onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Australian cricket cheats

robf

Advert

It won't bother Smith or Warner about test cricket they will make millions out of the ipl and big bash cricket.Whoever is found guilty ought to be banned from test cricket for bringing the game into disrepute they have admitted they planned to tamper with the ball.They are a disgrace to the name of cricket they should go down in history alongside Maradona forever to be known as cheats.

Whilst on the subject of cricket and fair play, how is the infamous bodyline series of the 30’s seen in this context ? As expected, “fast leg theory” was seen as cheating by the Australians, especially their press. But doubters about the tactic existed even in the Tourist’s ranks, so much so that Gubby Allen even refused to bowl it ! Surely this went beyond the boundaries of fair play, or is it just a case of a means to an end. But it’s “not cricket” surely ?

It certainly isn't cricket RR: nor football; cycling; athletics, tennis, basketball etc. It seems to me the philosophy of 'If you don't cheat you're not trying' has been standard practice for goodness knows how long.

As for cricket? I lost interest after the underarm incident against NZ. At that time I could name chapter and verse all Australians wearing the baggy green cap. These days I'd be pushing it just to name a handful of them - and only then if they're West Australians.

When it comes to sport I have 4 loves: Port Vale F.C., Australian Rules football Clubs South Fremantle and Fremantle Dockers, and the Parramatta Rugby League Football Club where, not surprisingly, cheating to gain an advantage seems to be 'standard practice'.

I watched enough of the last ashes to convince me Smith and Warner are vile creatures who would try anything to gain an advantage over there opponents,There embarrassing news conference laughing about Bairstow did it for me,Smith especially is one weird man.

They have a win at all costs mentality,anything goes as illustrated by their sledging.

Barry, following the ball tampering stuff I was reading the reports in the SMH and The Age. It was wonderful to see that, judging from the hundreds of reader comments linked to the articles in them, the Australian general public demonstrates a much higher level of integrity than their cricket team.

Barry, following the ball tampering stuff I was reading the reports in the SMH and The Age. It was wonderful to see that, judging from the hundreds of reader comments linked to the articles in them, the Australian general public demonstrates a much higher level of integrity than their cricket team.

Jean. there was a time when most boys scoring a hundred in their backyards dreamed the dream of one day wearing the coveted baggy green cap. Not any more. These days Test cricket seems to be a 'filler' between the IPL and other $dollar rich competitions.

In short Jean, Australians have been turning away from seemingly 24/7 cricket.

More importantly Jean, most of us are super delighted our Australian Rules Football Competition is in full swing (Go Fremantle Dockers :yes: }

I don't think either Smith or Warner are the sharpest tools in the box which too a point has created a number of problems culminating in this for Australia. Smith in particular I've said from the moment he was first interviewed, regularly just comes over as a bit of dick if I'm honest as said above one of those people you could easily punch in the face. Sad for someone who has worked on his actual game very hard as he was bang average when he first became an international player.

Warner as proved by previous incidents(Joe Root a few years ago and squaring up to De Kock in this series) clearly isn't the brightest either and both appear to have installed a pretty poor culture in the Aussie dressing room, along with Lehmann who is another I'd trust as far as I could throw him and again has a face that needs a good slap. It actually surprises me that Cricket Australia picked Smith as captain as he clearly isn't the material for it, I guess it's the pitfalls of picking your best player and perhaps most entrenched member of the side over the player who would make a better captain but isn't so good?

Look, EVERY test playing nation “cheats” to some degree. It’s just that the smarter one’s get away with it, or it’s the lower ranked teams who continually lose so it is not an issue. Bangladesh for example claim a catch behind every time the ball passes the outside edge. To me, this is a non story as everyone is at it. The days of fair play have long since gone, even assuming that they ever existed in the first place.

It won't bother Smith or Warner about test cricket they will make millions out of the ipl and big bash cricket.Whoever is found guilty ought to be banned from test cricket for bringing the game into disrepute they have admitted they planned to tamper with the ball.They are a disgrace to the name of cricket they should go down in history alongside Maradona forever to be known as cheats.

HB, financially it's going to hurt them big time - Cricket Australia too with several 'Sponsors already cancelling contracts.

Cheating in sport is widespread, but when high profile sportspeople earning mega amounts of money get tumbled they'll get no sympathy from me.

Archived