onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Was that the worst refereeing ever seen at Vale Park?

old sage

If we are honest we have seen some shocking referees this season but in my opinion the clown who officiated today sunk to the lowest depths. I don't like to think that a ref is deliberately making biased decisions but this numpty certainly had me and I'm sure many more wondering if that is the case.

I heard that he has be officiating in the Premiership well if this is the standard then God help football.

Neil Aspin seldom complains but I heard him say that when he asked the fourth official what the hell was going on and the reply was that he isn't used to reffing at L2 level. My goodness the rules are the same and like the Premier league we all play with a round ball!

Not only were many of his decisions wrong but the Crawley conmen and time wasters played him like a fiddle.

Shame on him and he needs removing from the Referees listings.

How much of a penalty was it ?

How often is a penalty given for a simple ball knocked into the box

Absolute garbage from the ref today and yes it is probably

the worst performance i have witnessed

I dont always complain about this but today Pope was completely

battered by the no. 15 almost every time yet he and other defenders for Crawley were hardly ever penalised.

One knock into our box and wow a penalty given

The refs second half showing was even worse.

Advert

I dont always complain about this but today Pope was completely

battered by the no. 15 almost every time yet he and other defenders for Crawley were hardly ever penalised.

Good point, that No.15 was like a threshing machine every time we had a dead ball and all Mr. Numpty Jones did was 'have a word' BUT with both him AND Pope. Since when was it ok to run around in the box doing a Bruce Lee / Jackie Chan impression as a dead ball is about to be taken? You wouldn't get away with that in the Sunday pub leagues.

I can't believe how awful the ref was. Can anyone tell me what Pope was booked for? I hope Aspin complains. The ref ruined the game for me and think we should have come back with at least a point if not all 3. The guy isn't fit to officiate a ladsndads game never mind a professional match

Also let's not be sexist and forget the lines person , she looked unfit to me and was also totally inept .

This won't go down well and I'll no doubt be called a sexist pig living in the 70's but it is an actual FACT that properly fit men are faster runners , so why is she even on the line ?

Ticks a few boxes for the PC brigade I guess

State of darren1810's comments. 2 likes as well. Christ. Can't really remember her making any particularly egregious incorrect calls, care to enlighten us Darren? I'm just a part of the PC brigade though.

Thought the officiating was fairly poor today but nothing out of the ordinary particularly. Thread seems a tad hyperbolic. Wouldn't feature amongst the worst reffing performances I've seen. It was better than the Chesterfield ref.

It got the the point in the second half where the crowd was that whipped up they were contesting even the most clear cut of decisions. The whole 'Pope gets nothing' issue is because Pope gives as much as he receives; they basically foul eachother so the refs give nothing. Its happened for 10 years now, I struggle to fathom how this still confuses people.

We lost the game cus we were dog in the 2nd half.

Mike Jones,hold your head in shame.

You certainly didn't know what you were doing and you're definitely not fit to referee.

We didn't deserve your incompetence today.Utter and complete shambles by you and your officials.

Don't ever come back to Vale Park.

Apart from the penalty (which I haven't seen, but we got lucky with a dodgy penalty vs Yeovil at home), what specific calls did the ref get very wrong today? It all went a bit handbags in the 2nd half but there wasn't a great deal I saw as apoplectically incorrect, as many are insinuating.

If the response is "Popey was getting battered from pillar to post" then I refer you to Tom's 400+ career games. There's a reason every ref on the planet doesn't give him decisions.

Maybe the boos and ironic cheers when she stuck her flag up ( eventually) went over your head Hagrid.

Missed one or two glaring offside decisions and needs a fitness regime.

But as someone rightly pointed out she was a million times better than the ref.

This site is about opinion pal, and your opinion that the officiating was ' fairly poor ' doesn't match 95% of the posters on here.

However that's your opinion just as my opinion is that she was poor also.

Final rant is that the rules are the same whether it's the World Cup Final or a pub league, so if they aren't up to Premier League they aren't up to refereeing full stop.

Maybe the boos and ironic cheers when she stuck her flag up ( eventually) went over your head Hagrid.

Missed one or two glaring offside decisions and needs a fitness regime.

But as someone rightly pointed out she was a million times better than the ref.

This site is about opinion pal, and your opinion that the officiating was ' fairly poor ' doesn't match 95% of the posters on here.

However that's your opinion just as my opinion is that she was poor also.

Final rant is that the rules are the same whether it's the World Cup Final or a pub league, so if they aren't up to Premier League they aren't up to refereeing full stop.

Thats all fair enough, just really didn't see the need in the comment regarding men being fitter than women, and therefore she should not be officiating.

I believe Sian Massey (a female) was consistently ranked as one of the most accurate officials in the Prem. The lady's performance today might have been due to the fact she wasn't very good, as opposed to her being a women.

Also let's not be sexist and forget the lines person , she looked unfit to me and was also totally inept .

This won't go down well and I'll no doubt be called a sexist pig living in the 70's but it is an actual FACT that properly fit men are faster runners , so why is she even on the line ?

Ticks a few boxes for the PC brigade I guess

Most linesman at V P would not be classed as properly fit men.

No issue today with the lines person on Lorne street.

She saw one foull the ref didnt see

Archived