onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Safe standing

Jacko51

True there is always an element of risk in anything but you are saying music venues are safer than current football stadia because of the seats but wont be once so called safe standing is installed..

Not a music festival goer but how do rival fans of bands get segregated before during and after and how are they policed and stewarded and the general venue handled

No I’m saying music venues are less safe but there are no plans to make them all seaters.

However a good point was made about fans congregating in certain areas with safe seating, i hadn’t considered that and think it’s a good point. They do it with seating areas do definitely would with safe seating.

Advert

If standing was inherently unsafe it would be banned across the board.

Fairly sure that in our league there are more grounds still with standing areas than there are all seater stadia.

Related to the depth of the terracing and likelihood of it being full, can`t think of many L1/2 grounds likely to have significant surges. If so I think the capacity would be reduced.

precisely crewe should be bought to task and this was only a few weeks ago not 1989,burton a few yrs back,so much more work to be done-not against safer standing as such but really does need a lot more work 1-before it will happen 2-before it can happen
I wonder if Crewe or ELF have replied to e-mails etc yet.I have had no reply to mine sent directly to the club!

• 2 weeks later...

Fairly sure that in our league there are more grounds still with standing areas than there are all seater stadia.

Spot on,it's either safe or it isn't?

Half the clubs in League Two have standing areas.

Spot on,it's either safe or it isn't?

Half the clubs in League Two have standing areas.

Standing is safe when there is not an unsafe number of spectators in a standing area. Just restrict the numbers or increase the amount of crush barriers.

Standing is safe when there is not an unsafe number of spectators in a standing area. Just restrict the numbers or increase the amount of crush barriers.

Correct.No problem with limited safe standing.All ticket.Those who stand in seated areas must be made to sit or ejected.WBA away in the League Cup.I requested ,politely, that a person standing in front of me,to sit down.Reply “I’ve paid for this seat,I’ll stand if I like”.I then gave him a choice.

Probably ‘less safe’ would describe it better Santa.

With a few men and their dogs watching,Tone.

Correct Howjy,we'll lose Accrington this season and gain another one in Macc.Town.

Not too many in League One,the one that springs to mind is Bristol Rovers who play at the Memorial Ground which has a capacity of 12,296 but only 3,000 seats.They are averaging about 8,500 but I wouldn't like to be in there when it was full to capacity?

The others in League One don't really have a problem with their standing areas and the likes of Scunny,Posh,Fleetwood,Wimbledon and Rochdale will continue to struggle to fill their stadiums like a good many more.

Like you say,the majority are safe in our league because of the poor crowds.

Correct Howjy,we'll lose Accrington this season and gain another one in Macc.Town.

Not too many in League One,the one that springs to mind is Bristol Rovers who play at the Memorial Ground which has a capacity of 12,296 but only 3,000 seats.They are averaging about 8,500 but I wouldn't like to be in there when it was full to capacity?

The others in League One don't really have a problem with their standing areas and the likes of Scunny,Posh,Fleetwood,Wimbledon and Rochdale will continue to struggle to fill their stadiums like a good many more.

Like you say,the majority are safe in our league because of the poor crowds.

Macc always seems to feel a lot safer than Burton, maybe because its a bigger stand? Wimbledon was very safe as was Fleetwood.

Macc always seems to feel a lot safer than Burton, maybe because its a bigger stand? Wimbledon was very safe as was Fleetwood.

I saw a crowd surge in a Vale cup tie at Macc in the 80s demolish a wall. The surge was caused by Vale nutters trying to intervene when one of their number was arrested. Would rail seating have prevented it? Would normal seating? Of course not. The problem is crowd behaviour and always has been.

Archived