onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Why he's a footballer is easy, good first touch, good range of passing and excellent finisher. What's more baffling is why he's never fully kicked on and has ended up unwanted at a non league team at a relatively young age. I have spent a life time expecting him to kick on to the next level only to be disappointed overall every season.

Ian Armstrong, George O Callaghan, Ashley Dodd and a host of other players in non league have a decent first touch, decent range of passing and know where the net is, it’s takes some balls, physical fitness and a will to win to make a pro. Louis Dodds has never been physical enough and goes missing when the balls are required. That’s why he’s not going to be successful pro and kick on. There’s players with less ability technically across all the lower leagues who have and will be far more successful purely because they apply themselves consistently and have that gear to setup. If he had Worrall, Hannants, Popes attitude he would be a player, but he’s a luxury, doesn’t that that application and turns up when he feels like it which is why he’s left out of teams 10-15 games into every season. No team can have a player who is unplayable 5 games a season and ineffective 20

Advert

Good post. Players I know who’ve played with him and against him really rate him for those reasons and also that he doesn’t allow you to get near him with that good first touch and one touch passing. Put the right players around him and he’s an asset.

But I don’t care whether we have him or not but I think a player with his qualities would be a good addition to the squad and gives us another dimension. If there’s another one out there with those qualities then that’s great too. We all can see how we’re crying out for someone with a bit of vision and cleverness up front and to link up the play.

Are you talking about the Louis Dodds whose best position is bench warmer. Obviously the people with rose tinted glasses can’t remember his one in five good games

Even at the Vale he was regularly warming the bench.

Now he has spent the last two seasons warming the bench at Shrewsbury and now is not wanted and can’t get his place in a non league team.Get over it and let us sign better players to improve the team not take us backwards.Dodds would be a waste of money and take up part of our miserly budget.

Are you talking about the Louis Dodds whose best position is bench warmer. Obviously the people with rose tinted glasses can’t remember his one in five good games

Even at the Vale he was regularly warming the bench.

Now he has spent the last two seasons warming the bench at Shrewsbury and now is not wanted and can’t get his place in a non league team.Get over it and let us sign better players to improve the team not take us backwards.Dodds would be a waste of money and take up part of our miserly budget.

TBH I would trust the opinions of people who’ve actually played with or against him over your bigoted views on certain players. I think he had some good qualities and is unfairly underrated.

But in case you hadn’t read things properly I’ll say it again, I don’t care whether we sign him or not, but I think we certainly need a player (any player) with attributes he has (or had) in our squad. Someone to link up play and be a bit more cleverer with an eye for a quick pass to open up a defence in and around the box, we don’t have that in the side right now and haven’t done for a while.

TBH I would trust the opinions of people who’ve actually played with or against him over your bigoted views on certain players. I think he had some good qualities and is unfairly underrated.

But in case you hadn’t read things properly I’ll say it again, I don’t care whether we sign him or not, but I think we certainly need a player (any player) with attributes he has (or had) in our squad. Someone to link up play and be a bit more cleverer with an eye for a quick pass to open up a defence in and around the box, we don’t have that in the side right now and haven’t done for a while.

There’s one little detail that you appear to be over looking. Since he was at the vale, shrews and Chesterfield there has never been a queue of clubs chasing his signature. Considering according to you he has this ability to split defences and is under rated why do clubs only lower than that vale look to sign him?

Surely the scouting networks that the midlands clubs in league 1 And championship have they would be crying out for someone who can split a defence, other posters talk about great first touch, knows where the net is etc etc but the bottom line is no body other than the bottom placed club in the whole football league thought he was worth bringing in and that speaks volumes. Never mind players who played with him this is every manager and coach across the entire football league decided he wasn’t needed in January bar the worst one.

My bigoted views like your one man crusade about Nathan Smith.

Would take Smith over Dodds any day.

Pot calling the kettle springs to mind.

You are right though (for once)any player would be better than Dodds.

79 goals in 465 games in a ten year career in the Football League isn't bad for a non-league player. Ten goals in League One in 2016-17, if he's done that from the bench then there should be a good long line of clubs willing to sign him. Still never let the facts get in the way of a good bashing eh?

Martin Allen has gone in to Chesterfield and put the whole squad up for transfer. Good idea from a manager who isn't afraid to be bold, clear out and start afresh. We probably can't afford Dodds on our budget, and he's nearly 32 anyway, but can we not talk complete ******** about players who have given this club years of service please?

79 goals in 465 games in a ten year career in the Football League isn't bad for a non-league player. Ten goals in League One in 2016-17, if he's done that from the bench then there should be a good long line of clubs willing to sign him. Still never let the facts get in the way of a good bashing eh?

?

Yeah there should be, but there never has been. Don't you wonder why? He was a league player for 1 in 5 or when his contract was up for renewal.

Having Dodds back as an option is fine aslong as he's happy play for peanuts so it wudnt damage the budget, he wudnt be a starter probably wudnt make the bench alot of the time but cud also be good around the dressing room cus heard many times that he's the practical joker and helps new players settle, so basically it's fine aslong as he doesn't want paying lol.

Yeah there should be, but there never has been. Don't you wonder why? He was a league player for 1 in 5 or when his contract was up for renewal.

How do people know what clubs want to/did want to sign him though? Shrewsbury are one game off the Championship so no shame in not getting in their first eleven. Chesterfield seemingly were willing to pay him a decent wage. Maybe he'll get a move back to the Football League but I'm hopeful Aspin and Rudge will find better value though

How do people know what clubs want to/did want to sign him though? Shrewsbury are one game off the Championship so no shame in not getting in their first eleven. Chesterfield seemingly were willing to pay him a decent wage. Maybe he'll get a move back to the Football League but I'm hopeful Aspin and Rudge will find better value though

Because he wouldn't have stopped at cash-strapped Port Vale for 8 years if there were offers from higher teams.

Archived