onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Norman Fundraising Challenge

philmpv

I know I'll probably get castigated for this, but given the obvious strength of feeling against Norman now, and bearing in mind his very clear challenge for the fans to demonstrate their discontent with him by raising an amount equivalent to the alleged annual losses, is there no possibility that a trusted person (possibly Rob F?) could arrange for a specific fund be started to try to raise the money and, once the money is raised (if it is), then approaching Norman to the effect that 'look, the fans have met the challenge, the money is here, so are you willing to stand by your challenge and now sell the Club?'. If he said no, then that would have called him out good and proper. However, if he said yes, then subject to an agreement being reached on the terms of any sale (such as a minimum sale price, for example, and complete transparency on any bids and negotiations), the money raised would be paid to the Club upon the completion of the sale? I'm not in any way saying give Norman the money there and then (or at all), it's more a demonstration of the fans intent and feelings. If the required funds weren't raised then, obviously, all donations could be refunded (subject to any reasonable expenses incurred by the trusted person being deducted).

Perhaps if all people donated their intended season ticket monies for next season to the fund rather than actually buy a season ticket this would raise the money required in short order. Then again, he would probably say then that as the Club hasn't sold the seaso tickets, the losses are more so he would require more!

Probably stupid, but just thinking out loud.

Advert

I don't have much money since opening my business but I would happily put a bit into an account providing it is only given to the club when he's gone. He has to sell though.

Perhaps season tickets would be a good option if followed through

But - he has to sell the club and be gone. No ifs and buts. Just gone.

I know I'll probably get castigated for this, but given the obvious strength of feeling against Norman now, and bearing in mind his very clear challenge for the fans to demonstrate their discontent with him by raising an amount equivalent to the alleged annual losses, is there no possibility that a trusted person (possibly Rob F?) could arrange for a specific fund be started to try to raise the money and, once the money is raised (if it is), then approaching Norman to the effect that 'look, the fans have met the challenge, the money is here, so are you willing to stand by your challenge and now sell the Club?'. If he said no, then that would have called him out good and proper. However, if he said yes, then subject to an agreement being reached on the terms of any sale (such as a minimum sale price, for example, and complete transparency on any bids and negotiations), the money raised would be paid to the Club upon the completion of the sale? I'm not in any way saying give Norman the money there and then (or at all), it's more a demonstration of the fans intent and feelings. If the required funds weren't raised then, obviously, all donations could be refunded (subject to any reasonable expenses incurred by the trusted person being deducted).

Perhaps if all people donated their intended season ticket monies for next season to the fund rather than actually buy a season ticket this would raise the money required in short order. Then again, he would probably say then that as the Club hasn't sold the seaso tickets, the losses are more so he would require more!

Probably stupid, but just thinking out loud.

Issue is, is that Norm worked it out under the assumption that all 3,000 diehards would put the money up. We all know that a vast majority won't go without a season ticket, regardless of the state of the club. A few big donations would be needed.

Also, I want this guy out with as little money as possible. The audacity of him to ask for £300 from fans who probably don't have loads of money to spare as it is. £300 each to basically fund his incompetency, so he can then leave which as much dollar as he can. Its not on.

It all sounded very muddled.

So the £800k gets raised - then what?

He said that he would go.

But who would take over if there is not a suitable buyer with 'the means'?

I think that he is just showing his power of his money over us poor Pottery people whom he knows would not produce the capital that he asks for. Just another thoughtless arrogant quirp from the twerp.

He would then only want £4 million off a buyer instead of £4.8 million

Absolute garbage spoken again but at least I now know why he agreed to meeting

Wish I had a chance to ask :

If we are £1.2 million short this year, how did he budget for this season

because to break even this year we would need an extra 2500/3000 extra walk ups

for every single game

Perhaps he really believed Brown after all and believed we would be 15 points

clear at the top by now

Just forget the fans for a moment, what is HE doing to make us

more successful off the pitch. Surely this shortfall of £1.2 million

is down to off field finances too.

Exactly, there were so many instances where he contradicted himself. On the one hand he says raise £800k through ST sales and I'll go, and on the other he says he's not going anywhere until he gets us back to L1.

At one point he said the club was now losing £140-180k a month, (when the previous amount a few years ago was £80k a month), but later on he said he didn't regret reducing the clubs outgoings when asked if he regretted how he handled Tom Pope's departure a few years ago.

He either forgets the lies that come out of his mouth, or he's thick and doesn't understand that £140-180k losses are approx double the previous losses.

Regarding the op, I really like the principle, but I just can't see it happening unfortunately. Not a dig in any way, I genuinely think it's a great idea if it worked.

He would then only want £4 million off a buyer instead of £4.8 million

Absolute garbage spoken again but at least I now know why he agreed to meeting

Wish I had a chance to ask :

If we are £1.2 million short this year, how did he budget for this season

because to break even this year we would need an extra 2500/3000 extra walk ups

for every single game

Perhaps he really believed Brown after all and believed we would be 15 points

clear at the top by now

Just forget the fans for a moment, what is HE doing to make us

more successful off the pitch. Surely this shortfall of £1.2 million

is down to off field finances too.

I thought the same. Is this him basically saying that his asking price is:

The original £1.25m + directors loans of £3.4m + £800,000 to keep the club running over the summer?

So £5.45m. Great.

I've just watched the recap on Sentinel website and my blood is still boiling. He's constantly patronised us in the past about our working class area of which money is very important to us all. Now the idiot throws out a challenge to fans to prove they want him gone. Many struggle to pay their household bills so it's a no brainer for the no brainer Smurf. Let's hope for a business to take him up on the offer and send him to Coventry! !

he did not say raise 800k and he would go . what he said was show me how much you want me gone and raise 800k to keep the club afloat . lets say we raised the 800k , do you think he would sell ? well of course he wont , question is why ? anyone think it's his good character and that he is an honourable man ? NAH ME NEITHER .

as a successful businessman "his words" he thinks losing 160k per month is just fine , "it's football" just add it to the loan debt . strange how we are losing money hand over fist have a dog dirt squad and when it comes to trying to sign quality we never have the funds . the bloke couldn't run a bath. never thought he could achieve it but he is getting close to outdoing v2001.

I very much doubt it would...but if it meant him going & Synectics getting their chance to take control, I would gladly put it in.

Honestly think we'll be in non-league if he stays within the next few years (if not this season), & Port Vale staying in the league is worth more to me than a few hundred quid.

Say the fans raise £800k - what does this change materially as far as NS is concerned? Does it lower his asking price? How does it work?

Equally, a buyer, such as Synectics but in theory anybody, could come along, meet the asking price, look through the books, look at the forecast and demonstrate that they have the working capital to see the club through the close season. In that scenario, nobody would have to raise a penny.

If NS is being genuine about this offer then he should meet with a representative of the supporters and flesh out the details.

Archived