onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Q&A with Norman Smurthwaite - Supporters Club Mtg

robf

After attending tonight I have learnt a few things;

1) NS would make a very good politician as he didn't give a straight answer to questions asked

2) As fans we need to either put up or shut up

3) The guy is either clinically insane or playing the role of pantomime villain and was saying things to deliberately wind people up I.e. Its none of your business (when asked about the asking price) so sit down.

Advert

tonight's fiasco was a complete waste of every sane person's time. People asked questions but got no answers only ramblings of poor old smurthwaite and how he was continually having to apologize for our fans behavior at away games.get over yourself man. You should spend more time apologizing to your own fans for the way you are running our club into the ground.

Tha saddest thing of all was though just how many gullible people hang on his ever word. Norman the man who saved port vale, give over he is the man who will probably kill the club.

Did i learn anything ? Yes our owner tells more lies than cracker dan and there are more smurfettes out there than i could ever imagine. The mind boggles.

exactly!!!embarrassing lot will aid the demise of pvfc!!!

It has to get nasty to get him gone.

Only solution.

Why for the life of me he stays when we are apparently losing 160k a month, I do not know.

Oh yes.

I do.

The mans a crook and is fiddling Port Vale Football Club and its supporters.

He reckoned that when he took over the club was losing 80k a month so how has he managed to double the loss while slashing the playing budget?

He actually asked the fans for £300 each.

Told them to worry about supporting the players, nothing else.

Replied “it’s none of your business, sit down” when asked what price he’d accept for the club.

Amidst this, people clap and worship him for ‘saving the club’.

The man is mentally ill. I’m verging between anger and apathy. What did we do to deserve V2001 and this clown?

So those of you who has season tickets are paying £600 for the privilege of a club that could be non league.

Not seen it mentioned but when it was stated that Askey's dad had said he had been interviewed, Smurf said he must be on drugs.

Norman raised it. I discovered he follows me on here - should I be proud or worried?! It was the first time he called me a liar. He said I'd posted the story on here - which I had as an example of his unwillingness to pay the going rate for a job. But apparently what Askey's Dad told me in Marks and Sparks is complete fiction. The second time he caled me a liar was when I mentioned something he had told me in an email and apparently that was a lie as well!

Not defending Smurf!

But did you really expect him, to state what he wants for the club? Fault him for a lot of things, but you won’t find a club owner or buisness owner, how will state publicly how much they are willing to sell for!

Like it or not, but there are trade secrets, he is allowed to keep. He answered once, and got asked again and again, before he got nasty. I’ve seen politicians with media training and 50 spindoctors do the same. So I don’t really blame him for that single statement.

How can people sit and listern to that and then applaude it no wonder we are where we are

This really gives him the impression that some fans support him and gives him more reason to stay.

What are these people thinking .

Did anyone ask him what he thought about the fans singing about him at the Stevenage game.

It was more the way he answered the question that angered most of us. He could have said I'm sorry I won't answer that, rather than telling people to shut up and sit down

I think I'd have struggled to contain myself if he'd spoken to me like that. It is a perfectly reasonable question, and I guess the reason(s) he didn't answer it was ether because he hasn't got a clue or he knew he would be laughed at with his crazy figure.

He really doesn't do himself any favours in his dealings with people - he's simply not a polite or sociable person, and that's a bad mix.

We may survive this season, but where on earth is this all going to end?

Archived