.

To further highlight the fact that you're not that switched on when it comes to offers such as those we're discussing, you've;

- incorrectly come to the conclusion that the Lincoln game was free...think about it, it really wasn't.

- you've created another offer for 3 games at £40...we've established that tying multiple games together over a short period of time to make a saving doesn't work, it's failed before, it will fail again. Empathy is something you clearly lack...step away from your "attend every game regardless" mindset and put yourself in the shoes of those that these offers are meant to attract. If someone struggles to find the £20 to attend one game, where will they find £50/£40 to attend 3?

- and to further prove you're best kept as far away from any kind of task force to increase attendances as possible, you've ended that post stating that we're better off with a Vale fan not attending. Are there that many of us that we can afford to go without new customers?

Of course,I forgot, your ideas or should I say,the lack of them,make you the next Saatchi.1-0,FST relegated.

It worked,no argument.It could also have backfired with 2000 Cobblers there.Vale’s offer worked ,we stayed up in a canter.Walsall could still drop?

Right, there's bending the truth and then there's just plane and simple lying. Our offer led to;

- 163 people less than our season average home support turning up. Did that help us stay up?

- We lost money.

- We lost against Crawley.

- and just to be clear, if you think staying in L2 by a few points (maybe even 1 point by Saturday) is a canter, god only knows what our nerves will be like if it's a close run thing.

Walsall could still drop, you're right, but look at the table and the number of teams below them. It's unlikely to say the least.

Out of the list above, their offer led to increased attendance and helped them win a vital match. They ultimately lost out money wise, but their offer helped them potentially save a fortune.

I'm fighting a losing battle here as you simply refuse to get it. It's not rocket science Howjy. I've really tried my hardest to explain something extremely simple to you, but unfortunately it's just not sinking in.

Werent you saying our ticket offer vs burton was designed to attract long term fans but it looks to me like it was exactly what Walsalls was but for promotion instead of relegation? Cant have it all ways. Walsalls owner has some parallels to ours but you seem to think he is the best thing since buttered sliced bread? Confused you are pal!

Werent you saying our ticket offer vs burton was designed to attract long term fans but it looks to me like it was exactly what Walsalls was but for promotion instead of relegation? Cant have it all ways. Walsalls owner has some parallels to ours but you seem to think he is the best thing since buttered sliced bread? Confused you are pal!

I don't recall ever saying that the Burton match was part of a long term plan to attract fans.

I've never said anything about how Walsall is run as a club. To be perfectly honest I know jack **** about them. I'm suggesting this one offer was a good one, and it worked. Did their owner even come up with it?

Based on my replies above, pal, is it me that's confused, or have you jumped to conclusions and ran with them?

Was there not above average for our last 2 home games?:unsure.Or did we lose support?

What have our last 2 home games got to do with this discussion Howjy? The Carlisle match wasn't part of the offer that you're defending. The last home game always attracts more fans.

You asked earlier what my suggestions were, then incorrectly answered that I didn't have any...in truth, you just haven't seen them.

IF, we were to run any kind of offer over the last few games of the season, my suggestion was to not link them to each other. Isolate them. If the offer was £10 for a one off game, with a decent promotional push I think we could have seriously boosted the attendance for such a crucial game.

You're right Smithie, and this reply proves it. I think where I'm concerned, For Us All and RB are simply incapable of agreeing with anything, even the blatantly obvious. Their automatic stance is to disagree, regardless of the point made. Both WUMs, both incredibly sad.

What another garbage post from you.

Why are you the arbiter on football club promotions?

You say multiple match deals don't work.

I say single match deals don't work and we need to look at longer term deals in order to grow a fanbase.

Yet I'm a WUM who is disagreeing for the sake of it?

Why don't you block me for another half an hour until you calm down?

Right, there's bending the truth and then there's just plane and simple lying. Our offer led to;

- 163 people less than our season average home support turning up. Did that help us stay up?

- We lost money.

- We lost against Crawley.

- and just to be clear, if you think staying in L2 by a few points (maybe even 1 point by Saturday) is a canter, god only knows what our nerves will be like if it's a close run thing.

Walsall could still drop, you're right, but look at the table and the number of teams below them. It's unlikely to say the least.

Out of the list above, their offer led to increased attendance and helped them win a vital match. They ultimately lost out money wise, but their offer helped them potentially save a fortune.

I'm fighting a losing battle here as you simply refuse to get it. It's not rocket science Howjy. I've really tried my hardest to explain something extremely simple to you, but unfortunately it's just not sinking in.

Makes you wonder how teams ever win a game at full price?

Maybe Smurf should make every game £5 for the next 3 years, he'll make all the money back when we're in the Prem.

What another garbage post from you.

Why are you the arbiter on football club promotions?

You say multiple match deals don't work.

I say single match deals don't work and we need to look at longer term deals in order to grow a fanbase.

Yet I'm a WUM who is disagreeing for the sake of it?

Why don't you block me for another half an hour until you calm down?

You still are blocked, but I can see your posts in the app, which I'm now on. Trust me I wish it wasn't so. You offer nothing.

Archived