onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Louis Dodds coming in on loan

If this happens I actually feel a bit disappointed to say I told you so :doh: He's been hankering to come back for the last 6 months.

But even so, he still gets my support if and when he pulls the shirt on.

Advert

If this happens I actually feel a bit disappointed to say I told you so :doh: He's been hankering to come back for the last 6 months.

But even so, he still gets my support if and when he pulls the shirt on.

Won’t get my support at all, always goes missing when the chips are down and turns up once very 6 games

Dodds would be a great addition to the squad. Scores goals, links well with Pope, and has more creative quality than any of our other midfielders. His goals record for a lower division midfield player is very good. Just what we need. I'd be pleased with that.

But hopefully a couple of forwards also in the pipeline.

Dodds would be a great addition to the squad. Scores goals, links well with Pope, and has more creative quality than any of our other midfielders. His goals record for a lower division midfield player is very good. Just what we need. I'd be pleased with that.

But hopefully a couple of forwards also in the pipeline.

I don't disagree with any of that, we don't have anyone like that in the current squad.

After reading this I was speaking to a couple of Shrewsbury fans on the shop floor about him literally a few minutes ago and we all agreed about his qualities, but the drawback is how he will go missing for long periods. At our level I'm not sure we can afford players who are being carried for that long in a game.

A loan deal makes sense rather than permanent too I think.

OMG not this old chestnut again he's had his time here please Neil we want steel and quality in this division not someone who scores 8 goals a season against 4 teams and who's season starts 2 months before his contract is up. He tried his hand somewhere else and got found out because there wasn't the old boys network. I'd rather have a hot water bottle as a bench warmer.

I don't disagree with any of that, we don't have anyone like that in the current squad.

After reading this I was speaking to a couple of Shrewsbury fans on the shop floor about him literally a few minutes ago and we all agreed about his qualities, but the drawback is how he will go missing for long periods. At our level I'm not sure we can afford players who are being carried for that long in a game.

A loan deal makes sense rather than permanent too I think.

No it doesn't.

We do NOT want Dodds back. When he spent his latter years with us he went missing more times than he played well. He deteriorated badly and at Shrewsbury he did nothing spectacular so they saw through him and let him go. Then at Chesterfield he proved AGAIN he's well past his sell by date. He is not going to improve us, he will be a seat warmer at best and if we do sign him, or take him on loan it just proves absolutely to me how desperate we are and how far down the drain we've gone......even to consider him is madness, it really is. There has to be hundreds of better players out there. Sorry to knock a previous average player of us, but come on folks surely we should be signing players far far better than him? He maybe a good "clubman" but we want younger, better prospects than him.

Anyone who wants a progressive Club and Team at Vale should be able to realise he is not the answer. Please Aspin spend the money on someone else.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/neil-aspin-responds-speculation-linking-1596250

This was less than a month ago - if this Dodds rumour is true then Aspin has worked his way down (/had to chuck in the bin!) that shortlist fairly quickly!......wonder why that could be?! (maybe begins with 'w' and ends in 'ages'?!!)

Certainly an upgrade on barnet n forrester harness but agree we would need another as first 11 player

Dodds isn't an out and out striker so I am sure others would come in. Dont see the uproar if he's a cheap player to bring in and can give us something.

Dodds will pretty much be an unplanned addition to the squad, good for dressing room moral & decent bench warmer & useful to bring on in games to change things if needed, for a few hundred quid in wages doubt we'd get much better. I'm pretty confident this will be a last minute addition as Dodds has the one been pushing for the move & had to do the negotiations with Chesterfield to part pay wages.

Typical Vale if true. When he could have been very useful he left. Now we need change he could be back. It is Vale all over, it for me is not about Dodds it is about us encouraging supporters to buy tickets and not sure this sort of news does that.

Archived