onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

jim gannon appreciation thread.

the_tench

After the match on Saturday he told me that he had been made lots of promises by the Board and that he shouldn't have to work in an environment that he did.

Also said that he had seen no leadership in the Club in the last 3 weeks.

And also asked, rather poignantly now, if he could borrow my B&G scarf for Tuesday.

It didn't work out for him but he is merely a consequence of the incompetence and arrogance displayed by the Board.

In the cold light of day his statement rings true with me, I didnt like his manner or his man management skills or his team selections,there again I dont know what goes on behind closed doors.

There seems to be a culture of back stabbing at the Vale, we do have previous.

Glad hes gone, I truely believe he was a symptom of the boards incompetance, just hope and pray the board that have not shown any leadership in the last three weeks follow.

=========

Advert

After the match on Saturday he told me that he had been made lots of promises by the Board and that he shouldn't have to work in an environment that he did.

Also said that he had seen no leadership in the Club in the last 3 weeks.

And also asked, rather poignantly now, if he could borrow my B&G scarf for Tuesday.

It didn't work out for him but he is merely a consequence of the incompetence and arrogance displayed by the Board.

i concur alan,whilst gannon did himself no favours with his approach i think theres much more to this than meets the eye,similar to the sinnot situation.===

In the cold light of day, had Jim taken over a team struggling at the bottom instead of one doing well at the top, then things may have been different.

His stats, although poor aren't the worst managerial stats I'm sure.

However, his man-management skills, his demeanor, the things he said about players, fans and the backroom staff etc did him no favours whatsoever - however much 'truth' may hang on what he said.

If he was indeed 'promised' things from the board, he's certainly the next in a very long line of people to have been, and thus unceremoniously 'shafted' by them.

No doubt he'll be back with another team, win and duly stick 2 fingers upto us all. But that's football.

Bye Bye Jim, I aren't sad you have gone, more sadder you came.

Guest johnnydefault
Gannon's parting gift to us - an unfit team of demoralised huffers and puffers who've been told for the last 10 weeks that they're cr@p. Cheers Gannon

Surely they should've had a spring in their step and would have been bursting with desire to show how wrong 'the antichrist' ™ was?

Maybe they are crap anyway?

Glad he gone but cant help thinking he is going go somewhere and do a job. People seem to be forgetting fans loved him at Stockport, Peterborough and Motherwell. Peterborough and Motherwell wanted to tie him down to long term deals. I was impressed when he got hired but that slowly drifted away. He has proven he is a good manager apart from at the Vale. Lets hope we take the time to get the right candidate this time.

Archived