onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Q&A with Norman Smurthwaite - Supporters Club Mtg

robf

Has anyone who can do sums worked out how we can be losing £160,000 a month?

Yeah, me. But that would involve calling him a liar, whereas we all know Jean, you are the liar. It's pretty simple to work out what has been going on. Proving it is a different matter because of the labyrinthine nature of Smurthwaite's ownership of Vale through all these companies of his.

I, like you and a few others on here, know exactly what he is doing and has been doing since he "took over".

By looking at the sketchy accounts he has published.

So it goes... he gets away with it yet again.

Advert

As much as I dislike the 'unwashed' down the road, they show us up in the way that they can get things done. When they don't like something they are very good at getting rid of it

Absolutely spot on.

Directors boxes would have been stormed by passionate fans long before now.

Yeah, me. But that would involve calling him a liar, whereas we all know Jean, you are the liar. It's pretty simple to work out what has been going on. Proving it is a different matter because of the labyrinthine nature of Smurthwaite's ownership of Vale through all these companies of his.

I, like you and a few others on here, know exactly what he is doing and has been doing since he "took over".

By looking at the sketchy accounts he has published.

So it goes... he gets away with it yet again.

I said a while back that if he’s up to something then Vale fans have previous form for getting to the bottom of things with dodgy owners. I think now is the time to really start digging deeper to uncover the whole thing. I didn’t believe that he was ripping the club off but I think now, it is quite obvious something is t right.

Seriously believe that as fans we need to start protesting, starving him out and making life very difficult for Norman.

Be interesting to see whether liar will be in attendance against Chesterfield.

Lose that and we must assemble outside. HE IS GOING TO RELEGATE US AGAIN.

The scumbag does not accept that he is detested and NOT WANTED HERE. Make him realise he is wrong.

I said a while back that if he’s up to something then Vale fans have previous form for getting to the bottom of things with dodgy owners. I think now is the time to really start digging deeper to uncover the whole thing. I didn’t believe that he was ripping the club off but I think now, it is quite obvious something is t right.

Seriously believe that as fans we need to start protesting, starving him out and making life very difficult for Norman.

You cannot starve a man out who owns a business losing 160k a month and yet it’s totally self sufficient.

Think about it.

By God , he got off light at the meeting. Reading the blog , I was getting angrier by the minute. “ Shut up and sit down” ? I’d have raked him over the coals for that , even if I was thrown out , and how dare he call someone a liar , twice.

******* ******* , but we knew that it would be an exercise in backslapping . He’s lining his pockets with Vale money. I’m convinced of that.

You cannot starve a man out who owns a business losing 160k a month and yet it’s totally self sufficient.

Think about it.

Paul, following your salient and succinct reply I'm going off-line, grabbing a cup of coffee, give Mrs AR a peck on the cheek, then out to do some gardening.

Catch you later folks :smile:

What a complete waste of time listening that idiot last night.

He’s got no plan to take us forward at all, and wouldn’t answer to those questions as he clearly hasn’t got a clue.

Some of his baffling On was horrendous and we’ve heard it all before at the previous meetings. He is a boring ****** who baffles on but forgets what he’s saying.

He’s hoping and praying Aspin can do a “Accrington” next season and get us up with a **** poor budget..

The mans a disgrace and how he spoke to a few fans last night was awful.

I’m finished next season while he’s still there. **** off

How can anyone be surprised that people support him. Look how people did the same for v2001. For Christ sake there are still people who support them now and would have them back. I just can’t comprehend how a club bought for 1.25 million with no debts and on the way to a higher league with a superior squad can now be losing £140,000 a month and be in a fight for survival and be worth 5 times that amount, just because it has more debts due to the owners mistakes as opposed to investment in anything that adds value to the club.

I’ll pop up every now and again next year to see my mates but I’m done with buying shitty food & shitty drinks, in a shitty ground, watching a shitty team all because of a shitty owner.

Life is way too short for that & its certainty too short to pay for the pleasure.

I’ll pop up every now and again next year to see my mates but I’m done with buying shitty food & shitty drinks, in a shitty ground, watching a shitty team all because of a shitty owner.

Life is way too short for that & its certainty too short to pay for the pleasure.

My feelings exactly Vale have finally ground me down everything about the club just depresses my weekends. Was saying to bloke I work with I genuinely wish I cud wash my hands of Vale altogether or maybe just check the Sunday papers see how they went on I wud be far happier but I can't, it's easy to not want pay £23 go the match but while they play where ever I am I have to listen to them or continually check the score and it ruins my day still. I dream of a day I wake up on a Saturday and first thing I think of is game day with enthusiasm like I used to, I want it for me and the kids and I'm preying it's comes back one day, there's always hope I suppose.

Having slept on it I’m now totally convinced that he is a pompous , delusional, self promoting buffoon- our very own Donald Trump. The number of contradictions and therefore, I suppose, lies were legion. To start off a meeting about an organisation that you own and say that it is run appallingly but that you have had nothing to do with the day to day running of it for a considerable amount of time and is making a month on month operational loss is just too bizarre for words! He really does insult the intelligence of every single one of us.

My feelings exactly Vale have finally ground me down everything about the club just depresses my weekends. Was saying to bloke I work with I genuinely wish I cud wash my hands of Vale altogether or maybe just check the Sunday papers see how they went on I wud be far happier but I can't, it's easy to not want pay £23 go the match but while they play where ever I am I have to listen to them or continually check the score and it ruins my day still. I dream of a day I wake up on a Saturday and first thing I think of is game day with enthusiasm like I used to, I want it for me and the kids and I'm preying it's comes back one day, there's always hope I suppose.

For once I agree with you. I care about this great club probably too much but it’s in my blood. It’s an addiction I can’t kick. Smurf has brought this club to its knees. It’s a catch 22. Boot him out by way of protest and we go under. Keep him in power and we go under. I am one of the lucky ones I can hold on to the Rudge/Aspo era but some of our dwindling support has only watched absolute dross. What chance has the great men Sir John and the Legend got? If we stay up it will be a MIRACLE. But is that simply prolonging the inevitable under this Chairman?

It gets easier, trust me.

My only guilt is not going along to give my support to Aspo, along with Rudgie. I truly believe we have something pretty special there, but it's totally wasted under this ****. I hate him for that alone.

What this man has single-handedly done to OUR club is incredible. We have bickering on here of which yes i have been a part. We have fans of decades who don't go any longer because their love for the club is slowly dying ( like the club itself ) .

I am not being told by this clown that it was wrong for me to chant at JJ Hooper, your'e siht for Grimsby your'e siht for Vale and one lazy illegitimate . Some Grimsby fans applauded and it seemed like they agreed totally. The reason i joined in was because i can never forgive how he crawled off the pitch at Fleetwood after 10 mins , in my book because he wasn't up for the fight. I have followed Vale for 45 years Smurf and have more passion in my little toe than JJ Hooper so i'll sing what i want thank you very much.

Amazed Smurf didn't twist it into a racist thing to be honest. Wasn't Smurf instrumental in signing Hooper so maybe mis-guided loyalty.

To accuse respected people of lies and the drugs comment just epitomise the bloke, i really do not know how he has ever made a success of life. The denial and blase comments give me no comfort that he wants to sell up.

The extra 300 quid he wants off everyone would be better spent on 300 lucky dips and if by a miracle there was a winner then buy the idiot out.

Not sure what else i can offer, totally dejected and underwhelmed by it all.

Archived