onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

First on my shopping list would be Kyle Howkins, assuming he's available. I've been impressed by what I've seen so far and he's a player who could grow with us as we, hopefully, climb the league. After that there's gaps to fill all over the park, no area of the team has a fully balanced set of players to select from.

Also, can we give the Tonge bashing a rest? Whilst he may be past his best he was offered a contract last summer, signed it as anyone in his position would have and has been professional in fulfilling that contract. He's been available, has put effort in and has, by all accounts, been a good influence in the dressing room. It isn't his fault his best isn't as good as we need. If you want to pick on a player to lambast try Boneidle Barnett who's has one decent game against Exeter and has been here to doss about & collect a wage, or Rob 'Blue Badge' Lainton who, if he were a horse, would now be in a range of products such as glue, dog food and Tesco burgers.

Advert

Obviously we need players in several positions including G/k, Left back, centre back. midfield and a strike partner for Popey but top of my list would be a decent wideman on the left wing to provide Tom with a steady stream of crosses and if this is achieved I wouldn't bet against Tom bagging 30 goals next season.

I was looking at our 12/13 squad earlier. We had a strong keeper in Neal, animal centre half in Purse, proper left back in Jones, pace in the middle with Morsey, Burge(bless) Loft, width with JMW/Vincent, Goal scorers with Pope/Hughesy etc etc. There's the template , a strong spine mixed with experience and pace.

Think we will in the main all agree what we need certainly pace and strength in the middle and must be a few options kicking about , hope we can get some done early rather than wait until beginning of august but also leave room for 1-2 additions when the season gets underway so we don't end up with square pegs n round holes- will be interesting to see what happens with the loanees

For those of you lauding Ricky Millar perhaps they weren't in the same pub as me in Mansfield where he was supping pints of lager pre game.

The bloke has an impending court case I believe and is a 2018 Gary Roberts.

Steer clear of him.

As per thread

A goalkeeper ( Morris from Crawley )

Left back , despite Montano being a revelation.

Two centre midfielders

One striker

I was looking at our 12/13 squad earlier. We had a strong keeper in Neal, animal centre half in Purse, proper left back in Jones, pace in the middle with Morsey, Burge(bless) Loft, width with JMW/Vincent, Goal scorers with Pope/Hughesy etc etc. There's the template , a strong spine mixed with experience and pace.
Spot on !Micky Adams got slagged off by a few on here but what's happened since he left is down to one man.Almost bloody taken us to oblivion.It must never be repeated Norman!!!Thank God for Aspin and Rudge to steering us clear. Next season needs 100%effort from the top of the bottom of the club,including us fans.

No they're not. A non league side wouldn't pay close to what we do for a couple of our players....

Struggling to find the link however it was reported that several non league clubs had players on 2k plus a week and Eastleigh had some on 3k and one, a striker on 4k.

Dont forget Smurthwaite wouldn't pay Popey 4k.

The best option is to look at what Adams did last time.

The sort of players who have been good were those with good league experience who have fallen on hard times or were injured.

I am not convinced at this non league gems nonsense.

The likes of Colin Daniel, Calvin Andrew, and Ryan McGivern were not amongst our best players but still play at a higher level today because they had experience of better.

That sort of player may come in cheap and would be better than what we have.

Struggling to find the link however it was reported that several non league clubs had players on 2k plus a week and Eastleigh had some on 3k and one, a striker on 4k.

Dont forget Smurthwaite wouldn't pay Popey 4k.

Not sure if this is the link but it shows just how much money is being poured into non-league clubs.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/non-leagues-biggest-spenders-semi-11300824

The best story is the one about Ebbsfleet whose owner is so rich he forked out £5m to build them a new stand. It shows why it's so difficult to get back into the football league. With our resources, it's good job we haven't gone down!

Archived