onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Luke Hannant

Walka003

I loved Friday's win and I was there cheering the lads.I also enjoyed watching our Tom prove you wrong with your comparison in regarding him and Barnett. Regarding my final comment regarding Howkins do you believe that the Club will stump up the money to sign him?

No and no league 2 side would be able to. If we signed him it would be another loan deal or an a free.

Advert

Also said in January we didn't have a bad window and got absalutley slated on here.

Hannant as I said is clearly an improvement from before January.

Howkins is an improvement on Anderson.

We're not missing gunning as everybody has claimed for months and montano has been far better.

As for Hannant he's been brilliant from his first game it was clear he wanted to play for us and was up for it. Seems to be showing more quality as time goes by.

Also said in January we didn't have a bad window and got absalutley slated on here.

Hannant as I said is clearly an improvement from before January.

Howkins is an improvement on Anderson.

We're not missing gunning as everybody has claimed for months and montano has been far better.

As for Hannant he's been brilliant from his first game it was clear he wanted to play for us and was up for it. Seems to be showing more quality as time goes by.

Not necessarily saying you’re wrong, but if you’re right why has it taken 3 months to get a win after such a good December?

Pope is a good footballer. His control is good, he links play, holds the ball up well for us and scores loads of goals. He also does his fair share of defensive work.

I think Barnett has done alright last month or so. But can you honestly imagine where we'd be now of he'd been our striker all season and we'd not had pope?

Even though this is a Luke Hannant thread.

No comparison Tommy,one’s a rough ar5e the other is a better technical footballer.

I didn’t realise Popey is schizophrenic. Barnett is several leagues below Pope in every respect. Pope even after a hernia operation was more mobile and put more effort in than Barnett. Pope can hold up play, Barnett for such a big bloke is a powder puff of a forward. Pope best header in the football league, Barnett several miles behind him in that regard. Pope can see and make a pass Barnett can see it but not make it. Pope can finish Barnett yet to hit a barn door. I will give you that Pope lacks pace but that’s been his weakness since birth.

I didn’t realise Popey is schizophrenic. Barnett is several leagues below Pope in every respect. Pope even after a hernia operation was more mobile and put more effort in than Barnett. Pope can hold up play, Barnett for such a big bloke is a powder puff of a forward. Pope best header in the football league, Barnett several miles behind him in that regard. Pope can see and make a pass Barnett can see it but not make it. Pope can finish Barnett yet to hit a barn door. I will give you that Pope lacks pace but that’s been his weakness since birth.[/quote

I obviously watch different games.Hallucinations are part of my condition.Long live the Harry Kane of the EFL.**** me.

Hannant looks a good find, I just hope we can get over the line and stay up as Worrall and him will be key next season as a midfield threat. If we can keep Whitfield too?(we would have 3 very good attacking midfielders for league two level).

As regards Pope and Barnett there is no comparison in impact and ability for Vale at least. I think Barnett does have some good natural ability(most Shrewsbury fans thought the same of him, unfortunately they aren't too complimentary on the rest of his game, lazy and anonymous are two words I've heard from their fans I speak to regular) and I agree with Howjy he does win some useful headed flick ons but the other facets of his game are nowhere near as good as Pope and their respective career stats as strikers(i.e. goals) will almost undoubtedly show who is the better player I'd imagine?

Anyway that's not to say I don't like Barnett I actually don't think he's done too bad for Vale in the games I've seen him play(admittedly that isn't many) and he's started. Aside from the sitter on Friday he didn't have a bad game but he was rightly subbed for Whitfield although it was probably made slightly in sacrifice at the time!

Meanwhile...talking about Luke Hannant!!!

I said on here, after the Accrington game, during which he had taken a bit of a battering from the 2 defenders closing him down, that he would quickly become a player for us! He strikes me as more of a busier Bogie than an Andy Porter. Once he has added the goals to his game he will be worth a very tidy fee! On the other Aspo signings, it's pleasing to see most of them settling in now, after a bit of a shaky start...and the masterstroke of bringing Monty back to left wing back has pretty much silenced the "we miss GG" brigade. The stick that switch took has also died down. So, there is much hope for Aspo's summer transfer targets - there are good players out there, even in the lower leagues / higher reserve teams. I trust Aspo and Rudgie. UTV VTID

Archived