onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Q&A with Norman Smurthwaite - Supporters Club Mtg

robf

Advert

Congrats to NS. I'm even more depressed after the meeting than before it.

He threatened us with administration about 20 times last night but the ONLY positive aspect is that to do so would cost him £M's and he ain't gonna do that.

He's arrogant, deluded and incompetent, yet still a few nobheads getting all teary about him saving the Club.

He offers no hope, hates the fans and maintains he's a successful businessman in offshore accounts. Ahem.

He even has the audacity to say that Synectics can't afford to run the Club. This from a man who has accumulated £4M of debt via HIS incompetence.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's mentally ill.

I just wish that Synectics would come out from the undergrowth and be a bit more Mo-like in the PR stakes.

He threatened us with administration about 20 times last night but the ONLY positive aspect is that to do so would cost him £M's and he ain't gonna do that.

He's arrogant, deluded and incompetent, yet still a few nobheads getting all teary about him saving the Club.

He offers no hope, hates the fans and maintains he's a successful businessman in offshore accounts. Ahem.

He even has the audacity to say that Synectics can't afford to run the Club. This from a man who has accumulated £4M of debt via HIS incompetence.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's mentally ill.

I just wish that Synectics would come out from the undergrowth and be a bit more Mo-like in the PR stakes.

Not on the Christmas card list then,Alan?I think the last part may be tricky due to Carol Shanaghan’s involvement with the Foundation.Nice to have a chat on Tuesday.

They obviously liked what they heard.

Most politicians tell porkies and many people applaud what they say, but most people can tell when a person is lying. Especially when a person has a history of broken promises, deceit and lies.

I thought it before but that meeting proved conclusively for me that Smurthwaite is ill. He is deranged. He has mental issues. He needs medical help. After he's pissed off hopefully. Anger doesn't come into it as far as I am concerned. My feelings run far deeper and blacker than that. Only way he will go is if fan base galvanize itself and forces him out with a continuing campaign against him. I am against violence but what else have we got Valiants?

The over riding sense of anger, frustration, apathy etc that fills me at the moment , the question is now what ?

Where do fans groups, supporters, etc go from here. This guy is going nowhere and his diatribe against anyone who challenges his views almost seems to me if you don't like it then you know what to do .

I just do not know what the future ( if any ) is for OUR club.

Yes we may survive by limping over the line but we are the next York City, Stockport in waiting under the current incumbent.

Just as a side show, this was apparently posted by Graham McGarry.. If so he should be sacked immediately...end of

Main Stand

@crewemainstand

Follow Follow @crewemainstand

More Main Stand Retweeted BBC Radio Stoke

Looks like a national front night in the back of a backstreet streetMain Stand added,

BBC Radio Stoke

Verified account

@BBCRadioStoke

Main headlines from @smurfpvfc at #Vale Park so far... #PVFC

# If the right person comes along, he’ll sell the club…

1:46 pm - 22 Mar 2018

1 Retweet 2 Likes Mark MoretonPhil BedfordGraham McGarry

1 reply . 1 retweet 2 likes

Reply 1 Retweet 1 Like 2

Sorry i don't know how to do the proper link, basically McGarry re-tweeted this and liked it. Presume accidentally.

The most galling part of the evening was Norm's own free admittance that he had a lot of money in offshore accounts and funds (tax management, I think he called it), which is basically morally bankrupt tax avoidance.

He then went on to ask all 3,000 fans to give him £300 to fund the club over the summer, then he'll leave.

Doesn't even have the morals to pay his taxes, but is more than happy to ask working-class Vale fans for £300 so he can go golfing in Portugal.

And people clapped him

Its a shame Carol works with the Foundation as I'd love Synectics to come out and respond to some of the claims made by Norman last night.

The man is a serial liar, tripping himself up over his own past lies and then getting a bit angry about people challenging him.

Best part of the evening was the woman who, with no exaggeration, starting crying saying how grateful she was to Norm for saving the club and her heart wants him to keep going.

She followed this up by saying "you know nothing about football". Beautiful.

It was reminiscent of a Kim Jong Un parade in Korea, with all the crying women bowing at his feet despite living in abject poverty.

I'm taking the banter route. The club's finish so I might as well enjoy the final ride. The fans aren't going to galvanise together, the fans aren't going to force change. I honestly hope Aspo keeps us up and leaves, he deserves better.

Also enjoyed him outright calling Jean (Jean!!!!) a liar and that she was committing 'total fabrication'.

Jean then read out an email from Norm validating what she said.

Stumbling, the ************ spluttered out "I thought you meant something earlier".

Sure you did Norm.

I spent last night looking through Mike Baggaley's excellent blog, and from simply reading through everything, the arrogance and ego of the man had me infuriated.

I got the impression that he was completely bewildered as to why he had to answer questions from fans. Like it was none of our business, a phrase he used when answering questions about the value of the club.

On that point, he used the analogy of how people would react if someone asked you how much your house was worth. A few seconds prior to which he'd said that the club was up for sale. Now, I've seen people say they wouldn't publicise the value of their business prior to negotiations, fair enough...but it's the analogy that bothers me, and makes me wonder about his levels of intelligence. If I was to say that my house was up for sale, I would get it valued, and then publicise that value through an agent. People make an offer and I either accept or refuse it.

Selling a house and selling a business are no where near similar, suggesting they are so surely leaves you questioning what, if anything, is going on upstairs.

The fact that things remained relatively calm on the night despite the antagonistic and provocative approach Norman adopted speaks volumes about the people in attendance. They showed a level of class that Norman could only dream of. Not to mention the fact that they were faced with a sizable minority of fellow "fans" that for some reason actually still support the man. This is a man that has taken a debt free, top half L1 club, and;

- taken it to the brink of exiting the FL

- destroyed it's reputation

- divided the fan base from a position of unity

- riddled us with debts

- created a scenario where we're losing £140k a month

- separated the ground from the club

- regularly insulted and abused fans

- seen a drop in home support from over 8k for some games to less than 3k on occasion now

There are so many more I'm sure.

And yet, there are some out there that not only support him, they scorn on those that don't. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these people are NOT Port Vale fans. They, in my eyes, are the lowest of the low, and should be completely ashamed of themselves. They are either benefiting directly (either financially or in position) from Norman owning the club, or they're simply not very intelligent.

To think that last night could have actually been an opportunity for Norman in some small way. Despite the lies that have gone before, the false promises, the trajectory of decline year on year, he was asked repeatedly how he could take the club forward. That was his chance, his last tiny chance to gain some small form of redemption. If he'd have delivered a well though through, believable, realistic, inspirational speech about his plans for the short and long term future, then maybe just maybe some could have given him a final chance. His response was shambolic, embarrassing, ill thought through (if at all) and frankly a disgrace for a man in his position. And yet, he was clapped by some.

I really, really, fear for our clubs future under this excuse of a man.

Exactly my thoughts, force him onto the back foot at the end of the season and get the fans on his case all summer, no season tickets sold, no shirts sold and really make him think about Synetics as the grim reaper sat looking over his shoulder. The chatter from him about Synetics needing funding to acquire the club I feel is probably one of the only nuggets of truth to come from last nights meeting. Synetics coming out of hiding is for the good of the club either way, they either buy it or they provoke other interested parties into action.

Its a shame Carol works with the Foundation as I'd love Synectics to come out and respond to some of the claims made by Norman last night.

She could resign the position and respond immediately should she wish. Lets be honest if we are to believe the hype about her and synetics peddled by fans on here, she could easily take over the club and make sure the foundation was well looked after.

Sadly we know she wont she will continue with the foundation and continue radio silence

Archived