onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Norman Fundraising Challenge

philmpv

Wonder why he says the fans should raise this ,

he is the business man , the font of all knowledge yet under his stewardship on/off pitch has gone backwards yet he seems perfectly comfortable supposedly shelling out each month..wonder why he doesn't raise money as he is the man apparently..its like the king of old calling out and taxing his peasants for a war chest ..

the man thinks he is untouchable whilst he hold us to ransom and cleans out the cupboard whilst claiming the fans at to blame.

norm just get out you have made enough

Advert

Wonder why he says the fans should raise this ,

he is the business man , the font of all knowledge yet under his stewardship on/off pitch has gone backwards yet he seems perfectly comfortable supposedly shelling out each month..wonder why he doesn't raise money as he is the man apparently..its like the king of old calling out and taxing his peasants for a war chest ..

the man thinks he is untouchable whilst he hold us to ransom and cleans out the cupboard whilst claiming the fans at to blame.

norm just get out you have made enough

The core of his argument is that he will not sell the club to someone who does not have the funds to cater with the deficit of running the club. How the club is currently structured financially and why he wants to stay I haven't a clue.

As much as I hurt and as much as I totally want Smurthwaite out of our Club, I am never going to give in to him by boycotting games or staying away until he's gone. He will never get that satisfaction of belittling us fans. I am here to stay, to support Port Vale F C. I will campaign against him if there are sufficient Valiants of a similar mind. I will continue to have my opinion that he's not wanted here. I will speak my mind. I will hold onto my belief that the man is deranged and not fit to be a Football Club owner or Chairman. He will not destroy my love of my Club. It's my opinion that trying to oust him by not attending is wrong. He will not care a jot if 1000 or less fans attend home games. He will continue to stick director loans on the Club and up the sale price even more. Smurthwaite has admitted now he's here at least until we are back in Division 1. He has NO intention of leaving so we are stuck with him. Therefore what options are open to sensible, fair minded, loyal Valiants to rid the Club of the egotistical, ignorant, unwanted by the majority walking disaster? We have to make him realise we don't want him, we have to run the gauntlet of the minority who will attempt to shout us down. Anyone have any honest, legal suggestions as to how we commence to get him to understand the feeling amongst us that want him out and that would snowball amongst the many who may have similar feelings to us and are waiting to join vast numbers to make it credible? Surely if a start is made and is seen to be organised properly then those that are sitting on the fence will also join forces to present a united, huge numbered stance.

Does anyone actually believe he would do one if that money was raised ?

It was just another of his throw away comments to make him look superior.

He's going nowhere,somehow he's doing ok out of us,dont ask me how, but if was losing the kind of money he says he is any sensible business man would cut and run,and let the new owner worry about the future.

i know it will never happen and i know some of the comments i'll get but for me its Robbie Williams time now. we need him to buy the club not to bank roll us with his money but i just think he'll get the fans back in the ground and just having him owning the club would bring in extra money from sponsors etc

In truth AP, and in my opinion, Robbie doesn't need the hassle of buying PVFC. He is far more relaxed these days.

Also - and as we all know - football honeymoons these days for owners, managers and players are virtually non existent with instant success demanded.

Is the 800k for the club and he keeps the ground.

Why would you sell to the fans when Synectics have offered more.

Rob F should make contact and ask him to clarify the situation.

He will Sh@t himself if he thinks we are serious.

Again he is contradicting himself by saying he would sell to the fans as there would not be extra money to support the team if they are losing what he says.

Call his bluff.

Good question EMR :yes:

The core of his argument is that he will not sell the club to someone who does not have the funds to cater with the deficit of running the club. How the club is currently structured financially and why he wants to stay I haven't a clue.

Absentee landlord comes to mind Fosse. Plus, how does he know other bidders capacity to buy and fund a football club?

Guest TommyMac

I'll say it again. Smuthwaite did NOT say he will go if £800,000 is raised or someone comes along with that amount. He said he will go if 3000 die-hard vale fans EACH pay £270 to keep the club afloat over the close season. He is saying he will go if the strength of feeling against him is such that 3000 fans will pay £270 to see the back of him. :banghead:

He knows that won't happen because he has more supporters than some on here will admit.

I'll say it again. Smuthwaite did NOT say he will go if £800,000 is raised or someone comes along with that amount. He said he will go if 3000 die-hard vale fans EACH pay £270 to keep the club afloat over the close season. He is saying he will go if the strength of feeling against him is such that 3000 fans will pay £270 to see the back of him. :banghead:

He knows that won't happen because he has more supporters than some on here will admit.

Why don't we raise the money but not give it to the club, commission a statue of a massive smurf for the park across the road with an appropriate message of disapproval attached.

Keep giving him your money and the pain will continue.

The longer this drags on the more fans we will lose and trust me once you get used to not going, it's very easy to switch off from the whole shambles and do other things with your time and money.

*********A RALLYING CALL*************

Guys you are debating over semantics instead ideas on how to get rid of ****. The sentiment of the OP is right and is a decent idea, not sure how it would work in practice though.I think we really need to turn up the heat with peaceful protests as a start.

I think we need to really bring the plight of the club into national attention and up the ante with protests to make very clear visible statements.

Ideas -:

Barracade the entrance on match day into the ground to force kick off delays.

No fans enter the ground on match day until a certain time period after kick off.

Co-ordinated pitch invasions with sit down protests.(ironically like Coventry)

I wouldn't normally advocate such extreme measures like this but now is the time for action.We can no longer sit back and let this man kill OUR club whilst we argue amongst ourselves.The time has finally come for all Vale fans to unite,stsand together, be loud and force this man out of OUR club.

Now as I've said before I refuse to set foot in VP whilst he is owner and didn't renew my ticket since the 85 season, which is my own personal protest, but having read the points from the meeting the time has come for pro-active action.

We can no longer sit back and watch OUR club die. #smurfout

*********A RALLYING CALL*************

Guys you are debating over semantics instead ideas on how to get rid of ****. The sentiment of the OP is right and is a decent idea, not sure how it would work in practice though.I think we really need to turn up the heat with peaceful protests as a start.

I think we need to really bring the plight of the club into national attention and up the ante with protests to make very clear visible statements.

Ideas -:

Barracade the entrance on match day into the ground to force kick off delays.

No fans enter the ground on match day until a certain time period after kick off.

Co-ordinated pitch invasions with sit down protests.(ironically like Coventry)

I wouldn't normally advocate such extreme measures like this but now is the time for action.We can no longer sit back and let this man kill OUR club whilst we argue amongst ourselves.The time has finally come for all Vale fans to unite,stsand together, be loud and force this man out of OUR club.

Now as I've said before I refuse to set foot in VP whilst he is owner and didn't renew my ticket since the 85 season, which is my own personal protest, but having read the points from the meeting the time has come for pro-active action.

We can no longer sit back and watch OUR club die. #smurfout

Why did you stop renewing in 85? And how good would it have to get for you to renew?

Archived