onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Norman Fundraising Challenge

philmpv

Guest TommyMac

For god's sake people, read what Smurthwaite said and then read between the lines. He will go if 3000 die hard Vale fans EACH pay £270 to keep the club going through the close season. Fundraising £800,000 does not meet the criteria he set for him to go and neither is he offering to sell for £800,000.

He knows full well there aren't 3000 Vale fans willing to each donate £270, I doubt there are 300. Sadly, but realistically, he still has a significant number of supporters amongst the Vale faithful.

He may as well have said he will go when his auntie grows balls.

Advert

Say the fans raise £800k - what does this change materially as far as NS is concerned? Does it lower his asking price? How does it work?

Equally, a buyer, such as Synectics but in theory anybody, could come along, meet the asking price, look through the books, look at the forecast and demonstrate that they have the working capital to see the club through the close season. In that scenario, nobody would have to raise a penny.

If NS is being genuine about this offer then he should meet with a representative of the supporters and flesh out the details.

To me it is an angle that NS has taken previously, buyers have come with sufficient to buy the club but without the means to run the club. Say the current shortfall is £800k, then fans would need to put in £800k per season until the economics of the club were improved. The fan`s reps would need to be convinced by the buyer that they were capable of reducing the annual deficit pretty sharpish, before agreeing to the sale. Similar in a way to the membership scheme where money was deposited in a Hanley building society. Just an idea, lots of loop holes, needs NS to confirm this is what he is thinking of.

i know it will never happen and i know some of the comments i'll get but for me its Robbie Williams time now. we need him to buy the club not to bank roll us with his money but i just think he'll get the fans back in the ground and just having him owning the club would bring in extra money from sponsors etc

If, as Norman says, the club is losing around £150k per month and needs about £800k to tide us over in the Summer, would any right minded person want to keep ownership/control of that business. Secondly, would any right minded person want to buy it.

Either he is making money somewhere out of the business but won't admit it or he realises what a balls-up he has made when buying it and hopes it goes out of business so that he can sell off the land. Whichever way you look at, he holds all the cards and he knows it. No business can run making constant losses of £2 million per annum whatever he says.

Is the 800k for the club and he keeps the ground.

Why would you sell to the fans when Synectics have offered more.

Rob F should make contact and ask him to clarify the situation.

He will Sh@t himself if he thinks we are serious.

Again he is contradicting himself by saying he would sell to the fans as there would not be extra money to support the team if they are losing what he says.

Call his bluff.

I dont have much but i will put a fiver a game to it .

He needs to go .

While he remains the gates will get lower and lower although thats not directly his fault as he cannot kick the ball but he has upset far to many folk for this club to peservere with him .

Smurf out

Is the 800k for the club and he keeps the ground.

Why would you sell to the fans when Synectics have offered more.

Rob F should make contact and ask him to clarify the situation.

He will Sh@t himself if he thinks we are serious.

Again he is contradicting himself by saying he would sell to the fans as there would not be extra money to support the team if they are losing what he says.

Call his bluff.

No, the £800k is the running costs of the club in the Summer, which any buyer of the club would have to find in addition to the purchase price, whether or not that included the ground or not, as I read his musings.

Anyone who gives money to the blubber monster will never see anything for it, including him going.
One way would be a loyalty card, giving discount on STs for 10 years or whatever, the money would be to the buyer not NS as it would be for running costs after he has sold.

If by some miracle £800,000 was raised then Smurthwaite would deny ever saying it, or twist it in some way to suit his current agenda. This is pure fantasy stuff. He is saying instead of protesting against me fans should be having a whip round for me, and people are taking this seriously? What's going on?!

It's like the CEO of an arms company saying why don't peace protestors raise a few hundred million for me then i won't have to make missiles for a few months and we can give world peace a try. Absolute drivel.

Archived