onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dior Angus to Tamworth on Loan

PV1973

Advert

This is part of the problem and a serious issue I have with Aspin. Even if he is on a pittance wage, that is still a wage we are effectively paying Tamworth each week and all the other weeks he has contributed nothing.

All of these so called gems are miles off being any good.

The fact he is going to Tamworth means he is sub conference level!!!

I mean he isn’t ever going to be good enough for league football anytime soon.

Even if we keep paying him at a mere £200 a week, 3 seasons of that will cost us over £30k!! As he is a striker it is more likely he is on between £300-500 then he could get as much as £78k out of the club.

Keep your wig on TJH. Another way of looking at it is that we have seen the promise, are building him up within the club, and loaning him out just to get some games. Did you really expect to acquire a barnstorming striker ready to slot instantly in to out tem and drag us up the table on the buttons Aspin has been given? He may cost us £30K over three seasons, or he may be sold for a lot more once he has achieved his potential. We simply have to take these gambles because we are skint - no good werriting about the wages, it's where we are at.

Keep your wig on TJH. Another way of looking at it is that we have seen the promise, are building him up within the club, and loaning him out just to get some games. Did you really expect to acquire a barnstorming striker ready to slot instantly in to out tem and drag us up the table on the buttons Aspin has been given? He may cost us £30K over three seasons, or he may be sold for a lot more once he has achieved his potential. We simply have to take these gambles because we are skint - no good werriting about the wages, it's where we are at.

TJH sees no positives in anything Port Vale at the minute, some of it is understandable but when you start looking for negatives in things like this then you know you are scraping the barrel and making yourself look a bit of an idiot at the same time. It also undermines the real negative stuff that is going on at the club at the minute.

And £200 a week! What is he a first year apprentice painter and decorator!?

TJH sees no positives in anything Port Vale at the minute, some of it is understandable but when you start looking for negatives in things like this then you know you are scraping the barrel and making yourself look a bit of an idiot at the same time. It also undermines the real negative stuff that is going on at the club at the minute.

And £200 a week! What is he a first year apprentice painter and decorator!?

Exactly. Obviously he is on more, but I thought a low, conservative estimate would show it is still money wasted.

I just believe that given we already had a big squad, throwing away and commiting more thousands of pounds to a guy playing in the 6th tier is not a good use of money.

Not buying anyone would be just as effective given his contribution and would have been free. Then that money could go towards someone good.

I’m sure Gavin Gunning would have stayed for an extra 10k per year.

I honestly don't see it as money wasted TJH - just a bit of speculation on someone who has been spotted as a potential talent. Having him here means we have to pay him, but he may yet be one for the future - and we need to get fresh talent in. It's relatively small beer, and i know we're not flush at present, but if Rudgie and Aspo wanted him, that's good enough for me. More of a worry to me is the lad Regis.

Aspin clearly stated in an interview that Angus is one for the future. He has been around the squad to get used to being a professional footballer rather than semi. During that time, they will look at how he is performing and adapting to the changes. They will look at the progress he is making. If he is to play a part next season, he needs minutes on the pitch to showcase what he can do and to develop further.

This loan gives him the opportunity to go out and get game time in competitive games. Due to league rules, he has to be loaned to a club outside of the football league and I assume we would want him going somewhere local to allow us to keep an eye on him closely. If you look at the national league, there are few local teams for him to have gone to. Chester, they have given up on the season and preparing for next so wouldn't aid his development. Macc Town are flying in the conference so would be unlikely to want to unsettle that, so that wouldn't benefit anyway for him to sit on their bench. Tamworth are in National North mid table(ish) and has a very good chance of getting a run of games. The club may have taken the decision to send him to Tamworth if they liked how they have treated other players i.e. Dan Turner.

It seems we are just looking to pick out a negative when actually a player wants to go out and get games under his belt to push for a starting place in the vale side. That should be commended rather than criticised as it shows an eagerness to learn, work hard and develop, rather than just pick up his pay packet (which no-one knows how much he is earning).

For what it is worth, get your head down and work hard, your chance will then come Angus. Hopefully, you can get some performances and come back to us a better player ready for next season.

I appreciate the points, and I really hope he can come good. I just don’t have the optimism. I agree, my outlook is a negative one.

However Aspin can’t sit there sipping bottled lager as he did last night and applaud Smurf when the same man is losing the club £100,000s per week.

If he seems to be willing to accept that as a working commitment, then he has to be careful taking money on such punts.

In 2004-05 my team photo on my wall shows a league 1 outfield team of 18 players.

We have around 30 today based on counting the back of the recent programme.

We have at least 5 non league wonders that Aspin has signed and by a conservative estimate of the £200 per week at £11k per year, that’s £55,000 per year.

That’s 1 very good league 2 player.

I appreciate the points, and I really hope he can come good. I just don’t have the optimism. I agree, my outlook is a negative one.

However Aspin can’t sit there sipping bottled lager as he did last night and applaud Smurf when the same man is losing the club £100,000s per week.

If he seems to be willing to accept that as a working commitment, then he has to be careful taking money on such punts.

In 2004-05 my team photo on my wall shows a league 1 outfield team of 18 players.

We have around 30 today based on counting the back of the recent programme.

We have at least 5 non league wonders that Aspin has signed and by a conservative estimate of the £200 per week at £11k per year, that’s £55,000 per year.

That’s 1 very good league 2 player.

I understand your concerns but your figures seem a million miles off to me. Who are these very good league 2 players you can get for £55k a year?? We have to be looking to find some non league gems in our position and sometimes the gamble won't pay off but you have not seen this lad play and if you saw his sub appearance you haven't seen anywhere enough to make the assertion he is and never will be good enough. If Rudge or/and Aspin think he has the potential to be good enough then that will do me. Not sure why you think differently.

Archived