onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote: do you want Port Vale owner Norman Smurthwaite “gone”?

News Feed

Advert

What Barry said above! I assume "N" will be included when the results are revealed? Be interesting to do a poll at each turnstile tomorrow as people enter the ground. Sorry, I can't get there until kick off so I'm not offering!

I can say of my group of mates that I've watched the Vale with over the years: (cus I've asked them)

N =30

Want NS to go = 25

Want NS to stay = 0

Don't know = 5 (due to apathy)

Surprised me too. The fact that 29% are happy with Smurthwaite, the mind boggles. What are these people seeing that the majority aren't? What has Smurthwaite done to make them so happy with his ownership?

Those that represent a yes vote to KEEP Smurthwiate..........well I'd better not say exactly what I feel! I do appreciate each to their own and they may have some reason to support the man( friendship/business connection/arse licking etc) but really? How can anyone in a sane state of mind not accept that this Club is dying on its feet and will continue to do so under his tenure?

Mine is not a gut reaction. My opinion is based on the many, many slurs Smurthwaite has had at the fan base(his paying customers!!!) and his constant lies and statements that totally contrast with his previous utterings. He is ill and doesn't know where to turn to next to save face.

How can anyone believe anything he now tries to state? There comes a time when matters catch up with arrogant, self egotistical people....they get what they deserve eventually. It's simply painful from my point of view that as a loyal Valiant I have to accept he's here doing whatever he wants and he knows we can do very little about it other than to continually air our own beliefs in the hope that he may come out of his self inflicted coma and awaken to realise he honestly does not want to be here. If he could turn back time he would still be in cloud cuckoo land controlling whatever business he was involved in then, with no knowledge whatsoever of either Port Vale FC or the football world us fans love. Oh for a crystal ball eh? Smurthwaite please leave us alone, sell up and retire to enjoy your life. No need to inflict upon us good people of Port Vale any more despair. We've had enough of you. You tried but you will never gain the trust of us any more.

Those that represent a yes vote to KEEP Smurthwiate..........well I'd better not say exactly what I feel! I do appreciate each to their own and they may have some reason to support the man( friendship/business connection/arse licking etc) but really? How can anyone in a sane state of mind not accept that this Club is dying on its feet and will continue to do so under his tenure?

Mine is not a gut reaction. My opinion is based on the many, many slurs Smurthwaite has had at the fan base(his paying customers!!!) and his constant lies and statements that totally contrast with his previous utterings. He is ill and doesn't know where to turn to next to save face.

How can anyone believe anything he now tries to state? There comes a time when matters catch up with arrogant, self egotistical people....they get what they deserve eventually. It's simply painful from my point of view that as a loyal Valiant I have to accept he's here doing whatever he wants and he knows we can do very little about it other than to continually air our own beliefs in the hope that he may come out of his self inflicted coma and awaken to realise he honestly does not want to be here. If he could turn back time he would still be in cloud cuckoo land controlling whatever business he was involved in then, with no knowledge whatsoever of either Port Vale FC or the football world us fans love. Oh for a crystal ball eh? Smurthwaite please leave us alone, sell up and retire to enjoy your life. No need to inflict upon us good people of Port Vale any more despair. We've had enough of you. You tried but you will never gain the trust of us any more.

Agree with every word. In the same interview Smurthwaite goes from saying he's had enough of the criticism, to virtually pleading for fans to support him.

At the fans forum he; accepted responsibility for where the club finds itself, said Carol was right for the club, said the club is up for sale, refused to name a price, said he's staying to get us back into L1, and when asked what his vision for the club is said god willing we'll go up next season.

Based on all of that, a not so small minority support him. I know it annoys RB, SV1876 and For us All when I say his supporters aren't Vale fans, but is it any wonder?

Agree with every word. In the same interview Smurthwaite goes from saying he's had enough of the criticism, to virtually pleading for fans to support him.

At the fans forum he; accepted responsibility for where the club finds itself, said Carol was right for the club, said the club is up for sale, refused to name a price, said he's staying to get us back into L1, and when asked what his vision for the club is said god willing we'll go up next season.

Based on all of that, a not so small minority support him. I know it annoys RB, SV1876 and For us All when I say his supporters aren't Vale fans, but is it any wonder?

He can plead as much as he likes. Any respect I may have had for him gradually disappeared every time he opened his mouth to either slate us fans or tell yet more porkies. Even if by magic he changed personality overnight and bunged every penny he owns into Port Vale I will NEVER give him another chance as he's totally soured my feelings toward him. A leopard they say never changes it's spots!

He can plead as much as he likes. Any respect I may have had for him gradually disappeared every time he opened his mouth to either slate us fans or tell yet more porkies. Even if by magic he changed personality overnight and bunged every penny he owns into Port Vale I will NEVER give him another chance as he's totally soured my feelings toward him. A leopard they say never changes it's spots!

I agree 100% with your post. I will not spend another penny supporting his greed. As soon as he is gone I will gladly buy another season ticket and merchandise from the shop.

Dress it up however you like but you have no right to call other Vale fans scum or filth for having a different opinion than you.

Says the lad who called me a d**k. Put them stones down in your glass house. Unlike you I haven't targeted any particular individual, just those that support a man that is destroying the club.

Yes because of what you said and I stand by it, that wording makes you a dick. Supporting Smurf does not make you scum, filth or not a Vale fan. You want to calm it down a bit, I don't say anything on here I wouldn't say in the pub but I dare say you wouldn't go calling people scum or filth in the pub if they had a different opinion on Smurf than you. Wind your neck in a little bit eh its doing you no favours big man.

Yes because of what you said and I stand by it, that wording makes you a dick. Supporting Smurf does not make you scum, filth or not a Vale fan. You want to calm it down a bit, I don't say anything on here I wouldn't say in the pub but I dare say you wouldn't go calling people scum or filth in the pub if they had a different opinion on Smurf than you. Wind your neck in a little bit eh its doing you no favours big man.
And yet you're coming out of this really well? Wow. I'm the one that needs calm down?

yes very trying.

Archived