onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

lets be honest young lads in Thailand messing about and media storm blew it out of all proportion. Stupid and direspectful but never meant for anyones eyes other than a couple of mates. Poor judgement from the players but lads will be doing it all over the world and it wont be in the paper. Easy, lazy news and something personally I wouldnt hold against a player with a decent attitude and an understanding of the not making the same mistake twice. Imagine Gazza at his prime, Best etc.. in todays media world. Both would have been fired from multiple clubs for misconduct by the age of 24 and left on the scrap heap.
Yeah let's be honest. Who hasn't been racist and misogynist filming sex with girls with their mates for a larf. Nowt harm done, all a bit of #bantz. No need to call anyone out on it as others are doing it so it must be ok.

Jesus f**king wept. And I don't blame him.

Advert

Yeah let's be honest. Who hasn't been racist and misogynist filming sex with girls with their mates for a larf. Nowt harm done, all a bit of #bantz. No need to call anyone out on it as others are doing it so it must be ok.

No it’s not a case of not being called out the lads been sacked by his club, lost his livelyhood and had his name plastered all over the international press. If you think that’s not being called out then I don’t quite know what is

That's my view on it. He was 'punished' for what he did in the sense he lost his job at the time. That was 3 years ago. We've signed players before with worse baggage Lee Hughes, Luke Rodgers, Gary Roberts(who is a complete tosser by all accounts) and I bet there's more.

IF we were to sign him and he conducted himself well as a Vale player he'd get my full backing.

Depends on your viewpoint, if you are the billionaire owner of a football club and you invite all your players to celebrate a successful relegation battle to your own country, you expect a bit of respect. Thus punishment becomes severe, the manager also lost his job as a side issue. Ranieri was brought in and history was made. I would expect Aspin to be careful if Hooper is in the running.

True, we all know Aspin doesn't suffer fools though. Look at Regis!

Were you ok with Lee Hughes signing?

Personally I'd rather we didn't go there. What happened is not something I'd want the players that I support to be associated with but it's happened and we move on.

I wonder if Mark Ellis - signed for Tranmere today - was on our radar?

Personally I'd rather we didn't go there. What happened is not something I'd want the players that I support to be associated with but it's happened and we move on.

Ellis has never quite established himself fully anywhere. Maybe as a squad centrehalf but you'd hope we'd be looking at someone slightly better as first choice.

Ellis has never quite established himself fully anywhere. Maybe as a squad centrehalf but you'd hope we'd be looking at someone slightly better as first choice.

It’s always been Leon Legge to be honest. It’s just a case of WHEN it’s going to be announced not if.

Perhaps they may take Davis and Barnett off our hands.

Doesn’t seem as though Macc have followed up their interest.

Perhaps they may take Davis and Barnett off our hands.

Doesn’t seem as though Macc have followed up their interest.

You would think their agents were working overtime to get them signed up elsewhere. Why would they want to stay, at a place they've been told their not wanted? I sure as h.ll know I would be looking for a new job day and night!

You would think their agents were working overtime to get them signed up elsewhere. Why would they want to stay, at a place they've been told their not wanted? I sure as h.ll know I would be looking for a new job day and night!

even though you were still getting paid and didnt have to do a thing every saturday apart from turn up and sit on a bench for 90 minutes?

even though you were still getting paid and didnt have to do a thing every saturday apart from turn up and sit on a bench for 90 minutes?
I can understand that with barnett who's nearing the end of his career, but perhaps not Davis, whom you would hope would still want to make the best of his career. Might be wrong though. You never know with footballers and their mentality. After all, look at Jack Rodwell

Archived